Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:59:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Genuine expectations for the season ahead..  (Read 6035 times)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
Genuine expectations for the season ahead..
« on July 29, 2014, 12:01:40 pm by RedArmy »
What does everyone honestly think our expectations will be for the coming season after the recent events?

I believe if we have a solid season (more wins than loses) and are in and around the play offs by Easter we will have a chance..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: Genuine expectations for the season ahead..
« Reply #1 on July 29, 2014, 12:03:15 pm by Red wizard »
If and a big IF we can keep RW and PQ then i would of thought in and around the top 8 at least.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 29, 2014, 12:04:07 pm by ian1980 »
Play offs

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 29, 2014, 12:05:17 pm by DonnyNoel »
Just one or two signings could make a difference. We're no doubt affected by the summer issues but I think if we can add a couple of decent loan signings and kick around the top 10 til Xmas then we may be able to add a bit of extra quality in January.

Wouldn't put money on us going up but I think if we can see positive signs that we're working towards previously mentioned targets on and off the pitch then thats a good sign.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 29, 2014, 12:05:24 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I'm going to expect nothing and hope for good things  :lol:

In all seriousness I've prepared for a mid table finish in my head but hope we can sneak a play-off spot

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 29, 2014, 12:06:54 pm by wesisback »
Mid table for me too. Can't see us struggling with the players remaining but we certainly don't have the quality to be up the top.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 29, 2014, 12:08:57 pm by RedArmy »
If and a big IF we can keep RW and PQ then i would of thought in and around the top 8 at least.

PQ would be a good solid player in this league but his behaviour over the last 2 summers has been awful. If none of us turned up to work we would be sacked no matter how good we are at our jobs.

Still a Solid defender and hope he stays.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 29, 2014, 12:10:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Top 6, there's no reason why we can't be.  We have the creativity in midfield and pace up front with experience at the back.  Still some work to do, but the signs are there it can come good.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 29, 2014, 12:17:38 pm by rtid88 »
After the preseason we have had would be happy with place above relegation! Any better than that I would see as success!!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 29, 2014, 12:20:54 pm by Dare to dream! »
Top 6       

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 29, 2014, 12:21:05 pm by RedArmy »
Top 6, there's no reason why we can't be.  We have the creativity in midfield and pace up front with experience at the back.  Still some work to do, but the signs are there it can come good.

I'll be the first to admit this time last week I thought all chances were gone, since then Iv had a proper look at the teams in the league and like you say can't see no reason why we can't be there or there abouts, bar Bristol City who I think will walk the league everyone else are as good or should I say as bad as us! :whistle:

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 29, 2014, 01:11:08 pm by podrover73 »

I'll be the first to admit this time last week I thought all chances were gone, since then Iv had a proper look at the teams in the league and like you say can't see no reason why we can't be there or there abouts, bar Bristol City who I think will walk the league everyone else are as good or should I say as bad as us! :whistle:

The only thing stopping Bristol City is the cock who is in charge of them

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 29, 2014, 01:13:32 pm by DRNaith »
I think we'll flirt with the playoffs for most of the season.  How the actual playoffs go though is a lottery.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 29, 2014, 01:15:09 pm by RobTheRover »
I'll take top half.  Keep it interesting going into the season's final few games.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 29, 2014, 01:20:19 pm by oggycompton »
Mid table, top half I think. Would be quite happy with that after the Summer we have had.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 29, 2014, 01:22:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Indeed, with the budget and players they have they have to be favourites.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 29, 2014, 01:26:53 pm by oggycompton »

Indeed, with the budget and players they have they have to be favourites.

Who have they got? I didnt realise they were that strong. Should they be in my league winners accumulator this season?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 29, 2014, 01:28:33 pm by Red wizard »
Bristol won't win it imo.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 29, 2014, 01:28:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
JET, Baldock and Ayling.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 29, 2014, 01:45:40 pm by Muttley »
I expect to miss more kick-offs than I see and watch most games through a beer-induced haze.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 29, 2014, 01:49:44 pm by Red wizard »
JET, Baldock and Ayling.
Baldock won't be there imo.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 29, 2014, 01:52:11 pm by Dare to dream! »
They also signed Luke Freeman from Stevenage who is a very good player + they put a bid in for Kieran Agard today

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 29, 2014, 03:01:23 pm by mpc123 »
playoffs

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 29, 2014, 03:16:53 pm by Copps is Magic »
This league is hard to predict. The first time we got out of it I thought we had a very good team but only managed to do it through the play-offs. Last time was a worse team but we managed to win it.

I don't think we have a squad to challenge this time round and I'm still not sure Dickov knows what he is doing over a longer period of time. My expectation is mid-table but would be happy to be in and around the play-offs.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 29, 2014, 04:15:18 pm by Colin C No.3 »
This league is hard to predict. The first time we got out of it I thought we had a very good team but only managed to do it through the play-offs. Last time was a worse team but we managed to win it.

I don't think we have a squad to challenge this time round and I'm still not sure Dickov knows what he is doing over a longer period of time. My expectation is mid-table but would be happy to be in and around the play-offs.
You took the words out of my mouth.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 29, 2014, 04:43:57 pm by Retdon1 »
Sheff u, Bristol City, Preston, Peterbrough, dingles are the only teams who I would be worried about. I think with the squad we've got plus 5 or 6 others that we are going to add theirs no reason we carnt finish top 6 apart from the teams I've mentioned like last time theirs not many quality teams to worrie about. Having jones back is big boost for us if we manage to keep Quinn, having them 2 as starting center halfs would be massive for us.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 29, 2014, 05:07:08 pm by keith79 »
champions :-P

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 29, 2014, 05:10:53 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Sheff u, Bristol City, Preston, Peterbrough, dingles are the only teams who I would be worried about. I think with the squad we've got plus 5 or 6 others that we are going to add theirs no reason we carnt finish top 6 apart from the teams I've mentioned like last time theirs not many quality teams to worrie about. Having jones back is big boost for us if we manage to keep Quinn, having them 2 as starting center halfs would be massive for us.

I think we should Leyton Orient to the list of strong teams this year. Also at least one of the promoted sides usually does well

Midtable at best for me, unless we strengthen more than looks likely at the moment. Of course we might also strengthen in January.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 29, 2014, 05:18:10 pm by GazLaz »
We will struggle with the current squad. Forrester, Coppinger and possibly Keegs if he signs are the shining lights. Any injuries and we will be in turmoil. I could argue with you that PDs Oldham squad was better than this lot.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 29, 2014, 05:19:23 pm by Dare to dream! »
One thing's for sure the league this time around is a lot stronger/competitive

TinyPortal © 2005-2012