Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:17:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Replacement for Fergie?  (Read 6303 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Replacement for Fergie?
« on September 17, 2017, 06:49:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm in the "Fergie in" camp so I want him to stay for at least 15 games and this isn't one of threads where I say there isn't anyone to replace him, just wonder who people would want? Justin Edinburgh?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Replacement for Fergie?
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2017, 06:52:31 pm by RoversAlias »
Frank de Boer. If not him, then stick with Fergie  ;)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2017, 06:52:42 pm by RedJ »
inb4 someone says O'Driscoll

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2017, 06:53:16 pm by esdailles left foot »
Atkins would do me.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2017, 06:54:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Mark or Nigel Adkins?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2017, 06:56:21 pm by RedJ »
Atkins would do me.

He'd sort out the players' diets...

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2017, 06:58:12 pm by Rovers91 »
Nigel Adkins would be a good shout.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2017, 06:58:25 pm by DRNaith »
I don't know enough to understand who would be a reasonable target.

Ferguson was a bigger name than I expected.

What I do know is that recent history shows us that Rovers are not a sacking club, so I would expect him to get all this season at least.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2017, 07:03:50 pm by Retdon1 »
Gus poyet, Danny cowley, paul tisdale

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 17, 2017, 07:04:30 pm by keith79 »
I will go and pick sod up now, just getting in the car. Sadly that bridge is well and truly burnt.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 17, 2017, 07:16:35 pm by esdailles left foot »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 17, 2017, 07:56:31 pm by Draytonian III »
I think "Away Rover " might have Gary Megson's phone number

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 17, 2017, 07:58:25 pm by Bessie Red »
Gus poyet, Danny cowley, paul tisdale

2 or 3 but definitely not 1!!

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 17, 2017, 07:59:01 pm by colincramb »
Why do people still go on about SOD? What has he done since leaving us?

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 17, 2017, 08:14:58 pm by esdailles left foot »
Err been manager of forest, England under 19's, assistant at Liverpool. That's all

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 17, 2017, 08:38:52 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't know enough to understand who would be a reasonable target.

Ferguson was a bigger name than I expected.

What I do know is that recent history shows us that Rovers are not a sacking club, so I would expect him to get all this season at least.

The promotion last season will probably means he gets until Christmas.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 17, 2017, 08:39:59 pm by colincramb »
Err been manager of forest, England under 19's, assistant at Liverpool. That's all

Obviously he's been in work and you know what I was getting at. What has he achieved other than being sacked at those clubs you've mentioned?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 17, 2017, 09:33:00 pm by phil old leake »
If it's decided to replace DF then it will need to be someone wanting to improve themselves with something to offer. The Cowleys at Lincoln if they'd come but at the moment who's available with any kind of track record better than him

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 17, 2017, 09:43:55 pm by aidanstu »

Obviously he's been in work and you know what I was getting at. What has he achieved other than being sacked at those clubs you've mentioned?

Sacked when he had got forest into their best position in years, left England to join Liverpool and was unlucky Rodgers got sacked soon after. Hardly SODS fault. What's your point?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 17, 2017, 10:01:37 pm by steve@dcfd »
If it's decided to replace DF then it will need to be someone wanting to improve themselves with something to offer. The Cowleys at Lincoln if they'd come but at the moment who's available with any kind of track record better than him

If this fictitious event to replace DF happens then the board who have backed the project then would have to admit they have failed aswell.
No players bought for a transfer fee, bringing in young loan players to match their budget.

If they got rid of DF any new manager would have to use the players we have and we may lose the loan players if their parent clubs cannot trust their development under a new manager.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 17, 2017, 10:02:57 pm by MrFrost »

If this fictitious event to replace DF happens then the board who have backed the project then would have to admit they have failed aswell.
No players bought for a transfer fee, bringing in young loan players to match their budget.

If they got rid of DF any new manager would have to use the players we have and we may lose the loan players if their parent clubs cannot trust their development under a new manager.

So we should keep the manager to ensure we keep the loan players who aren't performing?

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 17, 2017, 10:36:35 pm by essexrover »
This is all very worrying. We really shouldn't be discussing this issue so early in the season BUT.......
Look at our squad & you think it's pretty good really for this level.
Nobody has said Fergie can't recruit the right players BUT......
What happens after they've signed ? It must be the management/coaching.
1 win in 13 would be the death knell for most managers nowadays.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 17, 2017, 11:02:49 pm by RedJ »
This is a club who only reluctantly sacked a manager who took something like 8 points from a possible 48.

Away Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 18, 2017, 01:16:16 am by Away Rover »
I think "Away Rover " might have Gary Megson's phone number

He's a maggot!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 18, 2017, 05:49:51 am by steve@dcfd »

So we should keep the manager to ensure we keep the loan players who aren't performing?

Do you believe by sacking DF and bringing in a new manager the players we have will perform better. Do you believe the owners will provide more funds to the new manager to bring in better players, when we couldn't afford them on our " competitive budget" in the summer. The project was to get young players who could be developed into a good side it was always going to be risky until they gelled together. Losing key players as not helped that strategy. Not Saying DF is always right but he's working with players and resources the club can afford.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 18, 2017, 10:19:26 am by Chris Black come back »
We do have a set of good players. That is not really the problem. The point is that this group of players are not playing to their potential and ideally, playing as a team beyond their potential. To be honest, at present I would at least settle for the former. The latter only really comes rarely with a manager.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 18, 2017, 04:12:49 pm by Drover »

Sacked when he had got forest into their best position in years, left England to join Liverpool and was unlucky Rodgers got sacked soon after. Hardly SODS fault. What's your point?
Sod liked his teams to play possession football,and WITH excellent backing from the clubs board and chairman,he was able to create what he did,but he could'nt do it by himself,hence why he has'nt achieved it anywhere else.His England stint(which I think would suit him down to ground) is probably his best and Was possibly down to the best talent being available to him without limitations of having to sign players on contracts etc.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 18, 2017, 04:49:23 pm by DRNaith »

Sod liked his teams to play possession football,and WITH excellent backing from the clubs board and chairman,he was able to create what he did,but he could'nt do it by himself,hence why he has'nt achieved it anywhere else.His England stint(which I think would suit him down to ground) is probably his best and Was possibly down to the best talent being available to him without limitations of having to sign players on contracts etc.

I often wondered how influential RO'K's input was, into the success of the team.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 18, 2017, 05:06:20 pm by The Beast »
Isn't part of being a manager being able to turn things around, or do they not get chance?we just sack them at great expense?
Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on centre half rather than paying out redundancy?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 18, 2017, 05:56:39 pm by drfchound »
It isn't long since people were saying he should give him 10 games to see where we are.
It is now being stretched to 15 games and even Christmas.
If the basis for keeping him is long term development of the club with a view to being sustainable in the Championship in a few years time, what happens at Christmas if we are still in the bottom six or seven?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012