Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:55:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nobody gave two hoots  (Read 2582 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Nobody gave two hoots
« on October 21, 2011, 07:00:00 pm by Sprotyrover »
When mark Weaver let his fat neighbour play in goal for us, now just because we are signing up displaced Galacticos and Prem standard players from france, peeps are concerned for the future of football!! bunch of hypocrites if you ask me!!!B)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pintolager

• Forum Member
Re: Nobody gave two hoots
« Reply #1 on October 21, 2011, 07:15:47 pm by Pintolager »
It's not as if we're going to be paying wages of £20,000+ either. Those people who think that the financial stability of the club will be rocked are deluded - JR wouldn't let that happen.

This venture is a risk, but not as big a risk as some believe!

stockholmrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 21, 2011, 07:39:00 pm by stockholmrover »
Quote from: \"Sprotyrover\" post=193125
When mark Weaver let his fat neighbour play in goal for us, now just because we are signing up displaced Galacticos and Prem standard players from france, peeps are concerned for the future of football!! bunch of hypocrites if you ask me!!!B)

Hold the phone.... a lot of people gave more than two hoots. do you all have some kind of memory lapse. we knew we were the laughing stock back then and here we go again.

I am not concerned about the financial risk as we know there isn't one. We either go down swinging or we go down without a wimper but if we carried on as we were it was going to be the latter. Players like Sharp, Stock, copps would have left next year if we were relegated and we would have to cut our cloth accordingly anyway

My disgust is aimed at the actually team itself. We will have no consistency as all good players will be sold and every transfer window our entire 1st eleven is up for sale. We are never going to see a home grown kid like Baxendale burst through the ranks as the next 35 yrd old mercenary looking for his last pay day will be blocking his path

I will support the boys as much as anyone and I will want us to do well but if all this is simply to get to the premier league you can shove it where the sun doesn't shine.....

Give me home grown players who want to play for the shirt.

I can't see Diarra with RTID on his short and meaning it, can you?

soul---sold to the agent over there >>>>>>>>>>

redmist

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 21, 2011, 07:43:23 pm by redmist »
After a few weeks of worry Im beginning to get my head round it now............viva la revolution!

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 21, 2011, 08:16:59 pm by ArmthorpeRover »
Quote from: \"stockholmrover\" post=193138

And all our current players do of course? Sharp for one won't being a Blade......

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #5 on October 21, 2011, 08:26:50 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Scunthorpe with half our crowds got relegated by only 6 points.under sod we wereon courseto be relegated by xmas. Its noticable its  league 1 sheffield mostout raged by this. Its not as if we will be left in debt  either. At least we may get our £27 worth.

stockholmrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 21, 2011, 08:27:08 pm by stockholmrover »
Quote from: \"ArmthorpeRover\" post=193148

And all our current players do of course? Sharp for one won't being a Blade......

Point being that the current crop want to be here and will fight for the cause. the new breed won't as they have never heard of Donny until their agent rings them

Don't have to be a fan to play for us but you have to fookin care!!!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 21, 2011, 08:38:50 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"stockholmrover\" post=193152

Point being that the current crop want to be here and will fight for the cause. the new breed won't as they have never heard of Donny until their agent rings them

You didnt see the Leeds game then?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 21, 2011, 08:59:08 pm by Sprotyrover »
Quote from: \"wilts rover\" post=193155
Quote from: \"stockholmrover\" post=193152

You didnt see the Leeds game then?

Good point the only peeps who gave a dam that night were sitting in the West,East and South Stand.:rtid:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 21, 2011, 09:18:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Do we even have any Rovers fans in our squad? Hird? Brown?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 21, 2011, 11:57:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Very to the point and brillant ......I love that team but above all I cant believe the reaction cos we might actually be good for once!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 22, 2011, 12:05:22 am by Chris Black come back »

Eh? Not condoning this, but Smith (the fat neighbour) got spat on by a Rovers supporter before he even got on he pitch! Lots of people gave a lot more than two hoots!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2011, 10:10:45 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Well, the powers that be didn't give a shit when Cardiff loaned a Premiership player they clearly couldn't afford to pay in Bellamy. Why can't we do the same whilst keeping the wages down?

As for 'RTID', pffft, I've respect for a player that is honest enough to say we're just a shop window for him than someone who bullshits us with what he thinks we want to hear. I remember Colin Cramb saying exactly the same thing and I respected him for being honest with us.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 22, 2011, 11:53:34 am by RoversAlias »
The 'powers that be' didn't care about Bellamy signing for Cardiff, no. But a lot of football fans certainly did!

StockholmRovers makes a great point on caring about playing for this club and you are naive if you think that there isn't a difference in the level a player cares about DRFC between somebody like Diarra or Chimbonda coming here for 3 months to try and find a better club and somebody like Billy Sharp signing a 2-3 year deal to play for this club and try and get us up the leagues. At the end of the day (and it has already been admitted) the likes of Chimbonda and Ilunga have come here to put our shirts on in the hopes of securing themselves moves to bigger clubs. Neither of those two or any of these short-term fixes will give a flying monkeys where we finish at the end of the season. If we finish a distant 24th, but Ilunga moves to Galatasary for £3 million, Ilunga is as happy as can be and we are sat in League One.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 22, 2011, 04:00:03 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=193283
The 'powers that be' didn't care about Bellamy signing for Cardiff, no. But a lot of football fans certainly did!

StockholmRovers makes a great point on caring about playing for this club and you are naive if you think that there isn't a difference in the level a player cares about DRFC between somebody like Diarra or Chimbonda coming here for 3 months to try and find a better club and somebody like Billy Sharp signing a 2-3 year deal to play for this club and try and get us up the leagues. At the end of the day (and it has already been admitted) the likes of Chimbonda and Ilunga have come here to put our shirts on in the hopes of securing themselves moves to bigger clubs. Neither of those two or any of these short-term fixes will give a flying monkeys where we finish at the end of the season. If we finish a distant 24th, but Ilunga moves to Galatasary for £3 million, Ilunga is as happy as can be and we are sat in League One.

Get real man. The only people who care about this club are the fans. Footballers play football for a living and will play for any club that is prepared to pay them.
Matt Mills really cared about rovers, Ritchie Wellens really cared about rovers I could go on and on.
They will kiss the badge for one club one week and as soon as they move on they are kissing a new badge.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 22, 2011, 04:09:15 pm by RoversAlias »
I don't think you're seeing what I'm saying Wellred. There's a big difference between going to bed with the shirt under your pillow and playing on the pitch with true desire for the club you're playing for. I'm not saying Mills, Wellens etc. loved all things Rovers but when they were here I don't think their first thought was \"ooh I could earn a big money move from a good game today\". For me, the likes of Chimbonda are going out onto the pitch with that exact thought in mind. That's how it's coming across to me anyway.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 22, 2011, 04:14:50 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
This Club has jumped into bed with one of the most corrupt untrustworthy agents in the game......you reap what you sow long term.

What happens when non of these so called 'star players' get the move they are looking for?

Because at the present time, I cant see any Club wanting to touch any we have brought in so far with a bargepole.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 22, 2011, 04:32:17 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=193384
I don't think you're seeing what I'm saying Wellred. There's a big difference between going to bed with the shirt under your pillow and playing on the pitch with true desire for the club you're playing for. I'm not saying Mills, Wellens etc. loved all things Rovers but when they were here I don't think their first thought was \"ooh I could earn a big money move from a good game today\". For me, the likes of Chimbonda are going out onto the pitch with that exact thought in mind. That's how it's coming across to me anyway.

I don't give a damn what hey think as long as they play well when they pull a rovers shirt on.
At Blackpool Chimbonda and Ilunga were probably our best 2 players.
I don't know about today as I wasn't there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012