Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:49:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Ryan...a proper gent  (Read 5696 times)

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
Re:John Ryan...a proper gent
« Reply #30 on January 13, 2011, 09:46:54 pm by Old Popsider »
Last game down at Southend. Crossing the car park & I was walking past JR as he got out of his JET motor with missus.

I said to him 'Good win coming up today John?' He simply replied ' In SOD we trust. No reason to doubt him.' Big flash of the pearlies and he wished me well and went off to the main stand.

Top man.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 13, 2011, 10:27:18 pm by BobG »
As Wilts won't say it, first game this season there were three of us in Wilts' car bombing up the M6 towards Preston when what should we spot screaming up the outside lane but a nice Bentley doing a ton plus. It was JR of course. So Wilts sticks his foot down to get back in range and then proceeds to murder his horn (Oh no!) trying to attract the attention of the great man. When he succeeded, for a couple of seconds John looked like he thought we were about to run him off the road, but when he spotted the glaringly obvious red and white all over the car, he grinned, gave us a thumbs up and then a wave - as he stuck his own foot down and left us way behind as he raidly approached the sound barrier.

Top man. That's all there is to say.

BobG

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 14, 2011, 12:02:43 am by wilts rover »
BobG wrote:
As Wilts won't say it, first game this season there were three of us in Wilts' car bombing up the M6 towards Preston when what should we spot screaming up the outside lane but a nice Bentley doing a ton plus. It was JR of course. So Wilts sticks his foot down to get back in range and then proceeds to murder his horn (Oh no!) trying to attract the attention of the great man. When he succeeded, for a couple of seconds John looked like he thought we were about to run him off the road, but when he spotted the glaringly obvious red and white all over the car, he grinned, gave us a thumbs up and then a wave - as he stuck his own foot down and left us way behind as he raidly approached the sound barrier.

Top man. That's all there is to say.

BobG

ahh but if only......i should like to totally disassociate myself from any inference that I have ever speeded on the motorway - or ever been to Preston (oh all right I was at a cup game there in the 80's/90's and had an interview at the football museum) and on the day in question I was in a field in Oxfordshire watching Fairport Convention and Crowle Rover can prove it. I do believe that Mr G is getting his Wilts's mixed up once again and it was Exiled in Wiltshire (not Wiltshire Exile who is also someone else entirely) who was driving - as his car is faster than mine

now did I ever tell you about that time I was speaking to JR in the club bar at Forest Green......or was it Leek...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012