Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:58:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Renewing season Ticket Queue  (Read 2164 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Renewing season Ticket Queue
« on March 25, 2011, 05:15:13 pm by deebee »
Went to renew my season ticket today and was met by a queue. Good you might say people are renewing. But what was taking so long to be served was that some plonkers at the front had turned up without filling thier forms in and were stood there filling them in at the window keeping everyone else waiting. Now every season ticket holder will have recieved the letter with the form in one chap behind me even had it in his pocket but still hadn't filled it in and went and got another form when he heard me moaning. The point is this if you are going to get your ticket fill the ruddy form in before you go check that you have your current season ticket and you will be in and out in 3 mins like I was when it was my turn.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chrisd_123

Re: Renewing season Ticket Queue
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2011, 05:33:44 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Am i wrong in thinking that it wont be just renewals who have been buying ST's too? Hopefully the queues are a good sign as new season ticket holders may not have had a form sent to them already so had to go in to find out how to buy? could be wrong like but surely a big queue is a good sign. Although on the point of the people who have the forms but dont fill them in til they get there, that's annoying.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2011, 05:58:34 pm by RedJ »
Well I've lost my booklet, so when I go for mine, I'll have no choice but to fill it in on the day. I wonder, would they let me just go to the front to fill it in while serving others and then I join the back?

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2011, 06:06:50 pm by DN8ROVER »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=147890
Well I've lost my booklet, so when I go for mine, I'll have no choice but to fill it in on the day. I wonder, would they let me just go to the front to fill it in while serving others and then I join the back?

You can download your appliacation form here

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10329,00.html

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2011, 06:34:15 pm by RedJ »
Thanks, I'll just have to find a mate who's got a printer :laugh: might just pop in and grab one before I go to buy it so as to not get in t'way.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2011, 07:33:43 pm by Jimmydee »
I was passing the ground today and I decided to renew my ticket whilst I was there, I didn't have my form with me at the time and I was one of those that was filling in the form when I was queueing. I managed to complete my form before I got to the window so that you organised queuers wouldn't be too upset.
However, I forgot my bloody pin number to my credit card and I held the queue up whilst I called the wife to inform me of the number.
So I am sorry Mr. (organised 3minute) Deebee, but you shouldn't have left it till the last day to be queueing with peaople like me.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2011, 07:40:08 pm by idler »
:laugh: :laugh:
If I was in the ticket office though and was having a problem with forms not completed I would have asked someone who wasn't busy to inform people queueing that time could be saved by filling in the form before reaching the window.
Even put a notice up where the queue was letting people know just what was required. Maybe a lot just weren't expecting a long queue.:scarf:

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2011, 07:43:49 pm by DonnyRTID »
You let your wife know your pin!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2011, 07:53:00 pm by Jimmydee »
Even better, she has allowed me 'the use of'.
She hates football but has to put up with it because the Rovers were part of My life before she came along.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2011, 08:06:03 pm by sha66y »
as an established \"glutton for punishment\" for the last 15 years, i am gob-smacked that i have to keep renewing by filling out the same form every year, i sit in the same place and have no intention of moving, i must surely be on the \"data-base\" so would much prefer to walk into the ticket office , hand them my book and a wedge of cash and just say \"same again love\"

the only time i need to fill in a crappy bloody form is :

if i change seats
if i change address
if i suddenly become a lot younger

none of the above will happen soon, so stop making me repeat perform the form filling task annualy.................... cheers

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 25, 2011, 08:22:13 pm by mushRTID »
My dad was one of the 'plonkers'  filling in a form. He wasn't renewing he was a new season ticket holder who never had a form so think you might be wide of the mark with your assumptions here.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 25, 2011, 09:01:06 pm by Berkshire Rover »
I hope you scouted your Dad Mush!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 25, 2011, 09:18:56 pm by vaya »
Have to agree with the OP. It took me three minutes to actually renew my ticket, but 20 minutes waiting behind people filling their forms in. As most of them were clutching tickets, then presumably they were existing holders and have gone through the procedure at least once. Not rocket science surely?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2011, 09:32:28 am by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=147934
I hope you scouted your Dad Mush!

certainly did!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2011, 12:41:59 pm by deebee »
I had no problem with people filling forms in when they got there. There were plenty around the place with pens. In fact a few were collecting forms standing to one side , filling out the form and then getting in the queue. It was the ones queueing all the way to the window and then deciding to fill the form out.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2011, 01:09:13 pm by RedJ »
The only time I've ever done that is the first time I renewed at the Keepmoat, and the only reason I did it then was because there was no one else in the TO.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2011, 02:01:11 pm by rover-n-out »
Spoke to Jacqui today who works in the T/O as she came in our shop. She said yesterday was manic from start to finish. I asked how many S/T's we had sold, and she estimated just short of 3,000 in total.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012