Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:41:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 92920 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #1500 on December 28, 2020, 10:14:40 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Isn't it you getting stuck on the technicalities BFYP?

All taxes and duties have to be paid by the importer - is pretty clear. That's WTO rules I believe.

How the importer goes about getting that money back from the exporter - or not - is down to the particular agreement as you have pointed out, but the actual legal obligation seems pretty clear.

Perhaps so, but isn't the more relevant point actually who is impacted by it?

Everybody's impacted by it. But only the importer pays it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #1501 on December 28, 2020, 03:10:45 pm by EasyforDennis »
Isn't it you getting stuck on the technicalities BFYP?

All taxes and duties have to be paid by the importer - is pretty clear. That's WTO rules I believe.

How the importer goes about getting that money back from the exporter - or not - is down to the particular agreement as you have pointed out, but the actual legal obligation seems pretty clear.

Perhaps so, but isn't the more relevant point actually who is impacted by it?

Everybody's impacted by it. But only the importer pays it.

Ultimately though we all pay for it

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1502 on December 28, 2020, 03:18:42 pm by selby »
  I bet you lot are glad your not Italian no matter what you call the scheme. You have got to give the EU credit they even keep tabs on who Peter is to pay Paul.
  I make no wonder old Gerry loves it, by all means put your own name to it, I am sure you will have one probably The Sunshine and Heavenly programme If your German or Dutch would be apt don't you think? of course the Ities could have a much shorter and to the point name for it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:26:59 pm by selby »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1503 on December 28, 2020, 05:28:17 pm by Filo »
  I bet you lot are glad your not Italian no matter what you call the scheme. You have got to give the EU credit they even keep tabs on who Peter is to pay Paul.
  I make no wonder old Gerry loves it, by all means put your own name to it, I am sure you will have one probably The Sunshine and Heavenly programme If your German or Dutch would be apt don't you think? of course the Ities could have a much shorter and to the point name for it.

Grow up!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1504 on December 28, 2020, 07:43:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Grow up!

Did you actually manage to decipher that bag o' shite? Well done!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1505 on December 28, 2020, 07:59:44 pm by selby »
  You don't like what you see do you. Poor losers I thought you would be used to it by now.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1506 on December 28, 2020, 08:43:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I can't dislike what I can't decipher. And you're right, I am used to it. From you anyway.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1507 on December 29, 2020, 08:52:47 am by Donnywolf »
An interesting piece here by another so called "bad loser" and an incredible 10 minutes of Johnson saying one thing and later doing another

He would be great at Cricket toss for England. Calling Heads and after he lost just saying no I said TAILS

Search @FEMI_SORRY
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 08:55:47 am by Donnywolf »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1508 on December 29, 2020, 10:07:01 am by Not Now Kato »
I can't dislike what I can't decipher. And you're right, I am used to it. From you anyway.

Yep, and unfortunately people like selby will believe the latest lies....

We are not, nor will we be, £900Bn better off signing deals we already had through the EU - but people like selby will believe that they represent the sunny uplands we were promised lied to about!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1509 on December 29, 2020, 10:09:49 am by SydneyRover »
An interesting piece here by another so called "bad loser" and an incredible 10 minutes of Johnson saying one thing and later doing another

He would be great at Cricket toss for England. Calling Heads and after he lost just saying no I said TAILS

Search @FEMI_SORRY

Great piece Wolf, here's the link

https://twitter.com/femi_sorry?lang=en

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1510 on December 29, 2020, 10:12:16 am by SydneyRover »

Yep, and unfortunately people like selby will believe the latest lies....

We are not, nor will we be, £900Bn better off signing deals we already had through the EU - but people like selby will believe that they represent the sunny uplands we were promised lied to about!

The deals are only available for Express readers

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1511 on December 29, 2020, 11:25:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I have to say, in the whole disgusting litany of lies and deception that the Express has engaged in for years over Brexit, that front page is the most disgusting.

They are including the trade deal with the f**king EU in that figure! A trade deal that everyone knows is far worse than the situation we currently have with them.

And the rest is predominantly made up of deals with Japan and Turkey that we already had or would have with them as EU members.

We have not made a single trade deal with a major economy that we wouldn't have had as an EU member. And the Express thinks so little of the intelligence of its readers that it trumpets that bullshit. Knowing that all they want is anything that reinforces their Little Englander mentality.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1512 on December 29, 2020, 03:14:39 pm by wilts rover »
The Daily Express. Who a couple of weeks ago were saying that the navy should send out gunboats so that British fisherman could catch 100% of the fish in British territorial waters:

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1341673241690169344/photo/1

Now celebrating a deal that means British fisherman can catch LESS of the fish we actually eat - but slightly more of the ones we don't:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/29/scotland-faces-cuts-to-cod-and-haddock-fisheries-under-brexit-deal

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1513 on December 29, 2020, 03:39:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Funny int it?

The Express being such a massive supporter of our fishing industry. You'd think they'd be up in arms about this deal.

Like...err...the fishing industry body is for example.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/brexit/fishermen-worse-off-post-brexit-trade-deal-andrew-locker-national-federation-fishermans-organisation-michael-gove-809681/amp

Mind. Fishing industry body! Pah! I bet they are just a bunch of Remoaners.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1514 on December 29, 2020, 03:53:03 pm by selby »
  Well you can all moan as long as you want on Friday.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #1515 on December 29, 2020, 04:59:45 pm by Metalmicky »
Funny int it?

The Express being such a massive supporter of our fishing industry. You'd think they'd be up in arms about this deal.

Like...err...the fishing industry body is for example.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/brexit/fishermen-worse-off-post-brexit-trade-deal-andrew-locker-national-federation-fishermans-organisation-michael-gove-809681/amp

Mind. Fishing industry body! Pah! I bet they are just a bunch of Remoaners.

TBF, the fishing industry was on it's arse before the Brexit deal and they didn't (and don't) have the infrastructure to vastly increase their catches, regardless of whether they had unfettered access to UK waters.  We're talking about an industry that currently accounts for 0.5% of GDP - although some contest that it even hits that figure... and many suggest it has absolutely no chance of reaching the 3.5% potential that was being talked about....

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1516 on December 29, 2020, 05:04:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't doubt any of that MM (except the figure I've seen most widely stated for the fishing industry is 0.1% of GDP).

It just begs the question why such a pifflingly small part of the economy, which has very little capacity for expansion should have assumed such importance in the Brexit picture. And then effectively be chucked aside anyway.

Almost as if the economics never mattered in the first place...

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #1517 on December 29, 2020, 05:08:54 pm by Metalmicky »
I don't doubt any of that MM (except the figure I've seen most widely stated for the fishing industry is 0.1% of GDP).

It just begs the question why such a pifflingly small part of the economy, which has very little capacity for expansion should have assumed such importance in the Brexit picture. And then effectively be chucked aside anyway.

Almost as if the economics never mattered in the first place...

I agree..

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1518 on December 29, 2020, 05:29:32 pm by wilts rover »
  Well you can all moan as long as you want on Friday.

You're our markets man Selby.

Tell me when international financiers warn investors to expect the biggest transfer of stocks & bonds for over 20 years, out of the UK and into the EU & US, on 4th January due to Johnson's great new deal - is this a good thing or a bad one?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/brexit-big-bang-to-trigger-tectonic-trading-rift-in-europe/ar-BB1cjjgS?ocid=msedgntp

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1519 on December 29, 2020, 08:50:21 pm by SydneyRover »
Behind the 8 ball already, a lot of trade deals required.

The essential numbers of the UK’s Brexit trade deal

$1.6 trillion: The amount of assets, along with about 7,500 employees, transferred out of the UK and to the European Union by financial services firms in anticipation of Brexit, according to EY.

https://qz.com/1950048/the-uk-eu-brexit-trade-deal-by-the-numbers/

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #1520 on December 30, 2020, 03:51:23 pm by Axholme Lion »
One referendum and two general elections down the road and still some on here can't accept it. Eventually everyone should come together for the future benefit of Britain. I suspect our differences with Germany and Japan after the war will have been put aside quicker than some will get over Brexit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1521 on December 30, 2020, 04:01:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
AL.

There's plenty of us working bloody hard to make up the damage that this is doing to our economy. My own company is just about to sign a contract for $500k of work with a customer in the USA and I've been on with the paperwork over Xmas.

On your side, you need to be grown up enough to acknowledge the economic damage you have done. If your not going to hold your hand up to that, don't blame other people for pointing it out to you as the data comes in.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1522 on December 30, 2020, 04:17:24 pm by selby »
  The EU fishing community dependant on fishing in British waters is even smaller as a percentage I believe than the fishing community is in the UK to the UK.
 Funny how little most posters on here think of the UK fishing industry and back such a small percentage of the EU industry.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1523 on December 30, 2020, 05:13:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Who's 'backed' the EU? Pointing out reality is backing neither one side or the other.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1524 on December 30, 2020, 06:46:28 pm by wilts rover »
  The EU fishing community dependant on fishing in British waters is even smaller as a percentage I believe than the fishing community is in the UK to the UK.
 Funny how little most posters on here think of the UK fishing industry and back such a small percentage of the EU industry.

I do find it strange that there are any posters happy with a deal that lets British fishermen catch LESS of the fish that we eat, than previously.

And have given the EU the proviso that if we break that commitment they can turn-off their gas and electricity supplies to us.

But there you go. Seems some do.

https://twitter.com/john_lichfield/status/1344232433185656833

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1525 on December 30, 2020, 07:33:45 pm by selby »
Especially if they turned backwaters like Wiltshire off first.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1526 on December 30, 2020, 08:14:04 pm by wilts rover »

Wanna buy a turbine?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1527 on December 30, 2020, 10:54:25 pm by Not Now Kato »

Wanna buy a turbine?

Nah, he'd be better off renting a brain!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1528 on December 31, 2020, 10:56:49 am by selby »
  I bet you are glued to the TV wanting b*llocks at the docks tonight and tomorrow lads, Have a nice day.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1529 on December 31, 2020, 11:05:22 am by selby »
  Just read that your God old Stabber has stated " the best years for Britain lie ahead".
   Looks like the lad is coming around to liking old Boris.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012