Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:07:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Replacement for Rob Jones  (Read 4325 times)

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
Replacement for Rob Jones
« on November 06, 2013, 11:52:29 am by donnygeoff »
So It is now official. Rob Jones is out for up to 8 weeks. So what are the options. Do we have enough cover?  Do we need an experienced CB on loan. With 11 goals conceded in the last three games and Robs absence going into the New a Year in my opinion the answer is yes. This could well effect the re loaning of Macheda. Hands in pockets comes to mind :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
Re: Replacement for Rob Jones
« Reply #1 on November 06, 2013, 12:14:48 pm by Belle_Vue »
Defence looks even more shakey

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 06, 2013, 12:17:30 pm by silent majority »
The club have always confirmed that they have funds for emergency loans, so it looks like its time to use them.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 06, 2013, 12:20:26 pm by GazLaz »
This could be a blessing in disguise if a quality replacement is found. Jones is not great in this division.

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 06, 2013, 12:22:59 pm by donnygeoff »
Let's hope so Silent. Fans will be expecting a reaction from the club in bringing in a replacement The next three matches are all winnable.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 06, 2013, 12:24:55 pm by ravenrover »
What about Quinn playing that position? I seem to recall he's done alright in the past when pulled into there as an emergency CB. JMHO

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 06, 2013, 12:30:17 pm by Donnyjim »
George Friend on loan?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 06, 2013, 12:31:57 pm by DRNaith »
George Friend on loan?

Isn't he back to playing at left back?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 06, 2013, 01:02:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What about Quinn playing that position? I seem to recall he's done alright in the past when pulled into there as an emergency CB. JMHO

Totally agree with that. Would have him along Khumalo and with Korean lad and Griffin (or McCullagh) at full backs. (although PD will probably stick with Wabara).

Get Jones in on the coaching and drill them over and over again before Saturdays match.

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 06, 2013, 03:18:04 pm by vietaff »
So It is now official. Rob Jones is out for up to 8 weeks. So what are the options. Do we have enough cover?  Do we need an experienced CB on loan. With 11 goals conceded in the last three games and Robs absence going into the New a Year in my opinion the answer is yes. This could well effect the re loaning of Macheda. Hands in pockets comes to mind :rtid:

There's an unattached player at the minute, who  would be a great short term signing, bags of experience and wouldn't cost anything and possibly a small wage every week to enable him to be put in the 'shop window' whilst playing for DRFC.....Titus Bramble.

Had his knockers but as I say hat experience he has would put him in good stead

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 06, 2013, 03:32:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
This could be a blessing in disguise if a quality replacement is found. Jones is not great in this division.

But his organisational qualities will be missed. Last Saturday Khumalo looked lost without him, but with a two week international break the club will not spend money on a replacement yet, so it's Quinn, McCullough or Wakefield to step in, then we will see what we are missing with Rob Jones.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:39:38 pm by steve@dcfd »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 06, 2013, 03:47:01 pm by RedJ »

There's an unattached player at the minute, who  would be a great short term signing, bags of experience and wouldn't cost anything and possibly a small wage every week to enable him to be put in the 'shop window' whilst playing for DRFC.....Titus Bramble.

While I'd agree he'd never sign.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 06, 2013, 04:10:44 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We need someone. At the minute Barnsley are huge favourites for the game on Saturday.

I don't expect to see anyone in until the Yeovil game.

Shame Blackburn threw silly money at Spurr.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 06, 2013, 04:27:23 pm by goalkick »
Can see us ending up with harper on the bench on sat.having great difficulty visualising the line up.but can only hope for a miracle happening.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 06, 2013, 04:58:32 pm by newyankee »
Good idea RedJ, I've just checked and he is still without a club. Could be good for a two/three month short trerm contract.

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 06, 2013, 05:06:41 pm by colin cramb »

Titus Bramble is the worst footballer ive EVER seen, give your head a wobble

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 06, 2013, 05:10:35 pm by RedJ »
Did you never see Dennis Souza? Harry Worley? Ameobi? he's not as bad as you're making out, give your head a wobble.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 06, 2013, 05:11:14 pm by acacia94 »
There seems to be quite a bit of '...gives us a chance of getting a good CB in on loan then' type of attitude here – This is a serious blow to the season and how anyone could possibly think we'll easily fill those boots is deranged. We'll cobble something together of course but I'm thinking the worst here on what has already been not a great month.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 06, 2013, 05:15:48 pm by grayx »
/quote]

Titus Bramble is the worst footballer ive EVER seen, give your head a wobble
[/quote]

Hes not the greatest defender I've seen, but its not as daft a shout as you may think. Defo got the experience as possibly affordable?

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 06, 2013, 05:41:52 pm by newyankee »

A loan possibility, could be Boyarta from Man City, twenty three year old Belgian who could posssibly benefit from continued game time in the Championship. They already like what we've done with Wabara.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 06, 2013, 05:48:17 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't know what we've done with Wabara. We certainly haven't turned him into a defender!  ;)

I see Crewe's manager is looking for a loan striker and mentioned Billy Paynter by name. One in and one out? Mind you, it would depend on Robinson being fit and/or Macheda coming back to us. Otherwise our striking options would be Brown and, er, Brown!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 06, 2013, 05:58:34 pm by steve@dcfd »
I don't know what we've done with Wabara. We certainly haven't turned him into a defender!  ;)

I see Crewe's manager is looking for a loan striker and mentioned Billy Paynter by name. One in and one out? Mind you, it would depend on Robinson being fit and/or Macheda coming back to us. Otherwise our striking options would be Brown and, er, Brown!

Sorry we need all the strikers we got, if Paynter goes we have lost him for 28 days at least, maybe into January. The club should not be thinking one in one out we will need all the squad after the last day in November until the transfer window opens.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 06, 2013, 06:09:15 pm by steve@dcfd »

A loan possibility, could be Boyarta from Man City, twenty three year old Belgian who could posssibly benefit from continued game time in the Championship. They already like what we've done with Wabara.

Boyata is in Man City's 25 man premiership squad so that will be a no go I think.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 06, 2013, 06:18:41 pm by newyankee »

I know he has played in League Cup games, but that was last year, I don't think he has played this year.  Just looked and he has not played at senior level this year. Has already had loaan spells with Bolton and last season, FC Twente, so may be a possibility.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 06, 2013, 08:06:17 pm by Donnybax »
We dont just need one player we need at least 1 defender and 1 striker. One of the reasons Dickov was appointed was because of his great contacts whens he going to start using them?! Im guessing his contacts are man city and so far weve got wabara. What a pile of shite

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 06, 2013, 09:41:17 pm by steve@dcfd »
Donnybax in your words if he is a bag of shite what other players can our owners afford. If you want more then we need owners who will push the boat out for our club and allow PD to sign better players not just loanees. They tried short term contracts before did not work now they are filling our team with loan players, why, because they cannot afford to go further.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 07, 2013, 02:42:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Titus Bramble is a similar player to Martis,in that he can play well most of the game,then for no reason lose concentration,personally i'd like to see how McCullough does for a few games,striker is a massive problem at the minute,i think him or Paul Quinn can fill in for now at the back.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 07, 2013, 07:52:05 am by Donnyrovers »

Not a chance of getting him silly shout he's in and around there first team squad. And he has played this season he played only last week at Newcastle in the cup.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 07, 2013, 08:25:13 am by roverssam1879 »

Cant be any worse that he is playing right back.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 07, 2013, 08:38:47 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
George Friend on loan?

We could do with a Championship quality player who isn't injured really!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012