Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:42:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: LOAN SIGNINGS  (Read 2579 times)

acko

• Forum Member
LOAN SIGNINGS
« on March 09, 2016, 07:38:34 am by acko »
Are loan signings really the answer,do they really care if the club is relegated or promoted if it comes to that,end of their time they will go back and probably wont give the Rovers a thought.Now if loan signings were made with a view of a permanent contract then it might be different,but who out of the Rovers crop fits that mould only Stewart maybe.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: LOAN SIGNINGS
« Reply #1 on March 09, 2016, 08:00:29 am by Padge_DRFC »
The loan signings we have brought in off late are poor. The lad from Villa looks bad and Gooch doesn't nothing for me he's too lightweight.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 09, 2016, 08:03:51 am by Donnywolf »
Are loan signings really the answer,do they really care if the club is relegated or promoted if it comes to that,end of their time they will go back and probably wont give the Rovers a thought.Now if loan signings were made with a view of a permanent contract then it might be different,but who out of the Rovers crop fits that mould only Stewart maybe.

I see your concerns and have felt the same for ages. I fear though that now the Genie is out of the bottle it (the loan system) will probably be around for ever bar for a tweaking or two.

I too feel that Players on loan (or the vast majority of them anyway) equate to Agency Workers and when I was working I once "loaned" 51 in one day from the Agency we used and they knew that tomorrow they could be gone - OR if they were really helpful useful and lets say productive they would continue working for us until we decided we no longer needed them. They had short term loyalty only -  knew that no chance for permanent employment would be forthcoming EXCEPT due to a freak set of circumstances.

I think the current Loan System is a bit like that and as such you are right  ... their loyalty to their Loan Club is transient for many reasons - and results in them perhaps not caring one way or the other. If their Loan Club gets relegated (lets say) they are not too bothered because the Parent Club especially one that is loaning a Player out to develop him simply loan him elsewhere. There are some exceptions of course as in those being loaned to "find a new Club" may bust a gut to impress - but the vast majority are simply going through the motions of "the system"

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 09, 2016, 08:14:18 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
But hang on. Can you say we're getting 100% from our contracted players?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 09, 2016, 08:27:25 am by rtid88 »
Bristol City went up last season with half a squad of loanees, Barnsley have been on a fantastic run with half a team of loanees, I don't think getting players in on loan is an issue, bringing the right ones in for the right positions is the issue and Fergie other than Grant has brought utter shite in for the wrong position's! Why Gooch is playing up front on his own when he is a midfielder I think only Fergie knows!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 09, 2016, 08:30:00 am by Donnywolf »
But hang on. Can you say we're getting 100% from our contracted players?

NO ! They seem to be going through the motions too and / or if they have any ability are not showing it (or it is not being "wrung" out of them) in what is a bang average Division !

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 09, 2016, 12:19:08 pm by ctay »
I think thats abit harsh on Calder. I thought he did well against Shrewsbury, ok poor last night. Gooch was the best player last Saturday and the only one that tried to have a run at Scunny last night. I am not sure anyone came out of last night with any credit.

We will find it difficult now to bring any quality loan signings in, would possibly have to look at the free transfer list but then you have the issue with fitness and wages etc.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 09, 2016, 12:39:43 pm by RedArmy »
Hume just an example of someone who really cared. Only a loanee

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 09, 2016, 12:41:38 pm by Retdon1 »
We need a centre mid and another striker who offers something different to what we currently have.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 09, 2016, 12:44:49 pm by colfromdonny »
Hume had a fantastic attitude but really only the attitude that every player should have if they have the privilege of playing football and being well paid that most of us on here can only  dream of . Busting a gut twice a week for 90 minutes should be the norm.

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 09, 2016, 12:45:02 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
We need to be bringing in experienced loan players, surely there are some experienced pros not getting regular football in the championship. An experienced centre half and creative midfielder is what's needed.
The young lads we've brought in have had no experience of the type of fight we now have on our hands.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 09, 2016, 12:59:43 pm by drfc1951 »
There maybe experienced players in the champuionship, but would their clubs let them come on loan to league one clubs.I cant think of any that are on loan anywhere.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 09, 2016, 02:02:15 pm by acko »
Warnock just gone to wigan.drfc

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 09, 2016, 02:28:04 pm by drfc1951 »
Warnock still playing at his age theres hope for us all yet,bet Rotherham fans are miffed.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 09, 2016, 02:34:50 pm by acko »
wrong Warnock drfc,but maybe rotherhams Warnock could still play better than majority of the rovers team

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 09, 2016, 03:11:01 pm by the vicar »
it is no good gringig kids in to the situation we are in as they dont know how to handle it

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 09, 2016, 08:43:02 pm by Lesonthewest »
Experienced centre half required PLEASE, out of the remaining games we need to stop conceding first & foremost, might not be pretty but if we start keeping clean sheets then I'm sure we can nick a win or 2 along the away.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 10, 2016, 09:16:45 am by Donnywolf »
Yes .... oh for a Shackell alike / Greer alike / Elliott Ward alike right now ! Partnered by someone with the attributes of Mark Albrighton !

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 10, 2016, 12:12:16 pm by boro_rover »
What we need at the minute is experienced leaders. People who can control a game and will boss the younger heads about a bit. Football in my opinion is 50% skill and 50% belief. We have seen it so many times before. You only have to look at the likes of Yeovil when we last won league one. Predicted relegation and with a team that wasn't special at all. Once there is a belief and confidence about a team, they push harder, heads stay up if they go down and players will still try things with the ball. A team shot with confidence won't do that. Defenders will hoof it as far away as possible to stop an opponent scoring. They all remember each other's mistakes and are reluctant to pass. Midfielders don't want to risk losing the ball so won't try things and are afraid of imposing themselves in the game. And strikers don't think il score here or make the right frscisions in attacking positions because they snatch at chances.

It is looking that way for us st the minute, I don't see how we are going to score and what we can do to turn it around. We need strength through the team and at this stage of the season any club with anything to play for won't want to send their players elsewhere.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 11, 2016, 12:30:21 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It is hard to be brave on the ball when you are struggling. You tend to release the ball either too quick, or hold onto it too long because you want an extra touch.
We had a period where things were firing a bit, confidence was pretty high, pretty much everything the players did was coming off!.
 Then we picked up a run of injuries to players who are key to us doing well.
This led to changes being made, the whole chemistry of the team was knocked off course, and players who hadn't been starting were lacking a bit of sharpness, which led to us losing games.

Also the manager let two very experienced leave, and replaced them with first year professionals, because they were not in his plans.
 So all of a sudden some players need to step upto be the leaders, and some have struggled with it.
 Some of those who went were no doubt massive influences on the make up of the dressing room, Forrester was also let go, Main on loan and McKenzie another experienced player loaned out.
 The manager has maybe let too many go too so with experience, especially when you consider that experience hasn't been topped up.

After this players started coming back from, and it has taken a fair few weeks to regain the sharpness needed to win games, and what's happened over the weeks the energy and confidence has been sapped week by week with every defeat.
What needs to happen is that they now have a ten game season(sorry 11 game season), the manager needs to target points targets by certain games, forget what's gone, and just work hard to meet the targets set.
 Each player just needs to relax and look to try and get the rhythm of their own game going, and help the guy at the side of you, simple balls to feet and just be competent until the confidence comes back.

When the goal is in sight, hit the target, whether it goes in or not, work harder than the team you face, but conserve enough energy to be able to do your job.
 Don't go rushing mad headed to prove you are trying, use the intelligence to know when you can win it. Make the other team have to work very hard even to get a shot on goal.
It doesn't matter if it's easy on the eye, work for each other and opportunities will come.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:33:36 am by Sammy Chung was King »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 11, 2016, 07:35:10 am by dickos1 »
Be very surprised if there's any experienced players available who are match fit
No good getting someone who needs 3 weeks to get fit

TinyPortal © 2005-2012