Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:59:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our Community values  (Read 1616 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Our Community values
« on June 06, 2013, 08:45:40 pm by graingrover »
The way our Chairman , Dick Watson, Terry Bramall, and our Chief Executive are steering this club is heart warming .
        Top flight football has become super rich in financial terms and bankrupt in moral and sporting values.
         This time last year Hazard"s football agent was paid £ 6 million to negotiate the player's move to Chelsea. That was more than our total wage bill at the time.
While Chelsea dispose of yet another Manager and their fans drool over the millions about to be disbursed again by Mourinho we quietly go about building our club on sound financial values and super sound social and community values. I am proud to call myself a suporter of this club . Our owners' commitment to the community and our IRWT initiatives are like havens of  good in a sea of corruption .
            The way our fans and the public in general has got behind the Belles in the recent scandal is as much a condemnation of the cynical and unsporting governance of the FA as it is a natural tendency for us to support the underdog.   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Our Community values
« Reply #1 on June 06, 2013, 08:55:07 pm by RobTheRover »
I suspect many fans feel this way, Brian, and your post will strike a chord with them.

The IRWT project has been a fantastic success.  Our club was seemingly drifting away from our core values, but now it is right back on track.  Through this success, DRFC is now held up as a model of how fan engagement should be done.  We are not saying everything is rosy and there is nothing more to do, far from it, but the strides this club has taken in such a short period of time is nothing short of phenomenal.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 06, 2013, 09:10:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well said.

For the vast majority of JR's reign I believe we've done things pretty much in 'the right way'. More recently we may have lost our way a bit and not done things as well as could have been done, although I'm sure the objectives were the same.

Once again, listening to Gavin Baldwin last night, made me think that it took an 'outsider' to remind the people at the club what we are about and how we should be doing business. It is clear, that his philosophy is the fans are the heart of what this club is all about. 

I was encouraged to hear that Paul Dickov wants to get out in to the community together with the players, to build longer term relationships. Not just with token gestures, but revisiting and meeting the same people and places.   

I'm convinced the club will now move forward to increase turnover and revenue and if there's potential out there then Gavin will try to maximise it.

I've always thought the footballing gods eventually smile on those who do it right and those who are patient. Fingers crossed, if Mr Dickov & co manage to mix the ingredients well, we will encourage a few more people back to the KM and things could really snowball.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 06, 2013, 09:36:13 pm by Al4475 »
Gavin Baldwin - quite possibly our most important non-playing/coaching signing since JR!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 06, 2013, 09:48:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Gavin Baldwin - quite possibly our most important non-playing/coaching signing since JR!

Well said that man!!

thought about putting hear hear or here  here or even ear ear  :whistle:

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 06, 2013, 10:06:43 pm by colincramb »
Yeah echo all that. Very positive about this season and the future of our great club. Just hope we get the backing of the public in the years ahead that we deserve. The potential catchment area is huge, if we get everyone pulling in the right direction.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 07, 2013, 12:35:34 am by jonnydog »

Totally agree, he's been amazing for us. How long do we reckon a top flight club might swan in an offer him a job and steal him away?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 07, 2013, 09:54:26 am by colincramb »
As stated I'm very positive about everything taking place at the club, however I think by offering a cheaper season ticket, in say the south stand we would be truly reaching out to the community. There is still a large number of fans alienated by the cost. Just my opinion in regards to community values.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 07, 2013, 09:56:13 am by colincramb »
just to add, I think the child ST are excellent value. It's the adult price that needs targeting

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 07, 2013, 12:36:15 pm by jonnydog »
I manage several autistic units in Doncaster and know there are several of the Service Users who would love a ST, but cannot afford the full fee, plus there's the issue of carers supporting them whilst attending games.

I have been privileged to take a group to a few home games when I worked more on the shop floor and they loved it however, there was no reduced rate even for a single match ticket - for both Service Users and support workers. With the amount of similar Learning Disability organisations across the borough if some kind of reduction was offered for something like this I'm confident of quite a few ST's being purchased. Not just at our place, but across Doncaster.

... and just for the record, everytime I took the group, Rovers won!!! 3 games on bounce ;)

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 07, 2013, 08:15:33 pm by Al4475 »
Gavin will be gone as soon as he feels he's done his bit to the max - that how he operates and that's why his CV reads like it does - no wrong choices there! My Wife has worked with him until his appointment at Rovers for years!

Enjoy him while we've got him and he'll have everything running cosey and ready for someone else fully briefed) to follow him as and when the time comes!

A top bloke and a very succesful one!   

A brilliant operator wherever he's been and at the moment he's with DRFC - Bangin! :scarf:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 07, 2013, 08:31:42 pm by graingrover »
If that assessment proves to be right then no doubt Gavin will by then have developed a quality team throughout the departments . Developing a culture , growing the team , leaving a viable legacy behind you is the mark of a top manager ,that I am sure Gavin is.   

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 07, 2013, 11:03:19 pm by Al4475 »
Yep Graing - that's what'll happen! We're lucky to have him! Things will be in place for quite a while with his input - of that you can be assured!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012