Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:30:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Car Parking in car park 1  (Read 24583 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Car Parking in car park 1
« Reply #120 on October 11, 2017, 12:05:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »
What is obvious is that some people knew about it and some didn't

Which means the club did not get the message out adequately    :blink:

They've got a big feck off screen in the ground, a two or three minute job to put a basic

"Do not Park in Car Park 1 during the week when visiting THe ticket office or shop"

and guess what you've got virtually all your target audience

A little bit of thought is all thats required

But there's a sign?

We know that, but the message obviously hadn't got out  properly as I  said theres other solutions that could have been employed, plus a screen which would hit virtually all the targeted audience in one foul swoop   mind you no doubt even then .......................

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on October 11, 2017, 12:22:06 pm by RedJ »
Habit is another absolutely ridiculous defence. You don't continue to use your mobile at the wheel because you did before the law changed and just expect to get away with it do you?

If you have to rely on a law to stop you using a mobile phone while driving then we do have serious problems regarding common sense.

No I know... but it used to be legal, and now it isn't, yet some people still do it. I was just using it as an example.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on October 11, 2017, 12:23:02 pm by RedJ »

They've got a big feck off screen in the ground, a two or three minute job to put a basic

"Do not Park in Car Park 1 during the week when visiting THe ticket office or shop"

But there's a sign?

We know that, but the message obviously hadn't got out  properly as I  said theres other solutions that could have been employed, plus a screen which would hit virtually all the targeted audience in one foul swoop   mind you no doubt even then .......................

Or he could've looked at one of several signs around the car park and thought ooh I wonder what this says maybe it's rules about parking... instead of coming on here basically labelling the club scum of the earth for something they've not done.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on October 11, 2017, 12:28:52 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
5 pages on not reading signs.

Roll on Saturday.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on October 11, 2017, 01:10:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »

But there's a sign?

Or he could've looked at one of several signs around the car park and thought ooh I wonder what this says maybe it's rules about parking... instead of coming on here basically labelling the club scum of the earth for something they've not done.

But they did they arranged for  it to be rented out

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on October 11, 2017, 01:27:52 pm by RoversAlias »

But there's a sign?

The message hasn't gotten out properly because one bloke got a fine for not noticing all the signs and a couple of others said they didn't know either?

Funnily enough, all the correct steps have been taken in this process. The rule was changed, the signs went up, and it became public knowledge. Well before the OP fell foul of the fine. I'm sorry but we are all responsible for ourselves in this world to a certain degree and decrying the football club as the villain due to an oversight on the part of the complainant is not reasonable.

I mentioned this issue to my dad and he said he had noticed the signs and immediately stopped parking there when collecting tickets. This was some months ago now. He didn't find out due to incessant social media posts because he's never been on social media, he read it on the big sign at the car park and started going to the other car park instead from that point onwards. It's pretty simple.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on October 11, 2017, 02:56:08 pm by RedJ »

But there's a sign?

Jesus Christ that's just being pedantic.

Even if they did arrange for that, they aren't the ones responsible for slapping down a fine. Plus, as we've established, there are SEVERAL places it tells you not to park there at risk of a fine. I'm sorry but you're trying to defend the indefensible here then blaming the club.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on October 11, 2017, 03:57:16 pm by selby »
Feeling a bit guilty here folks,it was me who suggested they try and bring in some revenue by hiring some car park space during the week,as Bath cricket club did,a couple of years ago at a supporters meeting.
   Feel better about extending the bar area outside though,that does not seem to have coursed as much trouble.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on October 11, 2017, 04:03:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »

But there's a sign?

Even if they did arrange for that, they aren't the ones responsible for slapping down a fine. Plus, as we've established, there are SEVERAL places it tells you not to park there at risk of a fine. I'm sorry but you're trying to defend the indefensible here then blaming the club.

Yup but truthful

I'm not really trying to defend it just pointing out that yet again all methods of communicating a large  change weren't used and as I've previously said there are other solutions that could have been used if a bit more thought had gone into it and they wouldn't of pi$$ed anybody off

Most marketing people would love something that would hit 99% of the target audience in one swoop like the screen does.
 Would it have taken long? no a few minutes to input a sentence on a pc and upload it
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:08:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on October 11, 2017, 04:06:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Feeling a bit guilty here folks,it was me who suggested they try and bring in some revenue by hiring some car park space during the week,as Bath cricket club did,a couple of years ago at a supporters meeting.
   Feel better about extending the bar area outside though,that does not seem to have coursed as much trouble.

I wouldn't feel guilty selby no doubt it does generate income but its another big policy change that yet again hasn't been communicated  very effectively to the masses        signs or no signs :)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on October 11, 2017, 04:31:41 pm by NickDRFC »
Dagenham - you keep saying that they should put a message on the screen but when would they put it on the screen and how do you know it would reach everyone in the ground? I'm only outside when the game's on, and only look at the screen when I want to see a reply (if there's an advert on there I'd look away) so anything else on there wouldn't be seen by me and I'd imagine many more.

The signs and announcements on the website are more than enough, there's only so much you can do without spoon feeding each individual. The club aren't at fault here.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on October 11, 2017, 04:54:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Dagenham - you keep saying that they should put a message on the screen but when would they put it on the screen and how do you know it would reach everyone in the ground? I'm only outside when the game's on, and only look at the screen when I want to see a reply (if there's an advert on there I'd look away) so anything else on there wouldn't be seen by me and I'd imagine many more.

The signs and announcements on the website are more than enough, there's only so much you can do without spoon feeding each individual. The club aren't at fault here.

The signs and announcements on the website obviously weren't enough for some
The big screen is a massive marketing tool that will reach the bulk of the targeted audience, thats not spoon feeding individuals its hitting the majority of your intended audience,
It would have took 2 minutes to input a simple sentence and load it so it displays every so often in rotation with the various adverts

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on October 11, 2017, 05:22:39 pm by knockers »
Dagenham, there are 15 signs in the car park and they are not small.
As someone else has said most people only look at the screen for a replay.

I think the fact that Spankster has not posted again on the thread suggests he knows that he is wrong.

Leave the thread to die now!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on October 11, 2017, 06:42:03 pm by Ldr »
Nope it's all crap by the club. They should have a dedicated staff member, one for each fan, waiting in that car park to let the fan go to the ticket office whilst the club provides valet parking to avoid the charges. Afternoon tea maybe too. Ffs some ppl on here I ask you?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on October 11, 2017, 07:05:55 pm by RoversAlias »
I'd be buying tickets every day, even for things I wasn't going to, if I was getting accompanied afternoon tea in the deal. You might be onto something there.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on October 11, 2017, 07:57:04 pm by RedJ »

But there's a sign?

Yup but truthful

I'm not really trying to defend it just pointing out that yet again all methods of communicating a large  change weren't used and as I've previously said there are other solutions that could have been used if a bit more thought had gone into it and they wouldn't of pi$$ed anybody off

Most marketing people would love something that would hit 99% of the target audience in one swoop like the screen does.
 Would it have taken long? no a few minutes to input a sentence on a pc and upload it

And how long does it take to read a f**king great sign in the place you're parking? who goes into a car park and sees signs and doesn't think to look and see if it tells you how long you're allowed to park there if at all and what you have to pay to park there?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on October 11, 2017, 09:14:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »
tbh Redj I don't give a flying feck but yet again the club fails to use all the means available to them to get a message out to people and that is where the issue is, even if with a little bit more thought other solutions were easily  available

So I presume if youve parked in the same place for over 10 years you don't go onto auto pilot of course you do, and that is why the club should have used all available media to make it known its not some little back street plot of land

anyway good night and feck off the lot of you
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:28:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on October 11, 2017, 09:35:17 pm by knockers »
 :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on October 11, 2017, 11:06:17 pm by Muttley »
Which is Car Park 1?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on October 11, 2017, 11:08:00 pm by DonnyOsmond »
So if a speed limit changes on a road from 40 to 30 one week would people ignore that too? Then blame everyone else for not putting information about it everywhere else.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on October 12, 2017, 12:07:15 am by RedJ »
tbh Redj I don't give a flying feck but yet again the club fails to use all the means available to them to get a message out to people and that is where the issue is, even if with a little bit more thought other solutions were easily  available

So I presume if youve parked in the same place for over 10 years you don't go onto auto pilot of course you do, and that is why the club should have used all available media to make it known its not some little back street plot of land

You're just not grasping the fact that IT IS CLEARLY SIGNPOSTED in the car park that you can't park there.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on October 12, 2017, 05:51:57 am by Dagenham Rover »

You're just not grasping the fact that IT IS CLEARLY SIGNPOSTED in the car park that you can't park there.

I do grasp that, see the hilighted bit

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on October 12, 2017, 06:22:11 am by Glyn_Wigley »

And how far does that have to go before your argument reaches the depths of irrelevance? The club didn't purchase TV advertising time to announce the change so that they didn't use all available means? No skywriters announcing the change, so they haven't done enough?

The only relevant point is that the new arrangements were adequately signposted at the point of usage. Blaming the club for someone not seeing the signs at the point of usage because they haven't used means not at the point of usage to inform them is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:28:18 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on October 12, 2017, 06:47:32 am by Dagenham Rover »

And how far does that have to go before your argument reaches the depths of irrelevance? The club didn't purchase TV advertising time to announce the change so that they didn't use all available means? No skywriters announcing the change, so they haven't done enough?

The only relevant point is that the new arrangements were adequately signposted at the point of usage. Blaming the club for someone not seeing the signs at the point of usage because they haven't used means not at the point of usage to inform them is ridiculous.

Don't be stupid! nobodys asking them to take tv adverts out  The point is to advertise the change initially and widely on all the free methods of communication available to them,    not just once or twice on the website when it drops off the feed after an hour, not just sticking signs up at the point of usage,   All available means, website, twitter, facebook, big screen, programme these don't cost the club anything take seconds to upload and would hit virtually all of the target audience,
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:58:05 am by Dagenham Rover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on October 12, 2017, 07:02:17 am by Glyn_Wigley »
So they should do it on the website initially, but then how often so it doesn't drop off the feed - and for how long should they keep posting it so it doesn't drop off the feed? How often do you think they do they should do the same for twitter, facebook, on the big screen and in the programme? And who can they get to do it for free for them, seeing as you've deliberately highlighted that it won't cost them anything?

As for hitting 'virtually all of the target audience', I wouldn't have seen it on any of those and I suspect I'm not the only one. It also makes the assumption that everybody knows which car park is which purely by their number.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on October 12, 2017, 07:34:20 am by Dagenham Rover »
So they should do it on the website initially, but then how often so it doesn't drop off the feed - and for how long should they keep posting it so it doesn't drop off the feed? How often do you think they do they should do the same for twitter, facebook, on the big screen and in the programme? And who can they get to do it for free for them, seeing as you've deliberately highlighted that it won't cost them anything?

As for hitting 'virtually all of the target audience', I wouldn't have seen it on any of those and I suspect I'm not the only one. It also makes the assumption that everybody knows which car park is which purely by their number.

So we don't have a in-house media department..................................careful with your answers to that one  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on October 12, 2017, 07:37:25 am by Muttley »
Maybe on a match day all Rovers employees should tell everyone and ask them to pass it on....wonder how long it would be for rumours to start circulating that we'd signed Park Ji Sung?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on October 12, 2017, 07:49:36 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Maybe on a match day all Rovers employees should tell everyone and ask them to pass it on....wonder how long it would be for rumours to start circulating that we'd signed Park Ji Sung?

I'm getting the impression that some think that me not heeding a warning on any of the media outlets that I don't use would be my fault, yet me not reading a sign right in front of my face is the club's fault!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on October 12, 2017, 08:06:18 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Is this officially now car park gate?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on October 12, 2017, 08:40:18 am by Donnywolf »
Is this officially now car park gate?

If it IS then can someone please put a huge sign on it so that whether shut or open it says something appropriate and we can close the matter for good

I hope I keep up my record of mostly being the last "poster"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012