Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:21:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 92963 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #420 on June 21, 2020, 07:08:56 am by EasyforDennis »
Well it looks like it is kicking off over  there in La La land, Varadkar coming into trouble with the greens who are themselves coming in for trouble with the farmers who need a Brexit agreement to protect their largest market.
  Merkel is considering sidelining Barnier to push for an agreement, and no fiscal agreement with the frugal four and the German courts dead set on not continually bailing out their med friends.

La la land? Please explain.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #421 on June 21, 2020, 08:14:23 am by Not Now Kato »
He's making things up from within his fantasy world, poor thing - you have to feel sorry for him really.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #422 on June 21, 2020, 08:27:52 am by Donnywolf »
https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/bxllocks-to-the-red-white-and-blue/?fbclid=IwAR30OeIMHQY02ubei33c3sZlQS2ak2qRDkwzgUIP2Rh9hsKpV2HRSQIG5GU

A spokesperson for the Angel of the North protest that took place today, Kim Sanderson, said it would make far more sense to deal with one crisis at a time: “Whichever way you voted in the EU referendum, it was not to lose your job or be worse off.”

Sadly, as many of us pointed out during the campaigns, that's exactly what you WERE voting for!

They could always push for a second Referendum - and I am surprised someone "eminent" or a group of "eminent people" have not done an online petition

There was a huge one of course but even though it got to 11+ Million (might have gone higher than that I dont recall) it was simply dismissed by the Govt as they said " yes but 17.3 million voted Leave in the actual poll

So I would love to see another online which topped 18 million and showed the EU and others that we realy dont want to leave

Get on with it someone

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #423 on June 21, 2020, 08:35:45 am by SydneyRover »
What about something like the old Danelaw division in the UK where all the brexiters could live on the side of the country closest to the chlorinated chicken and the pro EU group could reside closest to Europe

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #424 on June 21, 2020, 08:52:10 am by wilts rover »
Wolfie, we can't remain. We have officially left, its over, done.

I for one am fully behind Johnson in achieving the wonderful trade deal with the EU he has promised us. And like SKS see no problem at all in him achieving it by 31st December (which in reality has to be October so it can be ratified by the EU Parliament) as Johnson always keep his promises doesn't he?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #425 on June 21, 2020, 09:18:33 am by Donnywolf »
Of course he does

Not for nothing do I call him Liar Johnson as it makes him sound like the evil B he obviously is

+++++++
I hope then that we see a populist movement to rejoin the EU at the very earliest opportunity. After all the Tories kept banging on about us "staying" in the EU after our trial membership - and with their Party always split on whether we should be in or out eventually persuaded the population to vote "OUT" only 44 years later
So I am in no doubt that a populist movement will democratically take us back in there with the consent of the electorate. I will be 110 is if it takes 40 + years so I can only hope it happens before then

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #426 on June 21, 2020, 11:40:41 am by DonnyOsmond »
Of course he does

Not for nothing do I call him Liar Johnson as it makes him sound like the evil B he obviously is

+++++++
I hope then that we see a populist movement to rejoin the EU at the very earliest opportunity. After all the Tories kept banging on about us "staying" in the EU after our trial membership - and with their Party always split on whether we should be in or out eventually persuaded the population to vote "OUT" only 44 years later
So I am in no doubt that a populist movement will democratically take us back in there with the consent of the electorate. I will be 110 is if it takes 40 + years so I can only hope it happens before then

It's worth seeing how it goes first. If he gets a deal then the damage caused by leaving the EU would possibly be overshadowed by the financial affects of coronavirus. We also can't let them lower our food standards or let the US take apart our NHS. If everything goes OK with those points then who knows Brexit might go well. But if we leave without a deal that alone isn't worth it. People losing their jobs, privatising our healthcare and food poisoning hopefully isn't what 51% voted for. This next year will show which way we'll go.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #427 on June 21, 2020, 11:46:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
If only the Tories weren't voted in in 2010 then we wouldn't be having Brexit, even if we still had a referendum. 2010 started austerity which then caused people losing jobs, becoming poorer, etc which allowed Brexiteers to blame on foreigners and the EU, "everything would be different if we were out". People bought into that and here we are. At a time, 2010, when as a country we should have been getting the economy going again we stopped spending which as a result has potentially caused long term hardship.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #428 on June 21, 2020, 12:26:45 pm by Not Now Kato »
Wolfie, we can't remain. We have officially left, its over, done.

I for one am fully behind Johnson in achieving the wonderful trade deal with the EU he has promised us. And like SKS see no problem at all in him achieving it by 31st December (which in reality has to be October so it can be ratified by the EU Parliament) as Johnson always keep his promises doesn't he?

Absolutely Wilts, how could anyone fail to believe everything Johnson says?

https://twitter.com/MarieAnnUK/status/1271425433536466945

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #429 on June 21, 2020, 04:48:51 pm by selby »
  Wolfie, in 44 years it will not exist.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #430 on June 21, 2020, 05:09:49 pm by Filo »
I thought that would be fairly obvious due to their respective locations Glyn, as I posted it will be long term but the Spanish are not going to pass up this opportunity I woulndn't think.

''BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Spain has claimed victory in an argument with Britain over the status of Gibraltar, after the European Parliament passed a law that referred to the peninsula as a “colony of the British Crown”''

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-visas/spain-claims-success-in-gibraltar-row-with-britain-idUSKCN1RG199

Gibraltar was ceded to Great Britain in perpetuity, Gibraltar is a key strategic position on the entrance to the Med, we will never give that up

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #431 on June 21, 2020, 05:36:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

It won't be the same as it is now but it'll still be there.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #432 on June 21, 2020, 05:58:06 pm by Ldr »

It won't be the same as it is now but it'll still be there.

It will be a single sovereign nation

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #433 on June 21, 2020, 07:09:37 pm by selby »
  It might be, just a few bankrupt Mediterranean countries though, or a reasonably rich northern state, which do you think?
  The Eastern Europeans will take flight as soon as they realise they will have to chip in money and take in a few refugees, instead of holding their hand out and getting some booty.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #434 on June 21, 2020, 07:12:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
  It might be, just a few bankrupt Mediterranean countries though, or a reasonably rich northern state, which do you think?
  The Eastern Europeans will take flight as soon as they realise they will have to chip in money and take in a few refugees, instead of holding their hand out and getting some booty.

The casual racism is quite something to behold.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #435 on June 21, 2020, 07:35:56 pm by MachoMadness »
Don't think there's much casual about Selby's racism.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #436 on June 21, 2020, 08:29:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I don't think either of your apocalyptic scenarios are remotely likely. I think there'll be more harmonisation, maybe an extra member or two, and closer workings.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #437 on June 21, 2020, 08:50:16 pm by selby »
 Billy, there is clear racism in the Eastern States of the EU, and there is a systemic lack of economic realism in the southern states. And more nationalistic feelings towards their country by the populations in the majority of member countries than there is in the UK.
  The situation in Dijon in France with the African drug dealers and the Chechens in open warfare with the authorities struggling to contain the violence  and now problems in Germany.
  The EU has got big problems, and it is you who is racial mate, you see it at every turn as a get out. The modern way of stamping feet and trying to tar someone with a different opinion  Glynn thanks for that I appreciate you having an opinion. A little test about that is how well Macron does in the up coming elections.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #438 on June 21, 2020, 08:55:20 pm by drfchound »
I will be surprised if the EU aren’t looking for a new member or two, given that they won’t be getting the £350m per week that we apparently paid them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #439 on June 21, 2020, 09:44:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Billy, there is clear racism in the Eastern States of the EU, and there is a systemic lack of economic realism in the southern states. And more nationalistic feelings towards their country by the populations in the majority of member countries than there is in the UK.
  The situation in Dijon in France with the African drug dealers and the Chechens in open warfare with the authorities struggling to contain the violence  and now problems in Germany.
  The EU has got big problems, and it is you who is racial mate, you see it at every turn as a get out. The modern way of stamping feet and trying to tar someone with a different opinion  Glynn thanks for that I appreciate you having an opinion. A little test about that is how well Macron does in the up coming elections.

What have Africans and Chechens who don't have Freedom of Movement into the EU got to do with the EU?

And what is this 'clear racism' in Eastern Europe?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #440 on June 21, 2020, 10:12:00 pm by Not Now Kato »

What have Africans and Chechens who don't have Freedom of Movement into the EU got to do with the EU?

Glyn, have you not noticed, he regularly come up with tripe he'd dreamed up with no corroboration whatsoever.  He's best ignored, not encouraged.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #441 on June 21, 2020, 10:25:35 pm by tyke1962 »

I wouldn't go as far as to say clear racism but there's definitely significant rise across europe towards the far right .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36130006

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #442 on June 21, 2020, 10:38:36 pm by wilts rover »
Which has been balanced off in a rise in approval ratings for the EU across members states. Over 70% in every country bar one.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-eu-survey-italy-ireland-portugal-eurosceptic-poll-a8888126.html

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #443 on June 21, 2020, 10:40:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Glyn, have you not noticed, he regularly come up with tripe he'd dreamed up with no corroboration whatsoever.  He's best ignored, not encouraged.

I know, because he took what a right-wing think tank said and he said Michel Barnier said it. Completely untrue.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #444 on June 21, 2020, 10:51:34 pm by scawsby steve »
If only the Tories weren't voted in in 2010 then we wouldn't be having Brexit, even if we still had a referendum. 2010 started austerity which then caused people losing jobs, becoming poorer, etc which allowed Brexiteers to blame on foreigners and the EU, "everything would be different if we were out". People bought into that and here we are. At a time, 2010, when as a country we should have been getting the economy going again we stopped spending which as a result has potentially caused long term hardship.

You've got the Lib Dems to thank for that, DO. They not only abandoned their Liberal principles to get into bed with the Tories, they voted for Austerity as well.

Snake oil salesmen, the lot of them.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #445 on June 21, 2020, 10:57:49 pm by tyke1962 »
Which has been balanced off in a rise in approval ratings for the EU across members states. Over 70% in every country bar one.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-eu-survey-italy-ireland-portugal-eurosceptic-poll-a8888126.html

Well I would consider it a mistake for the EU to ignore the far right bums that are getting put on member states parliaments myself .

A random poll conducted by whoever on approval ratings wouldn't necessarily stack up for me personally when the far right are increasing their vote share across europe .

If the EU want to be in denial then so be it , no skin off my nose .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #446 on June 21, 2020, 11:18:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well Tyke, they are lucky that one country with a Far Right Govt made it easy for them by leaving.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #447 on June 21, 2020, 11:31:57 pm by tyke1962 »
Well Tyke, they are lucky that one country with a Far Right Govt made it easy for them by leaving.

Billy I'm not attempting to open up old wounds but to suggest everything is hunky dory within the members states inside the EU would be a huge mistake on their part in my opinion , that's it and nothing more than that .

The evidence is pretty clear across europe that the far right support is growing and it's hardly anything new either given European history .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #448 on June 21, 2020, 11:42:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not sure I've ever done that Tyke. You're tilting at windmills. I was pointing out where Hungary and Poland were heading many years ago in here.

Do you reckon that they would be paragons of left-liberal social harmony outside the EU? Or that the effort to control the would-be demagogues there is aided by us leaving and lurching to the xenophobic right ourselves?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #449 on June 22, 2020, 12:44:07 am by tyke1962 »
Not sure I've ever done that Tyke. You're tilting at windmills. I was pointing out where Hungary and Poland were heading many years ago in here.

Do you reckon that they would be paragons of left-liberal social harmony outside the EU? Or that the effort to control the would-be demagogues there is aided by us leaving and lurching to the xenophobic right ourselves?

Speaking from personal experience and having worked alongside many young eastern europeans I can honestly say without a shadow of doubt they are the most racist group I've ever encountered , I say that from personal experience and from a position of working alongside them in the UK but haven't ever visited eastern europe myself but I suppose decades of communism is hardly likely to float their boat when it comes to left wing politics whether they were EU members or not .

What we have going on right now is a culture war and the fact the Tories will do almost anything to gain power , if they can fan the flames of subtle racism to win elections then that's what they'll do , they have much to protect after all .

I take the view the Tories believe in nowt other than the ruthless pursuit of power and the protection and enhancement of great wealth , if xenophobia ticks the box then so be it , they'd all take the knee too if that worked for them .

Attempting to put the Tories inside a single box is a fruitless exercise , who was it that took us in to the EU and who signed us up to the Maastricht Treaty ?

Looking at them today they've practically erased history to keep themselves in the game .

Where do Labour fit in to all this , quite frankly I don't know to tell the truth .

Since the BLM began I know I've seen some comments in disturbing numbers over here that suggest the Tories are on the right side of wrong which have even led to a former player Bruce Dyer who works in the community sector in the town considering his position and a number of our black players are equally alarmed .

I haven't the answers other than pro EU chest thumping isn't going to win Labour the next election and the wearing of a union jack waiscoat when canvassing around the old heartlands would be a smart choice .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012