Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:15:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 92966 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #540 on July 01, 2020, 08:51:30 am by Dagenham Rover »
In fairness DR, given Glyn's professional background, I think he had a better idea than 99.9% of the population.

But then of course, back in 2016, we were told by the Leave side that there was no possibility that we'd leave the Single Market.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0xGt3QmRSZY&ved=2ahUKEwjMoc_AyqrqAhXknVwKHWZLCkkQwqsBMAR6BAgKEAM&usg=AOvVaw0v2iTLsDSrd_kHuzccm72b

I'm not going to dispute he had a much better idea than most. However the fact remains he did not know for certain. Nobody knew for certain at that point  yes a very well educated guess but not certain Whether Glyn thinks its bolox or not   ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #541 on July 01, 2020, 08:56:01 am by Glyn_Wigley »
In fairness DR, given Glyn's professional background, I think he had a better idea than 99.9% of the population.

But then of course, back in 2016, we were told by the Leave side that there was no possibility that we'd leave the Single Market.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0xGt3QmRSZY&ved=2ahUKEwjMoc_AyqrqAhXknVwKHWZLCkkQwqsBMAR6BAgKEAM&usg=AOvVaw0v2iTLsDSrd_kHuzccm72b

I'm not going to dispute he had a much better idea than most. However the fact remains he did not know for certain. Nobody knew for certain at that point  yes a very well educated guess but not certain Whether Glyn thinks its bolox or not   ;)

Oh, so you knew that Brexit was going to overturn CEMA 1979 -  UK legislation - did you?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #542 on July 01, 2020, 10:02:20 am by Donnywolf »
More than one journ will write a book Wolf, many will have all the notes and references catalogued ready to go.

Hope so - I am in complete dispair at what this Country I have called home has gone from and to lately

The frustrating thing is I saw some "luminary" or celebrity saying on Twitter that he (she) was appalled at what they were watching unfolding routinely and they wanted to shout "STOP , somebody do something PLEASE" but there was no way to stop what is being done

I feel pretty much the same way - I.m not saying I know better than anyone else - I clearly dont as I would not waste my time posting this crap here - and yes I only get the one vote - but good god this is unbearable to watch

Roll on 4 years 5 Months - lets hope a few people change their minds then after we have experienced personally how things have unfolded to that point

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #543 on July 01, 2020, 10:31:52 am by SydneyRover »
Too many people have switched off for many reasons Wolf which has allowed criminally self intested tw+ts like johnson to control the media and take the reins and too many people have been too ready to accept all his dumb rhetoric without appearing to understand the consequences.

I don't know what the answer is as it appears a large cohort were/are happy to call themselves conservatives and hitch themselves to this bandwagon for the self interested and give the finger to the rest of society.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #544 on July 01, 2020, 10:54:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Too many people have switched off for many reasons Wolf which has allowed criminally self intested tw+ts like johnson to control the media and take the reins and too many people have been too ready to accept all his dumb rhetoric without appearing to understand the consequences.

That's what they've relied on. Enough people just being bored of Brexit and just wanting to move on. That's why "Get Brexit Done" was a brilliant campaigning slogan. What it meant was, "Close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears and don't worry your little heads about it any more. It's done the job of getting Cummings into No10 and now you can forget about it."

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #545 on July 01, 2020, 11:54:32 am by Not Now Kato »

There were a lot of things known for certain prior to the vote.  It's just that people either ignored them or believed the lies that were being perpetrated by the leave campaigns!

The ROI/NI border is another classic example!

I genuinely wonder how many Brexiters have finally realised they've been mugged?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #546 on July 01, 2020, 12:12:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Course they've been mugged.

Brexit was only ever the vehicle to put Johnson in No10 as the monkey, and Cummings in No10 as the organ grinder.

Cummings was telling anyone who'd listen last year that his big plan was "Get Brexit done, then DARPA."

There was never a plan for what "getting Brexit done" meant. Never. Right from the start. It was just managed as something to break politics and open the door for the Johnson/Cummings team. The damage to the country is irrelevant in Cummings's view, so long as it lets him have his w**k fantasy of running a DARPA organisation. He's been hammering in about that for years in his blog.

Like I've been saying for years, he is a frighteningly dangerous obsessive. And you lot have given him control of the country.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #547 on July 01, 2020, 12:35:01 pm by selby »
  Well nice to see everyone is their normal happy persona this morning.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #548 on July 01, 2020, 01:00:03 pm by idler »
More than one journ will write a book Wolf, many will have all the notes and references catalogued ready to go.
If Boris Johnson write about it then it will probably be in the Fiction aisle.😳

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #549 on July 01, 2020, 03:15:20 pm by Donnywolf »
Any of you Brexiters fancy retiring to an EU country?  Plain sailing after all according to this....

https://twitter.com/archer_rs/status/1277505330885386240

There's a great sitcom in development there!

Bloody hell - bet they start campaigning for a Referendum on Friday morning

Im going to follow that fella as I want to see where that goes lol

The idiot son will be catching a plane tomorrow - I cant wait for the update.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #550 on July 01, 2020, 04:10:49 pm by wilts rover »
Just in case people missed it, midnight last night/this morning was the official cut-off date for the UK to ask the EU for an extension to discuss/implement the future trading and political arrangements now we have left the block.

So as it now stands the UK will have to accept whatever terms the EU offer - or see our trading arrangements for the countries that provide over 60% of the UK's trade default to much worse terms on 31st December 2020.

Does anyone know exactly when the German Car Industry are going to turn-up, just in case I have to go out like?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #551 on July 01, 2020, 04:42:50 pm by Not Now Kato »
I wonder if this 'promise' will materialise....

https://youtu.be/yIYq5xMW98I

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #552 on July 01, 2020, 10:54:02 pm by SydneyRover »
Para 4, this is what sales reps are taught and this is what people bought.

''We are pursuaded by reason but moved by emotion, several studies conclude that 90% of decisions we make are made on emotion''

https://westsidetoastmasters.com/resources/laws_persuasion/chap14.html

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #553 on July 02, 2020, 06:17:10 pm by selby »
  You don't have many joyous days you lot do you.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #554 on July 02, 2020, 08:27:42 pm by Not Now Kato »

I blame people who voted Leave and then voted Tory.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #555 on July 02, 2020, 08:45:45 pm by wilts rover »

Go on selby cheer us all up.

Tell us all how much better we are going to be on 31st December because...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #556 on July 02, 2020, 09:48:58 pm by selby »
Well, Wilts it is my birthday as well so two things to celebrate my 74th and I doubt that the country could be in a worse place than the day I came into it on the last day of 1946.
   Whether the present generations are up to the standard and ability to get things done and up and running that was about then though I have my doubts, some have certainly given the ghost up already havn't you?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:50:23 pm by selby »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #557 on July 02, 2020, 11:41:19 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Well, Wilts it is my birthday as well so two things to celebrate my 74th and I doubt that the country could be in a worse place than the day I came into it on the last day of 1946.
   Whether the present generations are up to the standard and ability to get things done and up and running that was about then though I have my doubts, some have certainly given the ghost up already havn't you?

And you accuse others of being a misery!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #558 on July 02, 2020, 11:42:12 pm by idler »
In 1946 the country was united though Selby. We are far from united now and probably won't be for years.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #559 on July 03, 2020, 02:07:06 pm by selby »
  Glyn, that generation did it, you lot have got to prove you can do it as well.
  Idler there are some on here that are going to have to get on board then if they want to flourish, if they put as much effort into getting on with things as they do moaning about everything that doesn't suit the way they want things to be they might achieve their goal of a flourishing country. I won't hold my breath though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 02:14:31 pm by selby »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #560 on July 03, 2020, 02:46:34 pm by idler »
The country was on a high though after winning a war and seeing peace for the first time in years. We had industry that had been going flat out for some time and an empire wanting our products and were one of the world's leading and most respected countries.
I personally don't think that we are anywhere near having the politicians to steer us on a path to security and regaining much respect in the world of today.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #561 on July 03, 2020, 03:04:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Idler there are some on here that are going to have to get on board then if they want to flourish, if they put as much effort into getting on with things as they do moaning about everything that doesn't suit the way they want things to be they might achieve their goal of a flourishing country. I won't hold my breath though.

The generation of 1946 had just finished fighting a real enemy that tried to destroy this country.

The generation of Brexit have self-inflicted it, so don't tell ME I've got to clear up after them.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #562 on July 03, 2020, 03:16:45 pm by Not Now Kato »

We're just waiting for the Brexiters to tell us what exactly they want us to get on with, selby.  They seem strangely quiet on that front, especially as they were supposed to know what they were voting for and hence what we should be doing to get it! No?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #563 on July 03, 2020, 03:25:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

We're just waiting for the Brexiters to tell us what exactly they want us to get on with, selby.  They seem strangely quiet on that front, especially as they were supposed to know what they were voting for and hence what we should be doing to get it! No?

You missed out the bit where it was all going to be 'sunny uplands' and not the shit selby is now telling us that it's down to us to climb out of.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #564 on July 03, 2020, 06:08:16 pm by selby »
 There is nothing like getting your excuses in before the event is there?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #565 on July 03, 2020, 06:49:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
There is nothing like getting your excuses in before the event is there?

It's a refreshing change for a Brexiter to admit we're now in the shit.

PS. What 'event' are you talking about?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:56:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #566 on July 03, 2020, 07:35:26 pm by selby »
  People on nights in January and February checking paperwork for lorries at the border in the cold.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #567 on July 03, 2020, 07:42:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  People on nights in January and February checking paperwork for lorries at the border in the cold.

You mean all the bureaucracy that I told everyone was going to happen? Only to get told I didn't know what I was talking about, or that it was 'Project Fear'. And Brexiters still voted for? Your mess, you clean it up.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #568 on July 03, 2020, 08:10:14 pm by Dagenham Rover »

You mean all the bureaucracy that I told everyone was going to happen? Only to get told I didn't know what I was talking about, or that it was 'Project Fear'. And Brexiters still voted for? Your mess, you clean it up.

I never said you didn't know what you were talking about. I just said there was no way you could be absolutely 100% sure,   your opinion based on your experience yes but you could not be  absolutely sure     ;) ;) ;)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #569 on July 03, 2020, 08:13:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I never said you didn't know what you were talking about. I just said there was no way you could be absolutely 100% sure,   your opinion based on your experience yes but you could not be  absolutely sure     ;) ;) ;)

I wasn't talking about you. I wasn't the other day as it happens.

Mind you, selby acknowledges what's going to happen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012