Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:50:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 92996 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #150 on May 31, 2020, 10:42:22 am by selby »
  Interesting that Glynn, you are saying that a few words on a bus and a poster has more sway than the PM, The chancellor of the exchequer, the  US President, The media and the combined leadership of the EU all pedalling lies and threats.
   Some money and hot air was wasted there then.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on May 31, 2020, 10:45:52 am by RedRover45 »
  Interesting that Glynn, you are saying that a few words on a bus and a poster has more sway than the PM, The chancellor of the exchequer, the  US President, The media and the combined leadership of the EU all pedalling lies and threats.

To be fair, the PM, the President and the media have all proven to be liars at fairly regular intervals.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on May 31, 2020, 10:49:48 am by IDM »

If the bus and posters had no sway, why bother doing it.?

I’ve said before, there are hundreds of thousands of people, possibly millions, who don’t follow politics at all and will make a decision based on headlines - they are the ones susceptible to such lies.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on May 31, 2020, 10:59:22 am by selby »
 IDM, I think part of your problem and the leave sympathisers is that you underestimate the electorate big time.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on May 31, 2020, 11:01:27 am by IDM »
I don’t underestimate the electorate at all..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on May 31, 2020, 11:02:11 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby

What lies were peddled by the Remain campaign?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on May 31, 2020, 12:06:19 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Selby

What lies were peddled by the Remain campaign?

And what of the Leave campaign has been true?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on May 31, 2020, 12:43:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I will simplify it for you then SYD, if the remain leaders had used a comparable publicity stunt like the Farage poster, and the other dirty tricks or a comparable pointer like the  Bus statement, would you have been happy for them to do so to win the referendum and do what you have to do to win by any means.
  I personally with campaign fear and a load of total lies think they did so, a different way but as bad and a losers way.
  What do you think?

No, but then Remainers didn't use despicable posters like Farage's or a bus plastered with lies, did they?

PS Of course the EU will eventually fall and be replaced with something else. It happened to the Roman Empire, the Mongol Empire, the British Empire and the Soviet Union. What's your prediction for how long it will take for it to happen to the EU?

Is this from Catch-22?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on May 31, 2020, 01:47:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby.

If I understand your question, I think you're asking: Would you have unreservedly criticised your side if they had published Nazi-style posters and pushed lies that they were told to stop by the ONS, like my side did (and I never criticised)?

If that's your question then my answer is "yes, unequivocally." I'm surprised you need to ask.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on May 31, 2020, 01:50:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Additionally, I would have unequivocally condemned my side if they had continued campaigning during a voluntary campaigning moratorium following the assassination of an MP by a man shouting slogans associated with my side.

I don't recall you criticising your side for doing precisely that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on May 31, 2020, 03:28:21 pm by selby »
 Well the answers were as expected but doesn't answer the question really, are you just too nice and fools when it comes to winning at politics, or just telling fibs?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on May 31, 2020, 03:59:39 pm by drfchound »
Selby.

Why do you want the EU to fail? Why do you take pleasure in the other side losing?
i hope that is said in jest lol, how many on here want the tories to fail so labour can get in power?

There are many more posters on here who favour the Labour Party than those who don’t so I would imagine that the number would be quite high.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on May 31, 2020, 05:30:15 pm by IDM »
A party should I am election on its own strengths rather than the weaknesses of its opponents.  I’m convinced we had the latter in December - the Tories won because Labour and Corbyn were at a low.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on May 31, 2020, 05:39:21 pm by selby »
I would say that Barnier and Macron and other EU leaders have taken the lead when talking publicly about how Britain would be hurt by leaving in the past.
  Funny how the same people are wanting us to stay for a couple more years now they want a money hole filling.
  IDM of course they were that is why Bojo pushed your lot into an election, and Labour were stupid enough to fall for it with the Liberals talking that much s**t led by a donkey there was only ever going to be one winner.
   You might remember the Liberals they thought they were ready to rule.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on May 31, 2020, 05:53:55 pm by IDM »
And who do you presume to think “my lot” actually are.?

Who I voted for is my business, but I can tell you it wasn’t Corbyn’s Labour Party.!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on May 31, 2020, 06:06:19 pm by Not Now Kato »
I would say that Barnier and Macron and other EU leaders have taken the lead when talking publicly about how Britain would be hurt by leaving in the past.
  Funny how the same people are wanting us to stay for a couple more years now they want a money hole filling.
  IDM of course they were that is why Bojo pushed your lot into an election, and Labour were stupid enough to fall for it with the Liberals talking that much s**t led by a donkey there was only ever going to be one winner.

You seem to have a habit of saying things without any supporting evidence selby.  Two things there that you have to prove to be taken seriously - otherwise you look just like any other internet Troll.  Proof of both please.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on May 31, 2020, 06:41:50 pm by wilts rover »

You seem to have a habit of saying things without any supporting evidence selby.  Two things there that you have to prove to be taken seriously - otherwise you look just like any other internet Troll.  Proof of both please.

Does this help? Today's Sunday Times

Keep promises of face No Deal says Barnier?
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/keep-promises-or-face-no-deal-brexit-michel-barnier-tells-boris-johnson-c2rcdjsns

Seems a funny way to saying he wants us to stay but there you go.

I'm with SKS by the way. Johnson has said he will get us a deal by 31st December - why wouldn't anyone believe him?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on May 31, 2020, 07:26:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

He can't, because we are are OUT. We cannot stay. For some reason selby seems to think we are still in the EU though. It's almost as though he doesn't know what he's talking about.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on May 31, 2020, 08:34:11 pm by tyke1962 »

Selby

It didn't matter if Johnson pushed Labour in to an election or not .

The country was falling apart with Parliament gridlocked , something had to give , everyone recognised that .

Somebody needed to lead the country with a majority one way or the other .

We all knew what was coming Selby and that Labour would be defeated badly .

Personally it was a case of getting the bugger over and done with and Corbyn and his tribe back to the backbenchers where they belonged .

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on May 31, 2020, 08:56:03 pm by bpoolrover »
Tyke many on this forum right up until the last minute thought labour had reduced the gap significantly

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on May 31, 2020, 09:07:58 pm by wilts rover »
Tyke many on this forum right up until the last minute thought labour had reduced the gap significantly

You won. Get over it. Why not tell us some of the details you would like to see in Johnson's great new deal with the EU.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on May 31, 2020, 09:13:10 pm by bpoolrover »
I didn’t mean it in a bad way lol, it was to his everyone new it would happen and they would lose badly

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on May 31, 2020, 09:45:43 pm by tommy toes »
My brain hurts.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on May 31, 2020, 09:47:04 pm by tyke1962 »

Well I can't speak for others bpool but for me personally it was like a boil getting lanced .

Yeh it's a bit ugly and uncomfortable but its over with now .

Things to take from the election for me were the end of Corbyn and the fact I was confident Johnson would be a complete disaster .

The way Johnson is performing he's the capability of taking the Tories right back to where they were in 97 .

To get back on topic I'm totally convinced Johnson will capitulate on the trade deal with the EU and have us tied in .

He's going to face a massive backlash within his own party when he does .

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on May 31, 2020, 10:24:42 pm by foxbat »
When we rejoin the EU , I think we should adopt the Euro at the same time . Anyone else ?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on May 31, 2020, 10:32:46 pm by bpoolrover »
My brain hurts.
 Your a happy soul

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on May 31, 2020, 10:45:55 pm by tyke1962 »
When we rejoin the EU , I think we should adopt the Euro at the same time . Anyone else ?

I'd add make Brussels our new capital city and have Verhofstadt as PM .

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on June 01, 2020, 03:31:19 am by wilts rover »

The way Johnson is performing he's the capability of taking the Tories right back to where they were in 97 .

The way Johnson is performing he will take the Tories back to 1897 and the country to 1697!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on June 01, 2020, 12:21:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I'd add make Brussels our new capital city and have Verhofstadt as PM .

They can't be worse than what we've inflicted upon ourselves.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on June 01, 2020, 07:53:41 pm by scawsby steve »

F*cking delusional.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012