Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:56:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: loanees  (Read 2580 times)

Bezza

• Forum Member
loanees
« on February 14, 2018, 09:03:25 am by Bezza »
the last two seasons our use of loan players has been very poor, we seem to have had players other clubs want rid of, one exception is Houghton but he`s not pulling any trees up at the moment, other clubs in this league have some good loanees, but we are missing out.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: loanees
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2018, 09:07:23 am by GazLaz »
Mason and Whiteman were loanees prior to signing and people seemed to be happy with them signing permanently.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2018, 09:16:02 am by phil old leake »
Part of the issue for me is getting loanees and not using them.  I know he’s not been great but players like Kongola aren’t bad players.  You aren’t at Man City if you’re shit.  Why don’t these players get a decent run in the team. They can’t do any worse than we are now.  I’m surprised their parent clubs don’t recall them

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2018, 09:20:52 am by Campsall rover »
Part of the issue for me is getting loanees and not using them.  I know he’s not been great but players like Kongola aren’t bad players.  You aren’t at Man City if you’re shit.  Why don’t these players get a decent run in the team. They can’t do any worse than we are now.  I’m surprised their parent clubs don’t recall them
We’re you there last night?
Kongola was like a rabbit caught in the headlights yet again. He is not up to the demands of
League 1 football simple as I’m afraid.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2018, 09:23:25 am by acko »
Weve had over 30 loan players since this board took full conrol and very few have gone on to better things

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2018, 09:29:57 am by RedJ »
You aren’t at Man City if you’re shit. 

Reece Wabara.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2018, 09:31:22 am by DMnumber4 »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2018, 10:34:37 am by The Red Baron »
We’re you there last night?
Kongola was like a rabbit caught in the headlights yet again. He is not up to the demands of
League 1 football simple as I’m afraid.

Kongolo isn't ready for League One yet. I I'd been dealing with Man City I'd have told them that when his loan was up for renewal. I'd have said I'd be prepared to keep him, but he'd be spending a lot of time on the bench. Then it's up to them if they would rather have him in their U-23s.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2018, 11:31:44 am by Bezza »
Mason and Whiteman were loanees prior to signing and people seemed to be happy with them signing permanently.
both of them from clubs getting rid , neither of them are pulling any trees up.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2018, 12:17:28 pm by RedJ »

Reece Wabara.

James Horsfield

In fairness to the lad though he was a right midfielder having to play at right back, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2018, 12:52:15 pm by Campsall rover »

Reece Wabara.

James Horsfield

In fairness to the lad though he was a right midfielder having to play at right back, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.
Mason’s best position is right back no question in my mind. He may have originally been signed as a midfielder but in that position Conference North would be his level at best. A decent right back in a flat back 4  If he plays regularly in that position he will only get better. Same goes for Garrett at left back.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2018, 01:07:24 pm by ctay »
I would say Mason is a midfielder filling in at full back, but how many times has he actually played midfield now? We haven't had a right back now for ages, but he always seems to see other positions as a priority.

Not sure why he doesn't just stick with Garrett and let Rowe play midfield.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2018, 01:28:11 pm by IDM »
Play Kongolo in the correct position and I'll bet you'll see improved performances...

Oh wait..

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2018, 01:33:30 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Ive just been checking who is the father of the Rovers manager -some bloke called Alex Ferguson - on checking what he achieved ("allegedly" "whipped" Ryan giggs from "under Man city's noses "- ) and did quite well at a club called Manchester United - if the Dingles can sign loads of loanees from Man U why didn't Rovers ...... anyone for a bit of "nepotism"   strings pulled

Mccullough was pre fergie

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 14, 2018, 01:35:11 pm by 5minstogo »
Mason is the best right back we have. Alcock is gone, Blair is a winger .

Mason needs to be starting games without dicking about changing systems every other game.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 14, 2018, 01:38:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Reece Wabara.

James Horsfield

Mason’s best position is right back no question in my mind. He may have originally been signed as a midfielder but in that position Conference North would be his level at best. A decent right back in a flat back 4  If he plays regularly in that position he will only get better. Same goes for Garrett at left back.

Agree. We've seen him have shambles in midfield before. He's been most comfortable at right back and was quality in the run we had a month back.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 14, 2018, 02:03:17 pm by RoversAlias »

Really? That isn't an issue for me, Kongolo starts or comes on in most games and actually doesn't show enough to deserve to play so frequently. When do we leave loanees out? Last season Grant played every game despite being appalling, it seems the opposite is true to me.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 14, 2018, 03:11:11 pm by RedJ »

Reece Wabara.

James Horsfield

What are you on about? where in the posts quoted is Niall Mason mentioned?...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 14, 2018, 03:12:57 pm by The Red Baron »
Play Kongolo in the correct position and I'll bet you'll see improved performances...

Oh wait..

Your point being that he's a winger. Makes you wonder why Ferguson wanted him so much.

The only time he didn't look like a lost soul was when he got down the right wing in the first half. His cross wasn't great but at least he looked like he knew what he was doing. He got hooked shortly after overhitting another cross. He's probably forgotten how to do it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012