Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:28:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: can we stay up next year??  (Read 3727 times)

steve72

• Forum Member
Re: can we stay up next year??
« Reply #30 on May 19, 2013, 04:54:49 pm by steve72 »
I suppose the bookmakers are fishing aswell then as they have you down as bankers for the drop. Ask any proper Championship fan and i bet 9/10 times you will find that Doncaster will make up the bottom 3.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pubteam

« Reply #31 on May 19, 2013, 04:56:57 pm by pubteam »
I suppose the bookmakers are fishing aswell then as they have you down as bankers for the drop. Ask any proper Championship fan and i bet 9/10 times yo will find that Doncaster will make p the bottom 3.

All I'm saying is its too early to realistically predict, whoever you are.

One of the reasons you cited is that we have a poor squad, but only 7 of the current squad are contracted for next year, and you don't have a clue who we're going to bring in. That's why I say it's too early.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 19, 2013, 05:06:20 pm by wilts rover »
You have no chance of staying up.

Blackpool
Donny
Yeovl

Paul Ince is a shocking manager. and will recruit rubbish players.MK have first hand knowledge of this. Both you and Yeovil have the smallest budgets and very weak squads.

Yes fully agree with you, in fact I can see every club tonking us 5 or 6 - 0 each week, its hardly worthwhile sending your first team out you may as well play the reserves against the little pub teams.......

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 19, 2013, 05:06:43 pm by Woodhead Passer »
I suppose the bookmakers are fishing aswell then as they have you down as bankers for the drop. Ask any proper Championship fan and i bet 9/10 times you will find that Doncaster will make up the bottom 3.

And so we should be favourites to go down! With a small fan base and not much spending money it doesn't surprise any Rovers fan that we're fav's to get relegated.

However, we've defied the odds for seasons. When we were in the old Div 3, we were favourites to be relegated, and won the league. Managed to stabilise in League One where we were also favourites to go down. We were massive underdogs against leeds at wembley, and favourites for the drop every season in the championship, and managed to stay up for 3 out of 4 of them.

So does it matter what the bookies say? Nothing to me anyway! I won't believe we're relegated until it actually happens! We have surprised a lot of people over the years, and I feel that will continue!  :scarf:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 19, 2013, 05:11:56 pm by DonnyNoel »
You have no chance of staying up.

Blackpool
Donny
Yeovl

Paul Ince is a shocking manager. and will recruit rubbish players.MK have first hand knowledge of this. Both you and Yeovil have the smallest budgets and very weak squads.

As many have pointed out, its too early to say. However even taking those at face value, I do think the recent trend of a big club getting relegated into L1 will continue. I also think Burnley will struggle if they lose Austin.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 19, 2013, 06:04:40 pm by RedJ »
Isn't this guy that Brighton fan who was giving it large last season on here?

Don't worry mate, we'll see you next season :) and the one after! never know, you might just get to Wembley where you can f**k it up there too :)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 19, 2013, 06:16:28 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Isn't this guy that Brighton fan who was giving it large last season on here?

Don't worry mate, we'll see you next season :) and the one after! never know, you might just get to Wembley where you can f**k it up there too :)

Yep, he's the one. Wonder if he's still defending Dunk? Must be pricey all that driving to the Old Bailey.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 19, 2013, 06:22:45 pm by Jonathan »
Of course we can stay up, but it's certainly going to be a struggle.

The Championship is a very tough league and probably just beyond our natural level so we'll have to over achieve to stay in it. Last time we got promoted to this division there was clearly a lot more quality in the squad (Mills, Wellens, Stock etc.). We don't currently have anything to match that but, with the right recruitment, we can be competitive and if we end up finishing 21st or above everyone should be delighted.

Expecting anything more would be setting ourselves up for a fall.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 06, 2013, 03:19:45 pm by bfdoncaster west »
I think 18 is good

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 06, 2013, 03:29:38 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
I love these threads, its always the same, "all we need is...."

- Top Keeper
- Pacey strong aerially dominant CB