Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 11:48:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A question  (Read 2330 times)

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
Re: A question
« Reply #30 on April 26, 2024, 03:09:16 pm by Silkscarf »
QPR were close to winning the league in about 1975. I remember the discussions on Radio 2 commentary about their goal average versus Liverpool’s. I’d probably only just learnt about averages at school.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 26, 2024, 03:14:46 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Colchester and Sutton could be interesting tomorrow - this scenario could play out....taken from SSN -

There is a scenario that both sides could finish level on points, goal difference and goals scored: Sutton win by three clear goals 3-0 and Colchester lose by one. In that case, the head-to-head between the sides comes into play but as both games finished 1-1, then most wins in the division would secure a higher finish, and that would be Colchester, who have 11 to Sutton's nine.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 26, 2024, 07:26:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Colchester and Sutton could be interesting tomorrow - this scenario could play out....taken from SSN -

There is a scenario that both sides could finish level on points, goal difference and goals scored: Sutton win by three clear goals 3-0 and Colchester lose by one. In that case, the head-to-head between the sides comes into play but as both games finished 1-1, then most wins in the division would secure a higher finish, and that would be Colchester, who have 11 to Sutton's nine.
If Sutton win 3-0 away at Mk Dons then MK are on the beach. They are very strong at home.
Colchester will be asking questions I should think.
Having said that I can see Colchester beating Crewe tomorrow as they are in awful form.
The U’s need to sort out their finishing. They have some considerable ability in their team but need to be much more clinical.
Let’s hope the U’s win and comfortably. It will make tomorrow much less stressful.
I can’t see Crawley not beating Grimsby so that one worries me.
Barrow Mansfield I  just can’t call. Will Mansfield be going 100% for the win or will they take it a bit easy?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 26, 2024, 07:49:49 pm by RobTheRover »
I thought we were going to get the age old dilemma....

A1 or M1. ?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 26, 2024, 08:05:18 pm by Campsall rover »
I thought we were going to get the age old dilemma....

A1 or M1. ?
If only.  :facepalm:

If we are ever going to finally get the Gillingham away hoodoo off our back, tomorrow is the day.

If we are really at it and just continue what we have been doing for the last 10 games then we will win this match.
It’s so easy sat on here typing that but just a tad more difficult for the players with what’s at stake.

Am I nervous? You bet. At least I had 5 hours to switch off today at Headingley. Very therapeutic that was I must say.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 26, 2024, 10:05:53 pm by scawsby steve »
I remember watching none league Wigan Athletic winning, I think 2-0, at Belle Vue in an FA Cup tie. That was so, so, bad.....

BobG

I think you're wrong there, Bob. It was in the early 1960s, and we drew 2-2 at Belle Vue and lost the replay at Springfield Park 1-3.

I can't remember us playing them again in the FA Cup while they were still non-league, but I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 26, 2024, 10:12:38 pm by BobG »
Possibly Steve. Memory ain't what it once was. I was bloody convinced though! My only hope is another Cup match. At a guess it'd have to be somewhere between 1966 and 1974. Probably the earlier end of that. Now I shall have to go googling. Lol!

Bob

Later: nope. You are spot on Steve. That memory from 1965 is 59 years old then!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 10:16:58 pm by BobG »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012