Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:33:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Player  (Read 2588 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Rovers Player
« on December 05, 2011, 09:04:51 am by Dagenham Rover »
Yet again the highlights are a total waste of time.
 I suppose it shows most of the goal attempts

Theres a 2 page thread on here about a stiched on penalty appeal,
 we better get it deleted because obviously didn't happen according to Player.

Last time we all started moaning we got an improvement for a while including a couple of full games, well its soon slipped back to being garbage

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr Brightside

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers Player
« Reply #1 on December 05, 2011, 12:32:22 pm by Mr Brightside »
Last time we all started moaning we got an improvement for a while including a couple of full games, well its soon slipped back to being garbage

The reason I signed up was for the full games which was advertised for every game for the rest of the (2010/11)season. This turned out not to be the case as you say DR just a couple of games, and they were not available 'till 3 or 4 days later.

The live commentry is the only reason to subscribe as the highlights are minimal and the interviews always seem to be the same ones you hear on Radio Sheffield anyway.

When my subscription runs out that'll be it for me I'm afraid.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 05, 2011, 01:27:06 pm by Filo »
The quality of the interviews are shit, sometimes inaudible, lots of crackling, sometimes in stereo and sometimes in mono, it`s obvious the footage is not checked prior to posting on Rovers Player, a total amateur effort! :thumbdown:

Florida Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 05, 2011, 02:16:35 pm by Florida Rover »
From this side of the Pond we rely on a professional approach to the coverage and Player is so poor in content and presentation that it is hard to believe it is run by anyone of a reasonable standard of production.

I have stopped my contribution as I am as well without it.

donnyguy61

« Reply #4 on December 05, 2011, 03:58:39 pm by donnyguy61 »
Almost 13 minutes of highlights on the southampton player,including the penalty incident :clapping:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 05, 2011, 04:09:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yeah just watched that and well, it wasn't offside they suggest.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 05, 2011, 04:10:34 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"donnyguy61\" post=203638
Almost 13 minutes of highlights on the southampton player,including
the penalty incident :clapping:

Sums it up really I'll be heading there soon!

C'mon Rovers GET IT SORTED once and for all, 3 minutes of every game is NOT good enough

I appreciate not all the 40 quid ends up in Rovers coffers but a percentage does!

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers Player - DESPAIR
« Reply #7 on December 05, 2011, 04:19:06 pm by Wokingviking »
I subscribe and I'm glad this topic has been raised.

What doesn't make sense is the club charging for what they should really see as marketing (we're not Man Utd who don't need to build support and who quite reasonably see such things as revenue generators).  As far as I can see, Dean Saunders works hard giving time and real effort over to the interviews, the players are pulled in too, and yet the viewing figures are probably in the hundreds.  Make it free and available (at least the interviews as I suspect the match clips have copyright issues) - PERSONALLY I THINK SAUNDERS HAS A BRILLIANT, REALLY GENUINE AND UPBEAT STYLE AT TALKING TO THE MEDIA, LET'S CAPITALISE ON THAT! (and not waste his bleeding time with a tiny audience)

PUT THE INTERVIEWS ON YOUTUBE EVEN, TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO EXPOSE THE CLUB!

Come on, does no-one at the club ever think?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 05, 2011, 04:22:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I see all but Brighton have extended highlights of many if not not all games.

From going through what other clubs have here's my ideas for ours:
[ul]
 [li]Minimum of extended highlights of EVERY game.[/li]
  [li]Some full games, if not all.[/li]
  [li]Action from youth and reserve/behind closed doors games, and interviews around this.[/li]
  [li]Extended highlights of Belles games, plus interviews.[/li]
  [li]Fun features with players - see below.[/li]
  [li]Weekly yesteryear features and matches - extended highlights or full games.[/li]
  [li]Some action from the training ground.[/li]
[/ul]

Can the VSC get onto this?

Having gone back through this seasons league opponents, here's a summary of whats on their sites. Bold is with accessable extended highlights of our games with them, or the full 90 mins with links in red B)

Saints - as in OP

Barnsley - if you can bare it. 17mins

Ipswich - 9 mins of our game. Very good site, also has lots of matches from yesteryear.

Boro - can't access.

Coventry - 11 mins in the extended highlights section.

Portsmouth - can't access.

Blackpool - probably do, but can't find it.

Leeds - have 13m and full 90m - though can't access it.

Peterboro - have most of the full games, but only basic highlights of ours!

Hull - Have the full 90mins of our game. First half. Second half. Have lots of full games, plus have some reserve, youth, and behind closed doors highlights and some past games, and fun game like interviews - the best of all I saw.

Palace - some full games, lots of extended highlights, youth games, players day at the races, academy features - very good. Though only basic highlights of our game.

Reading - Full 90 mins of our game. First half. Second half. Mainly has full games on there, plus some youth and other highlights.

Cardiff - 16 mins extended highlights of our game. Most games full 90 mins as well as extended highlight versions, which is useful. Some development squad, acedemy, womens and futsal game highlights.

Bristol - 10 mins of our game. Extended highlights of every game.

Derby - Full 90 mins of every game including ours. First half. Second half. Plus yesteryear games and features.

West Ham - can't access.

Brighton - pretty much same as ours as far as can see, can't go back through seasons archive.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 05, 2011, 04:25:20 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"Wokingviking\" post=203644
I subscribe and I'm glad this topic has been raised.

What doesn't make sense is the club charging for what they should really see as marketing (we're not Man Utd who don't need to build support and quite reasonably see such things as revenue generators).  As far as I can see, Dean Saunders works hard giving time and real effort over to the interviews, the players are pulled in too, and yet the viewing figures are probably in the hundreds.  Make it free and available (at least the interviews as I suspect the match clips have copyright issues) - PERSONALLY I THINK SAUNDERS HAS A BRILLIANT, REALLY GENUINE AND UPBEAT STYLE AT TALKING TO THE MEDIA, LET'S CAPITALISE ON THAT!

PUT THE INTERVIEWS ON YOUTUBE EVEN, BUT JUST SELL THE CLUB!

Does no-one at the club ever think?

This was raised with Reading the other season as they showed the whole game and there was no problem in fact we put a couple of full games up allbeit with no commentry, plus if there was any copyright issue how come Southampton show 13 minutes and Rovers 3 minutes.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 05, 2011, 04:36:15 pm by Superspy »
Southampton also showed 3 minutes in their normal highlights, but then they posted the extended highlights which is the ones we're on about. I've just watched them and thought they were really good. I liked the fact that they put the radio commentary over the top, and to be fair to the commentators, they sounded like football fans rather than saints fans if that makes sense.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 05, 2011, 06:16:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Agree re the commentators on the extended highlights, I enjoyed that.

A positive for Rovers Player :thumbsup: just seen the \"Southampton Review\" which is unique amongst all the other clubs sites I've seen. I liked the pitch level camera shots, scenes of home and away fans, and Saunders and the bench. The commentary on this could be more imaginative. There's lots more to do on Player as mentioned in my previous post, but meanwhile well done on this effort :scarf:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 05, 2011, 06:37:24 pm by PDX_Rover »
For exiles like me, Rovers Player is the only way I can get to see Rovers play, unless they are on telly, which is rarely.  I'd love to see full games, more extended highlights etc.  The technology is there..... I also like the Southampton Review - nice idea.

Jack

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 05, 2011, 07:09:55 pm by Jack »
I pay for it and to be honest I'm not too sure why. I have a season ticket and do attend some of the away games. I don't really use the Rovers Player services to be fair although i do tune into commentary when i can't get to the game.

Have to say the standard is very poor ranging from crackling,noisy background,blurry/laggy videos and completely uneducated commentary.

Could be a hell of a lot better and I'm just glad that I don't constantly rely on the site for info and coverage as much as some do or I'd be very angry.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 05, 2011, 08:20:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=203645
I see all but Brighton have extended highlights of many if not not all games.

From going through what other clubs have here's my ideas for ours:
[ul]
 [li]Minimum of extended highlights of EVERY game.[/li][/b]
  [li]Some full games, if not all.[/li]
  [li]Action from youth and reserve/behind closed doors games, and interviews around this.[/li]
  [li]Extended highlights of Belles games, plus interviews.[/li]
  [li]Fun features with players - see below.[/li]
  [li]Weekly yesteryear features and matches - extended highlights or full games.[/li]
  [li]Some action from the training ground.[/li]
[/ul]

Can the VSC get onto this?

Having gone back through this seasons league opponents, here's a summary of whats on their sites. Bold is with accessable extended highlights of our games with them, or the full 90 mins with links in red B)

Saints - as in OP

Barnsley - if you can bare it. 17mins

Ipswich - 9 mins of our game. Very good site, also has lots of matches from yesteryear.

Boro - can't access.

Coventry - 11 mins in the extended highlights section.

Portsmouth - can't access.

Blackpool - probably do, but can't find it.

Leeds - have 13m and full 90m - though can't access it.

Peterboro - have most of the full games, but only basic highlights of ours!

Hull - Have the full 90mins of our game. First half. Second half. Have lots of full games, plus have some reserve, youth, and behind closed doors highlights and some past games, and fun game like interviews - the best of all I saw.

Palace - some full games, lots of extended highleghts, youth games, players day at the races, academy features - very good. Though only basic highlights of our game.

Reading - Full 90 mins of our game. First half. Second half. Mainly has full games on there, plus some youth and other highlights.

Cardiff - 16 mins extended highlights of our game. Most games full 90 mins, plus extended highlight versions which is useful. Some development squad, acedemy, womens and futsal game highlights.

Bristol - 10 mins of our game. Extended highlights of every game.

Derby - Full 90 mins of every game including ours. First half. Second half. Plus yesteryear games and features.

West Ham - can't access.

Brighton - pretty much same as ours as far as can see, can't go back through seasons archive.

Some really excellent ideas in there and it should be the standards we should be getting,

I seem to remember the  premiership clubs don't need use use premium or whatever they are called so that would explain why West Hams, Boros sites can't be accessed t

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 07, 2011, 07:48:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Appologies if this already been posted:

There's a survey for the clubs at http://www.sportswise.info/surveys/fli/fli.htm which is about satisfaction with Rovers Player - worth filling in I think given peoples dissatisfaction overall. I've mailed the clubs media department with some feedback and ideas anyway, but the survey may well be the best way of getting some change.

iPad2 to be won for completing the survey.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 07, 2011, 08:43:57 pm by Standanista »
Done.

I'm based overseas like a good few on here so signed up for RP when it was launched, and this is the first time I've let my subscription lapse.  Reason: other than providing access to an audio commentary of varying quality, it's crap.  If they post timely extended highlights or better skill, full games on there, I'll resubscribe.  Unfortunately, at the minute, you only need to compare it with other Championship clubs' equivalent sites to see that it's another example of Rovers' lack of professionalism on the commercial side.  Dave Morris: pull your finger out or give the job to someone who can.

Anyway, herewith endeth my feedback.  I live in hope.

MartinB

« Reply #17 on December 08, 2011, 12:16:03 am by MartinB »
Me too. Signed on for a years subscription...will not be renewing.:byebye

TinyPortal © 2005-2012