Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:39:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chester Wound Up - SSN  (Read 2595 times)

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
Chester Wound Up - SSN
« on March 10, 2010, 11:26:55 am by Guernsey Exile »
On breaking news now!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
Re:Chester Wound Up - SSN
« Reply #1 on March 10, 2010, 11:54:44 am by Guernsey Exile »
Cardiff given 55 days and Southend 35 days extra

Smeg

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 10, 2010, 12:53:39 pm by Smeg »
A sad day all round. People now don't give a f**k about lower league teams anymore. It's all about big business and S*y *ports. I wanted Chester to survive so we could beat them again and again but sadly we won't get the chance now.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 10, 2010, 02:10:27 pm by Superspy »
Smeg wrote:
A sad day all round. People now don't give a fcuk about lower league teams anymore. It's all about big business and S*y *ports. I wanted Chester to survive so we could beat them again and again but sadly we won't get the chance now.

exactly, chester get wound up over 20 odd grand yet cardiff and southend are given extensions....pity the small clubs :(

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 10, 2010, 03:03:52 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Speaking to a mate who's a Stockport fan; they fear they'll be playing AFC Real Chester next season in the North West Counties Division 6 too.

The Championship could be very interesting next year though as the possible could happen;

Cardiff -10
Palace -15 (if CVA exited improperly)
Pimpey -15 (if CVA exited improperly)

Then there's other clubs appearing to be struggling too (Hull, Watford)....

ptaylor-red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 10, 2010, 03:50:52 pm by ptaylor-red »
Very sad day for all chester city fans and southend and cardiff lucky to survive to. What annoys me about this is that bigger clubs can quite esily help these teams out. Look at Accrington Stanley for example. They were really struggling and after help from burnley and blackburn they are more stable than a few months ago.

It was reported on Sky Sports that Cardiff owe around 1.5 million i think and Southend owe a few hundred thousand. To most premier league sides, weather they are local rivals or not, this is nothing compared to they money they have. I find it very sad that these big clubs are watching smaller clubs crumble.

Finally, this situation also makes me greatful that we have a manager and chairman who are trying to stick to a budget and know when they cannot afford players, there wages etc.

Here's looking to a bright future at our club and in the mean time hopefully someone will help these struggling ones.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 10, 2010, 04:31:55 pm by idler »
The trouble is that most of the big clubs are deep in debt as well. They've wasted millions playing catch up and when/if the bubble bursts wait for the crying and excuses. Football finances need a shake up from top to bottom.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 10, 2010, 04:52:53 pm by River Don »
ptaylor-red wrote:
To most premier league sides, weather they are local rivals or not, this is nothing compared to they money they have. I find it very sad that these big clubs are watching smaller clubs crumble.

That's the purpose of the Premier league, they want the small clubs to crumble, they are a nuisance to them. It's why they put a stop to splitting gate receipts equally. It's why the TV money is split as it is. It's why they mulled over plans to create a Premier 1 & 2 and put an end relegation into the league.

The whole idea is to channel as much money as possible into the elite few.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 10, 2010, 10:11:35 pm by BobG »
Agree Don. And it stinks. It betrays, totally, the objectives and agendas at work in the minds of those with the power. A self perpetuating oligarchy. No care, no thought even, for anyone outside the oligarchs. It looks as if it won't even be a sport in not too many years time: contact no longer allowed; 'heroes' so far divorced from the common man that any rational person would lose all interest in them; power and money rule all.

This isn't football. It's hardly a sport even today is it when the favoured few can dominate everyone else simply through having more money thrown at them. It's taken away the risk for those few. But it';s also taken away the romance, the dreams and the passion. and without those football will, in the long run, die.

BobG

totalrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 10, 2010, 10:24:25 pm by totalrovers »
Just goes to show, anyone is vulnerable. Cardiff - brand new stadium, Wales` capital City and still vulnerable.

We really are being run correctly, both from the playing staff and accomodation point of view. Why bust a gut to buy the ground when we may only make a few grand a week through concessions and the savings from rent-to-play.  

If we hang fire for a few years we`ll be the most stable club in the Championship.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 10, 2010, 11:17:05 pm by BobG »
Looks like it could bugger Oxford's chances of the title doesn't it?

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 10, 2010, 11:34:19 pm by RobTheRover »
ptaylor-red wrote:
Very sad day for all chester city fans....

Not quite, PTR.  Most Chester fans have been boycotting the games and actively wanted the club winding up to get rid of Vaughan.  I expect the new resurgent Chester City (whatever they look like and wherever they play) to do rather well.

Oh, can I be the last to say it?

Chester in bid for....oblivion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012