Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:51:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 92915 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #210 on June 03, 2020, 02:06:17 am by SydneyRover »
The only way the UK could own all the fishing rights is to buy them back but they are not for sale.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on June 03, 2020, 09:08:17 am by ravenrover »
Speaking of fishin in the Med dod anyone wstch the Simon Reeves series of The Med? Every country he visited the fishermen were saying the Med has been fished out they are catching next to nothing

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on June 03, 2020, 09:34:37 am by SydneyRover »
Australia lost it's car industry due to a government uwilling to look for answers that was happy to to see it go and to import cars. Will johnson do the same? it's not just the car plants it's all the component manufacturers too.

''Nissan's Sunderland plant at risk if UK leaves EU without deal
No-deal Brexit tariffs would make manufacturing in Britain unviable, says carmaker''

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jun/03/nissan-sunderland-plant-at-risk-if-uk-leaves-eu-without-deal-brexit

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on June 03, 2020, 09:39:43 am by Glyn_Wigley »
https://www.bbc.com/news/52420116

"If nothing's going to change, the whole Brexit scenario is a lie. If English fisherman don't benefit from this, it's been a pointless exercise for us."

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on June 03, 2020, 11:50:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Well we COULD have an outcome that is a good deal for UK fishermen.

Course, that'd f**k up the rest of us, but, y'know. We took back control.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on June 03, 2020, 11:59:45 am by SydneyRover »
Deal or No Deal?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on June 03, 2020, 01:52:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Creel Or No Creel

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on June 03, 2020, 01:54:42 pm by Donnywolf »
Eel or no Eel

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on June 03, 2020, 02:45:56 pm by Not Now Kato »
Deal or No Deal?

The recent changes to allow the lowering of our food standards was surely a clear indicator - No Deal!  I wonder how many people knew what they were voting for when they put their X in the wrong box....

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on June 03, 2020, 02:53:31 pm by bpoolrover »
People had enough chance to change there mind in the last election, so I think most people did

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on June 03, 2020, 03:02:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
People had enough chance to change there mind in the last election, so I think most people did

Woo food sickness.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on June 03, 2020, 03:06:21 pm by bpoolrover »

Woo food sickness.
good one

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on June 03, 2020, 03:14:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Aye. They did.

The 2019 election was THE most single issue election in our lifetimes. All that mattered was Brexit.

46.8% of votes in the 2019 election were cast for parties explicitly wanting to go ahead with Brexit. (Con, Brexit Party, DUP, UUP, UKIP)

52.1% voted for parties who explicitly wanted to stop Brexit or have a second referendum. (Lab, LD, SNP, PC, SF, Green, SDLP, Alliance).

Democracy eh? Bloody hell...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on June 03, 2020, 03:36:54 pm by wilts rover »
Deal or No Deal?

The recent changes to allow the lowering of our food standards was surely a clear indicator - No Deal!  I wonder how many people knew what they were voting for when they put their X in the wrong box....

I think we have enough evidence from the forum that people certainly knew what they were voting for.

Now whether what they voted for was actually what Johnson was promising them, or what they thought he was promising them- well?

An whether what they voted for is what they are going to get - an even bigger well - seeing as how they are reluctant to actually tell us what it is they want and expect?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on June 03, 2020, 03:55:27 pm by Not Now Kato »
Deal or No Deal?

I think we have enough evidence from the forum that people certainly knew what they were voting for.

Now whether what they voted for was actually what Johnson was promising them, or what they thought he was promising them- well?

An whether what they voted for is what they are going to get - an even bigger well - seeing as how they are reluctant to actually tell us what it is they want and expect?

I wonder if this was what people in Sunderland voted for....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52900528

Looks like it's what they're going to get under a no-deal Brexit.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on June 03, 2020, 04:43:18 pm by foxbat »
Johnson told them it was only ' Project Fear ' and they believed him.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #226 on June 03, 2020, 05:16:10 pm by IDM »
People had the chance of they didn’t no what they voted for to change that would you agree?

Say what.?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on June 03, 2020, 07:27:48 pm by tommy toes »
People had the chance of they didn’t no what they voted for to change that would you agree?

Say what.?
I think he meant ...

Would you agree that what the people didn't know was what they voted for the vote no chance to change.

Clearer now?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on June 03, 2020, 08:34:09 pm by idler »
I'm sure that the percentage of voters wanting a no deal BREXIT would be a lot smaller than the one wanting a deal or remain.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on June 03, 2020, 08:43:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Idler.

You're wasting your time pal.

That point of yours is the key, unanswerable reason why a confirmatory referendum was required. Because "Brexit" was never defined as a thing in 2016. It was an infinite range of very disparate possibilities. And there was and is no majority ever for the specific form of Brexit we have ended up with. In fact, back in 2016, when the Remain campaigned warned of this sort of Brexit, the Leave side called it Project Fear and said you'd have to be mad to want that.

Yet every Leave supporter you ever speak to is utterly convinced that ever Leave voter knew exactly what sort of Brexit they wanted and it was this one.

The art of a brilliant sting is making the mark think that he hasn't been duped. This is the biggest sting in history.

But there's no point discussing it any further because you'll just be hurting folks' feelings by being condescending.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on June 03, 2020, 08:58:00 pm by tyke1962 »
Idler.

You're wasting your time pal.

That point of yours is the key, unanswerable reason why a confirmatory referendum was required. Because "Brexit" was never defined as a thing in 2016. It was an infinite range of very disparate possibilities. And there was and is no majority ever for the specific form of Brexit we have ended up with. In fact, back in 2016, when the Remain campaigned warned of this sort of Brexit, the Leave side called it Project Fear and said you'd have to be mad to want that.

Yet every Leave supporter you ever speak to is utterly convinced that ever Leave voter knew exactly what sort of Brexit they wanted and it was this one.

The art of a brilliant sting is making the mark think that he hasn't been duped. This is the biggest sting in history.

But there's no point discussing it any further because you'll just be hurting folks' feelings by being condescending.

What is it Billy that could have happened that would make you stand up and say " fair do's " , the country don't want to remain in the EU and democracy has prevailed ? .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on June 03, 2020, 09:14:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
A majority for this kind of Brexit in a confirmatory referendum. As I've been saying for about 2 years.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on June 03, 2020, 10:09:42 pm by bpoolrover »
I'm sure that the percentage of voters wanting a no deal BREXIT would be a lot smaller than the one wanting a deal or remain.
if people wanted to remain thou there was a general election with parties that stated they would have a second referendum they could have voted them parties, most people will have presumed it would possibly head towards a no deal brexit

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on June 03, 2020, 10:15:07 pm by selby »
  Billy you lost a referendum, a confirmatory vote in the house of commons when even the the majority of all parties voted to accept the result, two Elections with Brexit the main issue, and parliament once again in December passed the result again.
  Now it might surprise you to know that I voted to remain, and in the first of those general elections I voted Labour the only time I have ever voted Tory was the last election, and I did not vote Tory because of the attraction of Johnson or any other Tory personality, I voted Tory because of people like you and Glynn and other labour supporters in and on the media phone ins and their  and your attitude to those who had different views and the constant undermining of the elected government and the holier than thou attitude
  I am sure that I am one of many many previously Labour voters, and original remain voters who have been absolutely pissed off by the constant moaning and vitriol that the remain faction have come out with in the last four years. You and people like you belittling and insulting especially older people and the intelligence of others have gone a very long way to changing peoples minds and attitudes and have quietly entrenched against you as you were surprised to find out in the last election.
  And you and others still do it, on here, on TV, on the social media, sometimes it goes as far as being racial against your own country constantly wanting the government to fail. For clever people I don't think you can see a lot.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on June 03, 2020, 10:29:21 pm by SydneyRover »
Is that all selby?  :)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on June 03, 2020, 10:30:52 pm by IDM »
Racial against your own country.?

Voting for one party not on the issues, but because you don’t like the attitude of a handful of people you don’t know, making statements on a low-use forum and radio phone ins.?

f**k me sideways.!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on June 03, 2020, 10:32:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Billy you lost a referendum, a confirmatory vote in the house of commons when even the the majority of all parties voted to accept the result, two Elections with Brexit the main issue, and parliament once again in December passed the result again.
  Now it might surprise you to know that I voted to remain, and in the first of those general elections I voted Labour the only time I have ever voted Tory was the last election, and I did not vote Tory because of the attraction of Johnson or any other Tory personality, I voted Tory because of people like you and Glynn and other labour supporters in and on the media phone ins and their  and your attitude to those who had different views and the constant undermining of the elected government and the holier than thou attitude
  I am sure that I am one of many many previously Labour voters, and original remain voters who have been absolutely pissed off by the constant moaning and vitriol that the remain faction have come out with in the last four years. You and people like you belittling and insulting especially older people and the intelligence of others have gone a very long way to changing peoples minds and attitudes and have quietly entrenched against you as you were surprised to find out in the last election.
  And you and others still do it, on here, on TV, on the social media, sometimes it goes as far as being racial against your own country constantly wanting the government to fail. For clever people I don't think you can see a lot.

And you have the temerity to accuse others of a holier-than-thou attitude? F**k me, look in a mirror.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on June 03, 2020, 10:33:40 pm by SydneyRover »
Looks like bst is mostly to blame for brexit though  :)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on June 03, 2020, 10:34:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Glynn, I know you are a bastion of the new lefties liberal elite that belittle everybody and throw out what you think are clever insults and everyone who disagrees with you are thick and seem to just want to get angry and shout how good you are, but it gets a bit tiresome  when you have got sod all right in the last four years buddy.
  Billy you can whittle those 500million down mate the French,Spanish, Italians, and Greeks are not in it to put anything in, Rumania and some of the others  are still trotting about on a horse and cart and are also used to holding their hands out for the goodies along with Ireland and Poland. The Greeks and Italians and possibly Spain will not be contributing as much as a scratched arse for quite some time. That leaves the northern states who do the most trade with us, and are already balking at picking up their mates tab as it is.

Go on, tell us what you think a Free Trade Agreement entails, and let's all see whether it agrees with the twenty years experience of being an International Trade Officer with Customs that I bring to the table.

Still waiting to hear if you think the EU will be punishing us by treating us exactly the same as any other non-member state, or if you think they've something special lined up just for us?

Or are you just going to waffle yet again?

No answers to these, it was just waffle again I see.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on June 03, 2020, 11:13:10 pm by bpoolrover »
Glyn why do you have to insult anyone that has a different view to you? Why say it’s waffle?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012