Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:43:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 25119 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #90 on January 05, 2022, 08:04:44 pm by roversdude »
And you sir are a WUM

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on January 05, 2022, 08:07:17 pm by roversdude »
Sorry what have you asked me to explain?
Your opinions are obviously right and everyone else is wrong

1) What, in your view, have the club done since selling Whiteman that suggests to you that we are moving forward and not planning for relegation.

What part of the clubs transfer policy/ squad depth are you defending and why?

What bit of what I said about other teams having injuries and us having no squad depth was drivel?

What makes you think we appropriately planned for the likely injuries ?

These are all questions I put to you that you haven’t bothered to respond to; you have managed to attempt to shoot me down for raising the points though.

The irony of you saying I raise concerns but no solutions is rather humorous when you defend a position but can’t bring your self to articulate why.

Sorry where did you pose these questions?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 05, 2022, 08:12:40 pm by aidanstu »
Sorry what have you asked me to explain?
Your opinions are obviously right and everyone else is wrong

1) What, in your view, have the club done since selling Whiteman that suggests to you that we are moving forward and not planning for relegation.

What part of the clubs transfer policy/ squad depth are you defending and why?

What bit of what I said about other teams having injuries and us having no squad depth was drivel?

What makes you think we appropriately planned for the likely injuries ?

These are all questions I put to you that you haven’t bothered to respond to; you have managed to attempt to shoot me down for raising the points though.

The irony of you saying I raise concerns but no solutions is rather humorous when you defend a position but can’t bring your self to articulate why.

Sorry where did you pose these questions?

I give up seriously. Trying to have a reasoned debate in this forum is pointless.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on January 05, 2022, 09:08:05 pm by ravenrover »
Well I'm seriously  telling you I don't know
Well as a guide Salary Sport has Marquis on 5.2k per week and O’Brien on 6.5.
That site looks about as accurate as Wikipedia.
"Every club has injuries, we just didn't plan for them" what utter drivel

That why I said use it as a guide; which bit is drivel; the fact that other clubs have injuries or the fact we didn’t plan for them?

Show a club without injuries and try convincing anyone we don’t have any sort of strength in depth.
The drivel is how you plan for the number of injuries we have had at any one time this season. Do you ecpect a club of our size to have ready made , seaspned pro replacements for every position? Yes a certain amount of pre planning will go into cover for several potential injuries but not to the scale we have had..Now you you bring up strenth in depth into the thread
So you are happy to quote figures from a 2 bit site when guessing wages? And you accuse others of trolling!

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 05, 2022, 09:38:47 pm by Branton Red »
Yep CBCB I'd say 3-4 decent-good signings in 18 months Fej, Taylor (not on your list but if memory serves signed under Moore), Butler though only as a stop gap and potentially John we'll see how he develops. The rest tosh.

Meanwhile he released or allowed contracts to run down: Watters, Blair, May, Sadlier, Halliday, James, Wright amongst others. What we couldn't do with all these players right now.

Taylor was lined up by McCann, same with Sheaf. Moore just OK'd that he'd still take them.

Ok cheers I didn't know that so just 2-3 decent signings in 18 months then

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 05, 2022, 09:46:09 pm by Branton Red »
Yep CBCB I'd say 3-4 decent-good signings in 18 months Fej, Taylor (not on your list but if memory serves signed under Moore), Butler though only as a stop gap and potentially John we'll see how he develops. The rest tosh.

Meanwhile he released or allowed contracts to run down: Watters, Blair, May, Sadlier, Halliday, James, Wright amongst others. What we couldn't do with all these players right now.

I'm sorry but it is simply ridiculous to blame Moore for the loss of Sadlier, Halliday, James and Wright.

There are plenty of things to criticise him for, but it gets silly when we are blaming him for players choosing to leave the club at the end of their contracts.

I'm not blaming him for players choosing to leave once their contracts ended I'm saying he allowed their contracts to run down i.e. made zero attempt to extend these players contracts, as far as I'm aware someone may correct me, well in advance say the summer before. A good manager would have recognised that the back 4 were working together excellently, a good defence being the basis for any good team, yet only Anderson's contract was extended that previous summer (I'd expect the highest paid of the 4). Same argument with Sadlier.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on January 05, 2022, 10:21:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I'm sorry but it is simply ridiculous to blame Moore for the loss of Sadlier, Halliday, James and Wright.

There are plenty of things to criticise him for, but it gets silly when we are blaming him for players choosing to leave the club at the end of their contracts.

I'm not blaming him for players choosing to leave once their contracts ended I'm saying he allowed their contracts to run down i.e. made zero attempt to extend these players contracts, as far as I'm aware someone may correct me, well in advance say the summer before. A good manager would have recognised that the back 4 were working together excellently, a good defence being the basis for any good team, yet only Anderson's contract was extended that previous summer (I'd expect the highest paid of the 4). Same argument with Sadlier.

Saddler wouldn't have signed any earlier either. He wanted a crack at the Championship and both he and his agent wanted to keep his options open and wouldn't sign the contract renewal he was offered. No problems with that. The only way he would perhaps have stayed is if we had achieved promotion, and he and his agent could have negotiated improved terms.

Not losing any sleep over Halliday or Wright either. The only one who we would've like to stay on was James but like Sadlier, he rightly wanted a crack at the Championship and he said that explicitly, saying if he hadn't got an offer from a Championship club he would've re‐ signed.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on January 07, 2022, 03:18:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I heard that Sadlier wanted to stay but the offer made to him was very poor.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on January 07, 2022, 03:23:08 pm by MachoMadness »
Whenever this thread gets bumped I think he's been sacked. I am surprised he's still in a job there tbh.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on January 07, 2022, 03:27:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
Can't be too much longer. He's only won 1 in the last 5 league games and that was against Crewe. They are six points from the play offs and have no games in hand and a much poorer goal difference. His next three league games are Plymouth (6th), Oxford (5th) and Ipswich (11th). He could well be gone by the end of that run.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 29, 2024, 02:03:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
Sacked by Huddersfield Town.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on January 29, 2024, 02:12:20 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Oh dear. He must have lost that ‘little black book’ on his way from Sheffield to Huddersfield.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on January 29, 2024, 02:34:17 pm by belton rover »
He’s finally paid the pelanty for being crap.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on January 29, 2024, 05:17:32 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
and my revenue stream has sadly come to an end

Since he got the job I have persistently laid a 'Uddersfield win (knowing it would be a collectors item) and would have continued until the cows came home - and they finally have !   Could say I have been milking the bookmakers.

I have always liked them so now with my bank manageress's blessing I now hope they stay up. I was getting worried when they signed some good players (at least on paper) in the last week or so.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on January 29, 2024, 06:56:32 pm by roverstillidie91 »
and my revenue stream has sadly come to an end

Since he got the job I have persistently laid a 'Uddersfield win (knowing it would be a collectors item) and would have continued until the cows came home - and they finally have !   Could say I have been milking the bookmakers.

I have always liked them so now with my bank manageress's blessing I now hope they stay up. I was getting worried when they signed some good players (at least on paper) in the last week or so.
I personally think they'll drop out of the Championship this season. The parachute payments have now dried up and they are just a mid table fodder who with some suspect recruitment will most likely fall back into league one.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on January 29, 2024, 07:59:49 pm by Goole Rover »
Have him back in a heartbeat.
Well I suppose we haven’t got a decent forward to give away if he did return.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on January 29, 2024, 08:01:28 pm by Goole Rover »
Wouldn’t want him back.  I felt things started to go down hill before he left and the Owls were a get out for him
Spot on mate.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on January 29, 2024, 08:07:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
He had us in a very good place and even though last few games dropped off, we were top 7 in League One. Look now.

He was setting us up to fail though with his reliance on loans rather than building a squad.

Still cannot believe that summer window 2021. Whatever the budget available that was likely point we killed ourselves. What a circus act.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on January 29, 2024, 09:10:32 pm by The Beast »
Funny how he gets dog’s abuse on here, last decent manager we had!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 29, 2024, 09:20:13 pm by PDX_Rover »
Let’s face it, until GM the bar wasn’t exactly high

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on January 29, 2024, 09:23:35 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He deserves respect for the player he was for us. He did what he could while here. People rarely leave without leaving a bad taste in the mouth.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on January 29, 2024, 09:52:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He had us in a very good place and even though last few games dropped off, we were top 7 in League One. Look now.

He was setting us up to fail though with his reliance on loans rather than building a squad.

Still cannot believe that summer window 2021. Whatever the budget available that was likely point we killed ourselves. What a circus act.

Yeah lots of points where we’ve failed and made bad decisions but the decision to preform austerity on steroids with the playing squad set in motion a death spiral.

Yes the club was gutted by Moore just signing loans, was that a symptom of the austerity?, but that we needed a whole rebuild made it even dafter to cut everything.

Know there was a lot of talk at the time about if funding was cut or just poorly spent but the evidence looking back at it is clear.

Think someone thought clubs would be struggling or going bust after Covid but so many just doubled down instead. Football isn’t about financial logic and never has been

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 29, 2024, 10:02:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
This is a good analysis. Caveat being that if Terry didn’t want to put more money in to the club, he didn’t have to and nobody should have begrudged him of that - but whatever the cause or thinking, we are where we are because of terrible decisions by the club for 3-4 years running. At every step, they have made wrong call after wrong call. Yes at times the support has been unhelpful (Harrogate away last season) but it’s not been anywhere near as bad as other clubs in same situation. I think as much as praising the progress that has been made since 1998, decisions taken by owners and management last few years have been terrible and this current disaster is 100pc on them.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on January 30, 2024, 12:25:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Moore made 9 loan signings in 19/20, including two that we signed permanently. They made a total of 108 league starts. 12 starts each on average.

He made 10 loan signings in 20/21. Three of those were goalkeepers because of a string of injuries. They made 135 starts between them. 13.5 each on average.

In 21/22, Wellens and McSheffrey made 8 loan signings who made 137 appearances. 17 each on average.

This year, with extra investment in the squad, we have already made 8 loan signings. They have made 47 starts. 6 each on average, and we are going to see a lot more of them.

Moore wasn't so different, and I suspect many other clubs in L1 and 2 are similar. I think there are people who just raise this issue to beat Moore with it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 12:37:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on February 13, 2024, 03:52:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
Appointed manager of Port Vale, currently in League One drop zone.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 13, 2024, 03:56:59 pm by Nudga »
5 and a half years deal.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on February 13, 2024, 03:57:59 pm by Wild Rover »
On 5 year deal. Guess Hudds must be paying most of salary.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on February 13, 2024, 03:59:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
There must be so many clauses in there that are favourably to the club. Nobody outside the top 6 in the EPL would agree to anything like that otherwise.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on February 13, 2024, 04:16:11 pm by roversdude »
Good luck PV

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on February 13, 2024, 06:19:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
funny that   :sick: Port vale came to my attention when they signed 3 loan players from premiership clubs
---------------------------------------------------
9 January Jensen Weir [Brighton - Port Vale] Loan
-------------------------------------
16 January Rhys Williams [Liverpool - Port Vale] Loan
Williams, 22, made 19 appearances in Liverpool's injury-hit 2020-21 Premier League and Champions League campaign.
----------------------------------
23 January  Dan Gore [Manchester United - Port Vale] Loan
Gore, 19, has made two United's first-team appearances, his only Premier League appearance having come in the Boxing Day win over Aston Villa.

He won the FA Youth Cup with United in 2022 and was last season named as their reserve team player of the year.

then i saw this

Robbie Williams becomes Club President
3 February 2024

in the last week we had  a story about Robbie Williams taking over the club ----

this has been denied

now we have an appointment that  surely demands a visit from the men in white coats

it seems Moore will be making "moore" loans if he finds his little black book

TinyPortal © 2005-2012