Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:04:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Congratualtions Keir Starmer  (Read 82598 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Congratualtions Keir Starmer
« Reply #180 on April 10, 2020, 04:47:37 pm by Sprotyrover »
So Sproty we'd better not discuss politics in the USA or anywhere else then
Hounslow if you want to join a Sports forum in the US and then start Trolling it's members on Political issues, my advice is see your Doctor!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on April 11, 2020, 06:03:54 am by SydneyRover »
It's only trolling if you disagree apparently, anyway I'm trying to improve things for when I get back, I'm looking at a couple of places on Melton rd but I prefer to be a bit closer to shops and stuff so Cromwell Dr may suit me better  :)

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on April 11, 2020, 07:43:07 am by Iberian Red »
I just wonder why he comes on here trolling Politics when he lives in OZ and told peeps at the back of the South stand that he was fed up of the country, I don't mind him having a say on the team but as he bogged off for a better life over a decade ago He needs to find an Aussie Forum to spout his Political views on!

Congratulations!
You've won "Little Englander 2020".
It's a title you thoroughly deserve.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on April 11, 2020, 08:32:59 am by drfchound »
It's only trolling if you disagree apparently, anyway I'm trying to improve things for when I get back, I'm looking at a couple of places on Melton rd but I prefer to be a bit closer to shops and stuff so Cromwell Dr may suit me better  :)

Hey Sproty, he could be your neighbour,

(He probably only picked those locations to wind you up).

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on April 11, 2020, 11:17:21 am by Sprotyrover »
If he wants to be my neighbour on Melton road I haven't got a Problem, as most houses are at least 25 yards apart and very rarely come onto the Market.

Hey Sproty, he could be your neighbour,

(He probably only picked those locations to wind you up).

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on April 11, 2020, 11:19:58 am by Sprotyrover »
I just wonder why he comes on here trolling Politics when he lives in OZ and told peeps at the back of the South stand that he was fed up of the country, I don't mind him having a say on the team but as he bogged off for a better life over a decade ago He needs to find an Aussie Forum to spout his Political views on!

Congratulations!
You've won "Little Englander 2020".
It's a title you thoroughly deserve.

Kindly explain yourself?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on April 12, 2020, 12:50:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It is notable that in his recent meeting with the "Jewish Community" Starmer excluded Jewish Voice for Labour. I understand that JVL may have upset the precarious apple cart he's pushing re the antisemitism moves, but excluding them is not in any way wholesome, it's appeasement to a certain sector, brushing the dirt under the carpet, half a job Bob. Politics eh!

https://labourlist.org/2020/04/starmer-apologises-to-jewish-community-in-video-meeting/

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on April 12, 2020, 01:06:31 pm by roversdude »

There goes the neighbourhood Sproty - please stick to Cromwell etc lol

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on April 12, 2020, 01:57:54 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
This is interesting.

"The 860-page report, seen by Sky News, concluded factional hostility towards Jeremy Corbyn amongst former senior officials contributed to "a litany of mistakes" that hindered the effective handling of the issue."

Nothing on the BBC about it, no surprise there. And so far no comment from Starmer, or even Margaret fncking Hodges.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-antisemitism-investigation-will-not-be-sent-to-equality-commission-11972071

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on April 29, 2020, 07:50:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Starmer's taken to PMQ like a duck to water.

In the previous exchange, Starmer had given a criticism of the Govt handling of CV-19 and asked if the Govt would consider inviting Labour to the table when policy was being discussed. Raab then laid into him for having had the temerity to criticise the Govt.

Here was the result.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jude5456/status/1255457611933196288

Doesn't mean anything of course. Hague used to run rings round Blair at PMQs. But in the current era, a clinical, well-prepared LotO holding the Govt to account is exactly what is required.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on April 29, 2020, 08:29:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yes, Labour supporters will be very impressed with Starmer. I can see him being the leader of the opposition for years.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on April 29, 2020, 08:37:07 pm by Filo »

In the previous exchange, Starmer had given a criticism of the Govt handling of CV-19 and asked if the Govt would consider inviting Labour to the table when policy was being discussed. Raab then laid into him for having had the temerity to criticise the Govt.

Here was the result.

Doesn't mean anything of course. Hague used to run rings round Blair at PMQs. But in the current era, a clinical, well-prepared LotO holding the Govt to account is exactly what is required.

A top class Barrister v A second rate Solicitor, there is no contest, wait until the failed journalist turns up 😂😂😂😂😂

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on April 29, 2020, 08:38:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Here was the result.

A top class Barrister v A second rate Solicitor, there is no contest, wait until the failed journalist turns up 😂😂😂😂😂

Remember Buster Douglas?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on April 29, 2020, 08:52:10 pm by selby »
  His big problem are not the Tories, they are in his own party.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on April 29, 2020, 08:54:44 pm by Filo »

Here was the result.

Remember Buster Douglas?

Yes he lost his next fight against a cruiserweight, and spent the rest of his career fighting bums

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on April 30, 2020, 10:12:29 pm by tyke1962 »
Yes, Labour supporters will be very impressed with Starmer. I can see him being the leader of the opposition for years.

God forbid an intelligent and credible bloke should lead a political party in this day and age .

Better stick with the bankrupt king and reality tv idiot across the pond or the shake hands with corvid-19 patients serial liar we have in the UK .

I'll give Johnson 18 months tops before his own party , media and donors turn on him .

With what's coming down the road he won't even be around to fight the next election .

Simple choice for the Tories , get rid of the idiot or Labour win with a landslide under Starmer .

You heard it here first .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on April 30, 2020, 10:22:09 pm by tyke1962 »

Here was the result.

Raab looked close to a meltdown before Starmer even got to his feet .

As the great John Crace said in The Guardian yesterday " the calmer and nice here is to you with his style the more he's actually taking you apart "

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on May 01, 2020, 07:54:47 pm by scawsby steve »

God forbid an intelligent and credible bloke should lead a political party in this day and age .

Better stick with the bankrupt king and reality tv idiot across the pond or the shake hands with corvid-19 patients serial liar we have in the UK .

I'll give Johnson 18 months tops before his own party , media and donors turn on him .

With what's coming down the road he won't even be around to fight the next election .

Simple choice for the Tories , get rid of the idiot or Labour win with a landslide under Starmer .

Tyke, I totally agree with you about Starmer being intelligent and credible. He's also a very decent man. However, you must also not forget that he showed an astonishing lack of judgement on Brexit, when it came to Labour voters in the North, which contributed to the terrible pummeling the Party took last year.

When out on my walk today, I came across an old friend of mine, a guy who has been the staunchest Labour supporter I've ever known, all of his life. He's always hated the Tories with a passion, and still does.

When I asked him about Starmer, he said that in his opinion the guy would be a disaster for the Party, and that Labour are now interested in nothing but London and the South.

Whether he's right or wrong, Tyke, the thing is that there'll be millions thinking like him in the North of England. How does Starmer now get them all back on board? Because he's certainly going to have to if the Labour Party are going to turn an 80 seat Tory majority into the Labour landslide that you're predicting in 2024.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on May 01, 2020, 09:52:15 pm by wilts rover »
If you see your friend in the near future SS then maybe you could mention to him that Starmer is asking people like him to contact him and speak about why Labour has lost his trust and what he can do to win it back. He was planning on doing sessions all around the country but events overtook him.

Nice interview with him here. He comes over just as nice, dull, boring, intelligent and extremely competent as in every other interview I have read on him - time will tell if that is what people want in a leader.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/keir-starmer-i-won-t-be-defined-by-our-past-leaders-a4429356.html

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on May 01, 2020, 10:18:11 pm by scawsby steve »
If you see your friend in the near future SS then maybe you could mention to him that Starmer is asking people like him to contact him and speak about why Labour has lost his trust and what he can do to win it back. He was planning on doing sessions all around the country but events overtook him.

Nice interview with him here. He comes over just as nice, dull, boring, intelligent and extremely competent as in every other interview I have read on him - time will tell if that is what people want in a leader.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/keir-starmer-i-won-t-be-defined-by-our-past-leaders-a4429356.html

Like I said Wilts, I like the guy, but by God, he's got a mammoth task on his hands.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on May 01, 2020, 10:22:56 pm by tyke1962 »

Tyke, I totally agree with you about Starmer being intelligent and credible. He's also a very decent man. However, you must also not forget that he showed an astonishing lack of judgement on Brexit, when it came to Labour voters in the North, which contributed to the terrible pummeling the Party took last year.

When out on my walk today, I came across an old friend of mine, a guy who has been the staunchest Labour supporter I've ever known, all of his life. He's always hated the Tories with a passion, and still does.

When I asked him about Starmer, he said that in his opinion the guy would be a disaster for the Party, and that Labour are now interested in nothing but London and the South.

Whether he's right or wrong, Tyke, the thing is that there'll be millions thinking like him in the North of England. How does Starmer now get them all back on board? Because he's certainly going to have to if the Labour Party are going to turn an 80 seat Tory majority into the Labour landslide that you're predicting in 2024.

Steve

I'm aware of Starmer's stance on brexit and its catastrophic consequences in the heartlands .

The way I look at is that we need to move on now , the brexit argument is over and done with , we have left now and that's that .

We need to bury the hatchet come together behind the new leader , I'm an ardent leaver so I've figured if I can move on then we should all be able to .

Starmer as Wilts has pointed out is reaching out to the heartlands and asking the questions and no doubt he will take on board what's he's hearing .

He's intelligent enough to know things need to change and I fully believe he will get the party united and ready for government .

It won't be a quick fix solution and it doesn't need to be as there isn't an election for 4 years .

Step by step rather than knee jerk decisions .

I think he will shift the party more towards the centre ground as time goes on and the electorate will have a choice of right wing populist v centre ground credibility .

Four more years of this clown and what's coming down the road economically from the aftermath of this pandemic will I feel see a return to common sense and credibility .

Crisis government's never get re-elected historically , not even Churchill could manage that or Gordon Brown to a lesser extent .

I'm a left wing man myself but we have to compromise to get elected , I understand that .

A centre Labour Government is still a damn sight more preferable than a Tory one led by this buffoon that I do know .

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on May 02, 2020, 11:23:53 am by i_ateallthepies »

Steve, there's a rich seam of traditional labour voters for Starmer to go at who, unlike your friend, clearly weren't thinking for themselves at the last election.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on May 02, 2020, 11:35:41 am by SydneyRover »
Whatever Starmer has done to the people of the North it can't posiibly compare to what the tories have done to the North surely, as Tyke says get over it move on.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on May 02, 2020, 01:50:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Whatever Starmer has done to the people of the North it can't posiibly compare to what the tories have done to the North surely, as Tyke says get over it move on.

And after Brexit has wreaked it's havoc on the north, I very much doubt the north will see any further than those who bleated 'get it done' for someone to blame for it.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on May 02, 2020, 06:41:29 pm by scawsby steve »

Steve

I'm aware of Starmer's stance on brexit and its catastrophic consequences in the heartlands .

The way I look at is that we need to move on now , the brexit argument is over and done with , we have left now and that's that .

We need to bury the hatchet come together behind the new leader , I'm an ardent leaver so I've figured if I can move on then we should all be able to .

Starmer as Wilts has pointed out is reaching out to the heartlands and asking the questions and no doubt he will take on board what's he's hearing .

He's intelligent enough to know things need to change and I fully believe he will get the party united and ready for government .

It won't be a quick fix solution and it doesn't need to be as there isn't an election for 4 years .

Step by step rather than knee jerk decisions .

I think he will shift the party more towards the centre ground as time goes on and the electorate will have a choice of right wing populist v centre ground credibility .

Four more years of this clown and what's coming down the road economically from the aftermath of this pandemic will I feel see a return to common sense and credibility .

Crisis government's never get re-elected historically , not even Churchill could manage that or Gordon Brown to a lesser extent .

I'm a left wing man myself but we have to compromise to get elected , I understand that .

A centre Labour Government is still a damn sight more preferable than a Tory one led by this buffoon that I do know .

Some great points in there Tyke. However, I can't see the Tories pursuing right wing populist policies during the economic hit that's coming with this virus. They've already had to take the railways into state control, and many economic pundits are saying the same thing will have to happen with the airline industry, and other industries as well.

If all this happens, the Tories will be taking the centre ground almost by default, and Labour will face an enormous task getting it back.

I don't envy Starmer's job at the moment, I really don't.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on May 02, 2020, 06:59:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Just out of interest SS, by that last part would your friend be then voting for the Tories or didn't they allude to that? If it sounds like they'd vote Tory then how come Boris is seen as someone who cares more about Northern folk than Starmer?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on May 02, 2020, 07:27:14 pm by scawsby steve »

Just out of interest SS, by that last part would your friend be then voting for the Tories or didn't they allude to that? If it sounds like they'd vote Tory then how come Boris is seen as someone who cares more about Northern folk than Starmer?

You didn't read the post properly, DO. I said my friend hates the Tories with a passion, so obviously he won't be voting for them, as I never would, being an ex-miner.

As regards those in the North that did vote Tory, it was nothing to do with Boris caring about them, it was about him honouring the Referendum result, which Labour didn't.

Simple as; and now Starmer has got to get them all back on board.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on May 02, 2020, 07:50:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »

You didn't read the post properly, DO. I said my friend hates the Tories with a passion, so obviously he won't be voting for them, as I never would, being an ex-miner.

As regards those in the North that did vote Tory, it was nothing to do with Boris caring about them, it was about him honouring the Referendum result, which Labour didn't.

Simple as; and now Starmer has got to get them all back on board.

Apologies and cheers.

Hopefully we can put Brexit behind us and the next election will be purely on how this Government has done and if someone else could do better based on their manifestos.

I do think Starmers Brexit position was purely because he doesn't think the country and the people in it will be as well off out of the EU. Thus doing what was best for us, which no one can really blame him for.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on May 02, 2020, 11:16:47 pm by SydneyRover »
Just a point if labour were punished for not honouring the ref result what did the tories offer people of the North for the last 10 years which they must have honoured to win successive elections, vote for us and we'll trash the economy, reduce your personal wealth, f**k over the NHS, make employment insecure, starve councils of funds and the best of all 'we'll get Austerity done'  :)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on May 02, 2020, 11:25:06 pm by tyke1962 »
Just a point if labour were punished for not honouring the ref result what did the tories offer people of the North for the last 10 years which they must have honoured to win successive elections, vote for us and we'll trash the economy, reduce your personal wealth, f**k over the NHS, make employment insecure, starve councils of funds and the best of all 'we'll get Austerity done'  :)

The unpopularity of Corbyn was also a massive factor Sydney .

Absolutely loathed in the heartlands .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012