Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:39:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next season  (Read 1572 times)

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
Next season
« on February 03, 2024, 05:53:39 pm by Dabbermoo »
How many of this squad that GM inherited do you think will still be a donny player once this season ends?
I believe all those out of contract will not be offered a new one apart from Close.
Can GM be blamed for performances this season when we all know how he likes his team to play front foot attacking football, do we have the players to be able to do that? IMO no we don't and this summer will be the most important window for donny in the last 6 years or so.
Granted he has had 2 windows to bring in his own players but the squad is massive, injuries this season are like no season we have had before, would GM seriously let go of what he has to work with in order to trim the squad to his preferred 20 or keep what he had as cover and keep the bloated squad.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Next season
« Reply #1 on February 03, 2024, 05:57:21 pm by scawsby steve »
You're assuming that we'll still be in the EFL next season, and that GM will still be here.

Very speculative, that.

RoverinLincs

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 03, 2024, 06:00:38 pm by RoverinLincs »
Is there an option to get rid of every player except Bailey and Ironside, and clear out the entire management and coaching staff and starting from an entire clean slate?

If so, I’ll take that please

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 03, 2024, 06:03:06 pm by RoversInSpain »
McCann has to be given time.
There are some players who need to be got rid of who have been with the club a long time and been a constant in the dramatic fall. They must go. My gut feeling is that some of these are the root of discontent in the club.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 03, 2024, 06:07:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
McCann has signed 13/14 of the current squad.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 03, 2024, 06:09:24 pm by In the box »
Would you give McCann another season or go for a more seasoned and L2 experienced manager .

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 03, 2024, 06:13:17 pm by Nudga »
Another bloody rebuild in the summer. One transfer window wasted already.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 03, 2024, 06:14:00 pm by RoversInSpain »
In my opinion the manager is not the problem.
Orient may confirm this.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 03, 2024, 06:16:31 pm by Canadian Rover »

And what "budget" was that... Why sign Lawlor? Simple money. You really think for one minute we have given Grant his #1 and #2 targets for each position? I really doubt it.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 03, 2024, 06:19:03 pm by Copps is Magic »
The Lawlor and Wood signing were made very quickly when he had most of his budget available.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 03, 2024, 06:21:00 pm by Pliskin »
We've talked about "just getting to the end of the season and rebuilding" for the previous three years. How's that gone?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 03, 2024, 06:26:39 pm by Dare to dream! »
Lawlor was a Bizzare signing at the time and looks worse now.

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 03, 2024, 06:29:59 pm by Bills view »
People are right to start questioning McCann. He has signed off the recruitment, he decides the tactics etc.

It would be interesting to know the players budget compared to previous years. I wonder what some of the previous managers are thinking.

Depressingly poor at the moment.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 03, 2024, 06:41:44 pm by keith79 »
One would expect better players with a better budget. Mccann budget compared to schofield and wellens must be huge.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 03, 2024, 06:44:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
We aren’t very good at budget management. We signed and re-signed Lawlor and Jones in the summer. Yes they should be able to prove themselves but we all knew we needed a serious keeper. We’ve now had to bring in this lad as we didn’t have confidence in Jones. If we had invested in first place as we all said, then we would have likely paid out no more and maybe less.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 03, 2024, 06:50:47 pm by mushRTID »
Questions have to be asked of McCann now if he is the right man for next season or not.

Heard on the radio a 96th min penalty was our only shot on target! It’s not good enough.

He is fortunate to have enjoyed a honeymoon period longer than anyone else would have. Also the frustration with the board has taken a lot of heat off him.

Overall a huge disappointment and I am 100% a fan of his. It’s just not been good enough.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 03, 2024, 07:29:26 pm by Barmby Rover »
GM can have as much time as he wants from me. I am not sure he will put up with the dross he has to work with and the lack of funds to improve the quality though, he may well walk away if things don't improve.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 03, 2024, 09:27:35 pm by In the box »
GM can have as much time as he wants from me. I am not sure he will put up with the dross he has to work with and the lack of funds to improve the quality though, he may well walk away if things don't improve.
Let  him have as much by time as he needs ……at another club !!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 03, 2024, 09:41:59 pm by Barmby Rover »

We will, of course, be employing Klopp to come here will we? I doubt you could get a better quality manager at this level.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 03, 2024, 10:04:44 pm by In the box »

We will, of course, be employing Klopp to come here will we? I doubt you could get a better quality manager at this level.
What is McCanns pedigree at L2 Level .

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 03, 2024, 10:20:02 pm by Colin C No.3 »

What is McCanns pedigree at L2 Level .

Before I tell you, why do you ask? Or are you being rhetorical (that means you already know the answer to the question) in which case you’re mischief making or to put it more bluntly, you’re a s**t stirrer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012