Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:38:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Liam Hoden Wow  (Read 4863 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Liam Hoden Wow
« Reply #30 on April 25, 2021, 09:13:36 pm by ravenrover »
Says John Bostock aka Beerseller

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 25, 2021, 09:17:10 pm by Beerseller »
Says John Bostock aka Beerseller

Ah shoot, I thought posting on here for 11 years before I signed for the Rovers would make it less obvious ;)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 25, 2021, 09:25:58 pm by scawsby steve »
Everything Beerseller's said about Bostock is true. The trouble is, the game's been full of these players over the years; Harry Forrester's another one.

It's a complete mystery as to why this happens to certain players.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 25, 2021, 10:04:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Us ordinary supporters who aren't privy to background information don't know what goes off in players' private lives that can affect their performances on the pitch. That isn't a criticism, by the way, footballers are entitled to privacy just as much as anyone else, and that's often why what happens to certain players remains a mystery, and rightly so.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 26, 2021, 08:34:56 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I think John has the talent to be a top player in this league.
Would love to see him taking more leadership and controlling the midfield, taking the game by the scruff of its neck like Whiteman used to.

I'm sure the current low confidence level in the group isn't helping his style.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 26, 2021, 12:01:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There's some nonsense talked about Bostock having so many clubs.

He was a talented kid who lost his way. Wasn't good enough for the Sours side he was contracted to, so was regularly loaned out.

Then when his contract ended, he took a big decision to restart his career abroad. Where he did well and won rapid moves to progressively bigger clubs in a short space of time.

There's no indication at all that he flits restlessly from club to club.

And I also agree that there is a very talented player in there. But he'd need a side building around him. The current one, the way it is set up is leaden footed, whereas he needs intelligent runners he can pick out.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 26, 2021, 01:40:20 pm by keyser_soze »
I seem to remember thinking John Doolan was absolute dog shit and a waste of a signing when he was in and out of the side in the last season of the Conference days. Once he established himself in the centre mid he was immense the following season in League One.

Hopefully Bostock will prove similar, and will benefit from being a regular starter with most of the play coming through him. Its certainly a position where you need to be in sync with the other players.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 04:34:03 pm by keyser_soze »

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 26, 2021, 04:34:34 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
I think Bostock gets more criticism than he deserves. U can see his quality on the ball and I think sometimes he plays passes that no other player in our team can but unfortunately the players in front of him don’t get on the end of them whether that’s because they’re not intelligent enough to make the run or they just don’t expect him to pick the pass. I also think he needs someone next to him who will do the dirty work and allow him to get further forward and help the attack.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 26, 2021, 04:46:31 pm by Lesonthewest »
The guys quality, said it in previous posts, big ifs, but if we get a manager that can get the best out of him, if we get better players around him who actually move, if we get a full preseason out of him, & if he fancies it, we will have a player next season, I 'm convinced of it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 05:42:44 pm by Lesonthewest »

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 26, 2021, 04:52:28 pm by nortikorner »
Trouble he thinks he is bigger than the game same as PAUL POGBA

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 26, 2021, 05:01:25 pm by jmt23 »
In this league his single pace may not be helping him, given his age it is not likely something he has ever had, or to gain.  I am unsure about him, yet he does show flashes of real quality, no more than the two Ben's (Whiteman & Sheaf) we had though. So who knows with a new manager or at the very least a new team he may shine.

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 26, 2021, 09:07:44 pm by redandwhitearmy »
Bostock really isn't the problem. Scapegoat springs to mind.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 26, 2021, 09:21:54 pm by scawsby steve »
Bostock really isn't the problem. Scapegoat springs to mind.

Scapegoat for who? Most of us are saying that apart from Anderson, Taylor, and the young 'uns, the whole bloody lot should be cleared out.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 26, 2021, 10:18:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm going to commit sacrilege now.

Anderson hasn't been any better than the rest over this past ten games. He's looked a shadow of what he was before Balcombe wiped him out at Fleetwood.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 26, 2021, 10:52:58 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Anderson hasn't been any better than the rest over this past ten games. He's looked a shadow of what he was before Balcombe wiped him out at Fleetwood.

Knocked the animal out of him. Fingers crossed he finds his inner pyscho again in pre season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 26, 2021, 11:03:00 pm by Chris Black come back »

I would agree with this.

He has the strongest case by far out of the entire back line, but we need to think the unthinkable this summer with the defensive unit.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 27, 2021, 01:21:16 am by PDX_Rover »
Tom has carried a lot of responsibility though. He’s carried the rest of the ever changing back line.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 27, 2021, 10:57:40 am by Bessie Red »
Under a good manager Bostock would run this league. He is not a Ben Whiteman replacement no matter what DM or AB think. He should be playing further forward where his talent can destroy teams. Hopefully the new manager will use him in a way that will allow him to show off his tremendous talent.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012