Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:10:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sam Oji  (Read 2598 times)

Highland Rover

• Forum Member
Sam Oji
« on July 13, 2010, 12:53:25 pm by Highland Rover »
Former Rovers loanee , 2005-06 , currently on trial up here with Inverness Caley Thistle , not sure he could make in in the SPL .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
Re:Sam Oji
« Reply #1 on July 13, 2010, 01:16:09 pm by inSODwetrust »
not sure he could make in in the SPL.

Why not??? The Championship is a harder league IMO!

VikingJames

« Reply #2 on July 13, 2010, 01:25:50 pm by VikingJames »
Well he couldn't win contracts at the likes of Leyton Orient and Tranmere, so it is unlikely that he will succeed in the SPL, which is (I'd say) about on a par with mid to lower table in the Championship.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 13, 2010, 03:04:13 pm by dijit8 »
Rangers/Celtic are the big two clubs and they are probably on a par with someone like Bolton, Wolves, Middlesboro, etc.

As for the rest, Hibernian & Dundee United would possibly have a fair chance of surviving in the Championship but it'd be a bit of a struggle for them.

We can see how good SPL is next season when we play the Middlesboro the SPL XI that Strachan seems to be assembling.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 13, 2010, 03:41:20 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
VikingJames wrote:
Well he couldn't win contracts at the likes of Leyton Orient and Tranmere, so it is unlikely that he will succeed in the SPL, which is (I'd say) about on a par with mid to lower table in the Championship.

Crazy legs Offiong went to the SPL, scored 38 goals, then dropped in to League one and bagged 1 in 15; there are a lot of poor football teams up there. If Rovers played in Scotland we'd qualify for Europe every year.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 13, 2010, 04:51:49 pm by TheRev »
But some of Offi's goals were scored against the Big 2 so don't knock him too much.

As for Inverness -  I hope they stay in the SPL. Having worked up there on the railway depot and seen them a couple of times they are a nice friendly club who went out of their way to make me feel welcome.
They also have one of the best views I've ever witnessed from a football ground looking down the Moray Firth.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 13, 2010, 05:02:50 pm by RobTheRover »
Whats this?  Oji playing football?

Surely some mistake here.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 13, 2010, 07:19:09 pm by Akinfenwa »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:
Crazy legs Offiong went to the SPL, scored 38 goals, then dropped in to League one and bagged 1 in 15; there are a lot of poor football teams up there. If Rovers played in Scotland we'd qualify for Europe every year.

He only scored 6 of those goals in the SPL to be fair. He scored the rest in Division 1.

Shornton

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 14, 2010, 07:47:00 am by Shornton »
I still blame him for the Arsenal defeat!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012