Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:18:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tom Anderson & Joe Wright  (Read 2592 times)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Tom Anderson & Joe Wright
« on September 19, 2020, 05:28:25 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Best pairing in the league. I don't even need to see the other cloggers for the other teams.

Minor slip from Joe at 1 point but, still, outstanding.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Tom Anderson & Joe Wright
« Reply #1 on September 19, 2020, 05:34:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
The thing is... they can both play as well. Good feet, poise. Double Beckenbauer.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 19, 2020, 05:36:17 pm by Paul Simpson »
Excellent CB’s . The whole team were superb today . Difficult to pick MOM ⚽️👍

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 19, 2020, 05:38:04 pm by Filo »
Excellent CB’s . The whole team were superb today . Difficult to pick MOM ⚽️👍

MoM for me is a toss up between Madger or John Jules, both never stopped running, special mention to Taylor Richards who did lots of work seemingly un noticed

Southboy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 19, 2020, 05:58:42 pm by Southboy »
That was a fantastic performance. Hard to decide on MotM and who you would replace. Am now officially over-excited for the season ahead. Sweet revenge as well....

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 19, 2020, 10:26:27 pm by godlike1 »
Fir those that couldn't see the game today whats the genuine vue. Did DM get the selection right? Loans over perm players? Is he thinking squad game long season everyone will get their chance? Will the injuries today affect us?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 19, 2020, 10:28:23 pm by adamtherover »
Fejiri must be seriously dissapointed to not get a berth..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 19, 2020, 10:53:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Fir those that couldn't see the game today whats the genuine vue. Did DM get the selection right? Loans over perm players? Is he thinking squad game long season everyone will get their chance? Will the injuries today affect us?

I really thought we'd got beyond this. The long term loans become part of your set up for the full season. It's not even a question of preferring loans over permanent but Darren Moore picking the best team available to him.

Don't tell me you or anyone cheers any less when a loan player scores or has a great game?

Every player not in the starting XI should be disappointed. That's what creates good competition for places. It's up to them to perform when they get the chances which they certainly will during this compacted season.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 19, 2020, 10:56:51 pm by Paul Simpson »
Thoroughly enjoyed the game! Thanks DRFC 👍⚽️

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 19, 2020, 11:46:00 pm by RoversAlias »

Is there really much of a difference between a player being on a one-year loan deal or a one-year permanent contract? John-Jules and Tulloch are set to be our player for exactly as long as Coppinger at the moment. That isn't aimed at you specifically Godlike, more an open question to all who like to talk about loan players and their worth to the squad.

Darren's selection as fully justified because we won 3-1 and the main point of contention was with the choice of striker. Well Darren's choice scored a fabulous goal to help us win the game. It is a shame for Okenabirhie but he will get his chance.

This season will test the fitness of all these players with a dozen or more midweek games meaning lots of weeks with two or three matches. Okenabirhie, Copps and many others not selected for these first two games will end up playing plenty, there are at least another 47 competitive fixtures in this campaign for Rovers yet.

Hopefully the injuries will not be severe. We have good options in both Tulloch and James' position but I do hope they are fit to play next week, especially James who I thought had a great game today.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 20, 2020, 05:00:02 am by godlike1 »
I understand the pint over the loans being 1 year therefore similar to copps lokilo etc but when brought in and played with little or no preseason with the rest of the team it is surprising. Good goals today but more about individual skill going by highlights. Not complaining as that was a tough game so early on. Could be the beginning of a promising season

WhitstabubbleKen

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 20, 2020, 09:47:35 am by WhitstabubbleKen »
The main difference between permanents and loans is that usually loans can be recalled to their club at any time I believe.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 20, 2020, 11:00:14 am by Janso »
The main difference between permanents and loans is that usually loans can be recalled to their club at any time I believe.
Nope. Only during transfer windows.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 20, 2020, 01:02:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Anyway, back at the ranch. Really hope Wright can have an uninterrupted season and realise the potential he's always had.

Tom is just Mr Consistency personified!

As a pair they're maintaining a very good understanding. In general play, forwards are not going to get much change out of them. Of course the both need to be confident of the keeper behind them and so far Bursik looks decent. Of course Dieng set an unfair high standard. Bursik didn't get his bearings right for Charltons goal yesterday so I hope he looks at that and learns.

Ideally you need your back 5 to be conceding less than a goal a game on average which is tough but I think our defence is capable of achieving it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 20, 2020, 01:21:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I don't think our loanees have been a problem over the last few seasons, it's one way of spreading the wealth from the top tier and raises standards all round. We're in the lucky position of having good competition for a few places and all those players will get their opportunity. Only game two and already Lokilo took his yesterday. It might be that he has to play more centrally to get more games as Moore's pet Tulloch comes back - not a bad thing.

I jest re the "pet" comment, I think DM is someone who would be great at man managing this situation.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 20, 2020, 05:20:40 pm by adamtherover »

This season will test the fitness of all these players with a dozen or more midweek games meaning lots of weeks with two or three matches.
Don't think we ever play 3 games in a week? 🤔

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 20, 2020, 06:11:29 pm by idler »
We used to play three games over four days years ago. That with smaller squads and no subs.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 20, 2020, 07:04:01 pm by adamtherover »
We used to play three games over four days years ago. That with smaller squads and no subs.
I'm referring to the upcoming schedule as the poster alluded to..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 20, 2020, 07:23:37 pm by RoversAlias »
We could play three games in a week if matches get moved about or postponed as usually happens, yes.

My entire point anyway was that we won't be playing the same XI every single week and will need to rotate for fitness purposes as well as form. That means Fejiri, Copps and others getting plenty of opportunities to play.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 20, 2020, 07:55:24 pm by idler »
I'm referring to the upcoming schedule as the poster alluded to..
I forgot the 😉

TinyPortal © 2005-2012