Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:12:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Your tip for the Championship  (Read 2577 times)

grayx

• Forum Member
Your tip for the Championship
« on November 06, 2010, 09:14:07 pm by grayx »
Obviously we all hope Rovers are challenging, but apart from Q.P.R & Cardiff who else do you think will be up there?.

I see Derby as the dark horses.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Re:Your tip for the Championship
« Reply #1 on November 06, 2010, 09:17:47 pm by Viking Don »
Ipswich.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 06, 2010, 09:18:00 pm by washyrover »
grayx wrote:
Obviously we all hope Rovers are challenging, but apart from Q.P.R & Cardiff who else do you think will be up there?.

I see Derby as the dark horses.
Sorry but more like panto horses

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 06, 2010, 10:20:45 pm by BRMC_rover »
Really pi$$es me off when this thing times you out after writing a lengthy post....here goes again.......

Tip for me not that anyone will compete right up to the wire with the current top clubs you already stated would be Norwich and oursleves.

Norwich City had 24,000 at their game today. A good foundation to push on and make additions in January if they are still right in the mix. To say they have just come up they are showing clearly that the usual target of consolidating their place in this league is not their goal. Unless of course, that was the goal but they have quietly discovered they have the tools to be alot more than that. They have what I believe to be the key ingredient for promotion (Blackpools loan star strikers last season) which is two strikers who can consistently get them goals as a front pairing in Chris Martin and Grant Holt, whilst the 3rd Simeon Jackson only consolidates this by adding competition whilst getting goals as well.

They also have two very good midfielders who chip in with goals if the strikers dont find them, in Wes Hoolahan and Andrew Crofts. As soon as they realise they have no reason to be naive they should push on past Derby and Swansea who are doing great but only seem to have Scott Sinclair and Darren Pratley as their goal source. Any injuries or dip in form with these and they'l quickly lose their momentum.

Our team have been pretty good all season, we'v dropped points by not having a settled back four. Even if the 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice centre backs that have stepped did well in one gme, they will always be under a bit of pressure when called upon, knowing that they are not the first choice at the club. Constantly having to switch fringe players (especially defenders) to find stability hasnt helped but nothing more could have been done. We were down to the bare boes at points in the last two months. What gives me encouragement is the best back four on paper that we have look solid, just needs a few games to fine tune them once all fit. The depth of the squad in terms of quality has also increased with Dumbuya and Mills especially showing that they can add to the team rather than making up the numbers. On top of that, Healy coming in is massive for us. gives us potency up front and who knows, if its viable and we can keep him here beyond the original loan period, Healy and Sharp as a strike pairing on any team sheet in the championship should taken seriously as a club that will be in the mix above that dotted line, top half of the table come May.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 06, 2010, 10:56:50 pm by grayx »

Really, your tip being?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 06, 2010, 11:13:36 pm by RobTheRover »
I've no idea, its so wide open with everyone outside the top 2 beating everyone else.

It will all boil down to whoever can string a run together.  If we had shut up shop at 3-1 last weekend we would have been 4th tonight, yet we find ourselves in 11th place.  Its tighter than a gnat's chuff.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 06, 2010, 11:25:01 pm by Barmby Rover »
I have been winding up my Leeds supporting friends with the threat of the JR vision for the end of the season happening twice over. Rovers v Leeds at Wembley again? Why not.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 06, 2010, 11:26:41 pm by rtid88 »
Don't think my poor heart cud take that again!!!

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 07, 2010, 12:40:19 pm by washyrover »
grayx wrote:

Really, your tip being?
A little team from south yorkshire?

Chrisd_123

« Reply #9 on November 07, 2010, 01:01:01 pm by Chrisd_123 »
washyrover wrote:
grayx wrote:

Really, your tip being?
A little team from south yorkshire?

I disagree there mate. Can't see Sheff United staying up, nevermind going up ;)

VikingJames

« Reply #10 on November 07, 2010, 03:19:55 pm by VikingJames »
Can't really judge on one game, but if Swansea continue to play like they did today, then they could be in for a very good season. They were excellent against Cardiff and deserved to win.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 07, 2010, 04:11:53 pm by hoolahoop »
VikingJames wrote:
Can't really judge on one game, but if Swansea continue to play like they did today, then they could be in for a very good season. They were excellent against Cardiff and deserved to win.

True they did play well but Cardiff allowed them to. I see us, Leeds and Norwich being main players. The fact that we have got our away games against the top 2 out of the way will be helpful later, providing they remain consistent and take points of our challengers.

Our progress is reliant on maintaining a defence that is comfortable with their shape and mix. From what I've seen so far this season our problems in front of goal have eased immesurably.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 07, 2010, 07:44:50 pm by donnievic »
i think if reading get sum decent defenders into play with mills who arnt in there mid 30s or are quicker than the ones they have got then i can see them being up there.swansea leicester and norwich could be the others in the mix,1st 2 look to be keeping it tight at the back and norwich look a decent side going forward like ourselves but always maybe look like conceding

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 07, 2010, 09:55:23 pm by andysly »
I think you could put these 10 names in a hat and they'd all be just as likely. In no particular order:
Portsmouth
Reading
Burnley
Derby
Norwich
Ipswich
Swansea
Derby
Forest
Rovers

Dismissing Coventry, Watford & Leeds but who's to say they couldn't manage it.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 07, 2010, 11:35:55 pm by Drover »
BRMC_rover wrote:
Really pi$$es me off when this thing times you out after writing a lengthy post....here goes again.......quote]

I know what you mean,it did me a few times  :( ,but I eventually learnt that if you write a long post,highlight it then right click and copy it before posting it,then if it has timed out just paste it again when you log back in.Only problem there then is to remember to copy to paste in the first place if its a longish post.   :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012