Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:18:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Embarrassing  (Read 5882 times)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Embarrassing
« Reply #30 on January 29, 2020, 11:19:06 am by keith79 »
I like the fact people who are sat at home are moaning about the people who went.  Unbelievable.

You’re spot on Keith. Fans who travel home and away and never miss matches stay at home for one game - in my case due to having my leg in a cast - and we lose our right to views and opinions.

Get a grip!
neither do I. Get a grip. If people want to moan let them moan.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 29, 2020, 12:34:54 pm by RoversAlias »
I like the fact people who are sat at home are moaning about the people who went.  Unbelievable.

This was the first home league game I've missed all season. Couldn't get there midweek from 120 miles away. Paid £10 to spend the evening watching the game on my television.

The only other two people who have posted in here that weren't at the game were CiM, who as he says isn't in the country, and BST, who was away with work and most definitely attends usually. Several others in here have indicated they noticed the same things from being at the match.

So I'm not sure what your point is.
maybe people who go should sit in silence for the risk upsetting  you.

What are you on about?

All I've said on this thread is that I find the negativity frustrating. Not sure why that offends you so much.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 29, 2020, 12:43:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

You’re spot on Keith. Fans who travel home and away and never miss matches stay at home for one game - in my case due to having my leg in a cast - and we lose our right to views and opinions.

Get a grip!

People have a right to moan.

Equally, people have a right to point out that people who moan at a match like last night's are bell-ends.

I do find it interesting how many people who demand the right to moan about others' shortcomings then get upset when folk point out THEIR shortcomings.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 29, 2020, 01:01:59 pm by 5 on Tour »

Get a grip!

I have no literally no idea what you are going on about now...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 29, 2020, 01:10:08 pm by selby »
  I sit directly in front of the camera stand, I would say it is the same fella shouting , he sits just a few rows down in front of me with a couple of his mates.
  He is a great supporter, enthusiastic get's carried away, loves the game to bits and has every right to shout and support his team as he sees it.
  He loved Alfie May, and nobody on here vocally encouraged Alfie more than he did, and he never misses a home game.
  So his vision of how the game is played is different to some of the touchline internationals that post on here, just give it a break, and try and enjoy the game as much as he does, your missing out. The OP is more embarrassing.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 29, 2020, 01:14:30 pm by colfromdonny »
100% correct Brian

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 29, 2020, 04:07:17 pm by mjg »
Passing the ball across your 6 yard box all the time is a bit silly , I think the crowd are frustrated with the mistakes being made by passing the ball back and forth the the keeper , Hence the crowd panicking and shouting get it forward so they can relax for a bit mistake free

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 29, 2020, 04:09:47 pm by IDM »
There are far more times that a mistake isn’t made, than is.

Sometimes a forward pass isn’t “on” due to the players not being in the right place to receive one, or the opposition player positions.

Keeping the ball is important, even if not exciting to watch..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:22:32 pm by IDM »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 29, 2020, 04:13:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's only silly if a mistake is made. Passing the ball out is not silly trying to draw the opposition out. The key for all players is making that risk assessment. The more they practice, the better they will get.

I don't think DM will be changing the strategy any time soon.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 29, 2020, 04:18:36 pm by Al4475 »
I distinctly remember the pass and move under SO'D v QPR that made it's way onto YouTube (you know the one I'm sure) and I said to my Mrs at the time - 'just look at this - this is how you play football, keep possession and they can't get near us' and people all around me (in the West stand that day) were booing and shouting 'gerrit forward, bust it' etc etc. I was gobsmacked - it was a wonderful passage of play that nearly resulted in a great team goal! Sometimes some people don't understand fully what they're watching I think.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 29, 2020, 04:23:11 pm by IDM »
And the one at Leeds where Sharp eventually scored..

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 29, 2020, 04:24:04 pm by Al4475 »
Yep that one too - but the Qpr one sticks in my mind - I thought it was utterly breathtaking!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 29, 2020, 04:40:56 pm by drfchound »
Just lumping the ball forward all too often results in it coming straight back at us anyway.
As has been said, keeping the ball is very important and even when it is being passed across the back four or back to the keeper it is being done with a purpose, not just for the sake of it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 29, 2020, 05:12:32 pm by roversdude »
If it was around the time the Southend fans were singing about a library it definitely wasn’t foreword that was shouted lol

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 29, 2020, 05:36:39 pm by mattco »
I see the, positives in playing out from the back and in passing backwards / sideways to keep possession. What I do complain about is playing suicide passes in our own goal area which immediately put us under ridiculous pressure. A bit more commonsense from Dieng (whom I rate highly) would reduce a lot of the complaining from the crowd.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 29, 2020, 06:40:01 pm by mjg »
Well said that man

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 29, 2020, 06:51:08 pm by Al4475 »
There's a time and a place for it all - the good teams choose the right options for the type of game, how the game is balanced, how the time is running down etc etc.

The ones that are not quite so good don't - simple!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 29, 2020, 06:56:58 pm by i_ateallthepies »
There's a time and a place for it all - the good teams choose the right options for the type of game, how the game is balanced, how the time is running down etc etc.

The ones that are not quite so good don't - simple!

:that:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 29, 2020, 07:06:47 pm by drfchound »
We can’t be so bad at it ourselves.
Second fewest goals conceded in the division and only two of them as a direct result of playing out from the back.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 29, 2020, 07:26:54 pm by mjg »
Because the opposition is rubbish

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 29, 2020, 07:29:12 pm by drfchound »
But it is the same opposition that all the other teams in the division play against too.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 29, 2020, 07:41:39 pm by scawsby steve »
We can’t be so bad at it ourselves.
Second fewest goals conceded in the division and only two of them as a direct result of playing out from the back.

One was the penalty Daniels gave away against Burton. What was the other one mate? I can't remember.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012