Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:35:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Hayter  (Read 2589 times)

Chrisd_123

James Hayter
« on September 17, 2010, 10:26:49 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Is it just me who thinks we're missing this guy more than we thought we would? He is the link between Sharp and the midfield i reckon is missing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re:James Hayter
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2010, 10:32:03 pm by RoversAlias »
I completely agree. The sooner this man returns from injury the better.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #2 on September 17, 2010, 10:34:39 pm by Chrisd_123 »
He offers a hell of a lot. He does Sharps dirty work and gets goals himself too. I dont think it's a coinicidence that Sharp looked at his best at Preston then since that day he's been off the pace.

Yorkshire Lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2010, 10:36:53 pm by Yorkshire Lad »
Sharp must be desperate for Hayter to return, without Hayter I very much doubt Sharp will get the number of goals he anticipated to get this season.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2010, 10:41:41 pm by 5minstogo »
Definately. Billy is so isolated, not as much tonight with Shiels and Copps supporting.

Hayter should be back in training next week so hopefully back on the bench next weekend?

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 18, 2010, 09:48:42 am by RoversDave »
5minstogo wrote:
Definately. Billy is so isolated, not as much tonight with Shiels and Copps supporting.

Hayter should be back in training next week so hopefully back on the bench next weekend?

I asked James if he was fit as he went up to the the Sky TV crew, he said \"next week\", let's hope so.

JR also said he was meeting a certain Manager from the North East after the match, so let's hope that comes to fruition as well.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 18, 2010, 10:03:05 am by Savvy »
Getting Hayter back to full fitness must be a priority, as Chris says he's a big miss.

Anyone know what the score is with Stevie Brooker?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 18, 2010, 10:31:09 am by Filo »
RoversDave wrote:
5minstogo wrote:

I asked James if he was fit as he went up to the the Sky TV crew, he said \"next week\", let's hope so.

JR also said he was meeting a certain Manager from the North East after the match, so let's hope that comes to fruition as well.

Steve Bruce was at the match

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 18, 2010, 10:46:42 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Think fairhurst needs to start next game - if stock and him had started we would have killed em

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 18, 2010, 12:32:10 pm by ljm-drfc »
Steve Bruce was at the match[/quote]

JR maybe talking about Healy with him?? Or he could of just been watching his son.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 18, 2010, 03:06:29 pm by CusworthRovers »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Think fairhurst needs to start next game - if stock and him had started we would have killed em

I thought WF looked sluggish and heavy legged on a couple of runs he made. Understandable, as he's got no match fitness. How do we get round that?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 18, 2010, 03:09:30 pm by hoolahoop »
Obvious send him out on loan again or preferably play him.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 18, 2010, 03:34:10 pm by CusworthRovers »
Playing him may sacrifice a midfielder, and is he that good?

Sending him out on loan is good for sharpness, but not atune to CCC football, unless he plays for a decent L1 club, so who knows?

It might be a batch of 10-15 minute appearances, like last night, might bring him up, who knows.

He started a few last season with Billy...Scunny? and it seemed to work. I am sure Sean will have a system up his sleeve to suit WF and BS together. However, I think it's Hayts that will come back shortly and spur on Billy in terms of support and goals.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012