Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:22:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Replacement strikers  (Read 17543 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Replacement strikers
« Reply #150 on August 02, 2019, 02:04:30 am by RedJ »
It wont be anyone who is a proven scorer at this level.

Neither was Marquis when he signed..

.....but we did have Andy Williams who had scored plenty of goals previously, for us and Swindon.

I don’t call 23 goals in 92 appearances “plenty of goals” for us hound !! We haven’t had a top class striker since Lewis Guy !!

I was talking about the time that Marquis came to us.

Williams was top scorer for Swindon the year before he came to us.
He was our top scorer in his first season with us and second behind Marquis in JM’s first season with us.

Hardly shoddy was it.

Also, a large number of those 92 appearances were as sub in his last season here.

What we need is a natural predator like a billy sharp. They come with a price tag but surely a striker of this caliber is worth a gamble money wise. For a good few seasons now we have been a team that buckled in the final third, causing coppinger to try and create things he isn’t capable of due to his complete lack of ability, like trying to cut inside and take players on. He just has nowhere near enough skill to do this.
Top and bottom, money needs to be spent on a quality out and out striker !

Your post lost all credibility when you said Coppinger can’t create things due to his complete lack of ability.

You not agree ?

If you think Coppinger has a lack of ability you're either A) a troll B) someone who knows nothing about football or C) someone who's never actually seen him play.

Fairly sure he was 5th for assists in the league last year so that shits all over that claim.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on August 02, 2019, 07:56:11 am by drfcsteve »
Coppinger has more natural ability than anyone currently in the squad.

TreborRover

« Reply #152 on August 02, 2019, 09:55:50 am by TreborRover »
It wont be anyone who is a proven scorer at this level.

Neither was Marquis when he signed..

.....but we did have Andy Williams who had scored plenty of goals previously, for us and Swindon.

I don’t call 23 goals in 92 appearances “plenty of goals” for us hound !! We haven’t had a top class striker since Lewis Guy !!

I was talking about the time that Marquis came to us.

Williams was top scorer for Swindon the year before he came to us.
He was our top scorer in his first season with us and second behind Marquis in JM’s first season with us.

Hardly shoddy was it.

Also, a large number of those 92 appearances were as sub in his last season here.

What we need is a natural predator like a billy sharp. They come with a price tag but surely a striker of this caliber is worth a gamble money wise. For a good few seasons now we have been a team that buckled in the final third, causing coppinger to try and create things he isn’t capable of due to his complete lack of ability, like trying to cut inside and take players on. He just has nowhere near enough skill to do this.
Top and bottom, money needs to be spent on a quality out and out striker !

Your post lost all credibility when you said Coppinger can’t create things due to his complete lack of ability.

You not agree ?

If you think Coppinger has a lack of ability you're either A) a troll B) someone who knows nothing about football or C) someone who's never actually seen him play.

Fairly sure he was 5th for assists in the league last year so that shits all over that claim.

You proved my point in your comment when you said he was 5th in the league for assists as that’s not 1st is it !

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on August 02, 2019, 10:19:56 am by RoversAlias »
Right, definite WUM then.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on August 02, 2019, 10:28:17 am by Metalmicky »
After looking about the web, I've heard nothing but good things about this lad...

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on August 02, 2019, 10:46:14 am by Colemans Left Hook »
well one striker that won't be coming to Rovers is Joe Nuttall some of us thought he might be coming on loan her before xmas - he scored was it 4 goals aginst Rovers development team (in that unreported match)
he's just signed for Blackpool from Blackburn I reckoned he must be worth half a million but what do i know  so Blackpool must have some money

here 's the background to him

Read an article today linking an u23 Blackburn striker to League One and Two clubs who's scored against our U23 this season and is on a run of 8 goals in 4 games.

Could be anyone of course but whoever McCann has done the deal with, he's likely to have done his homework.

We have Wilks as a young loanee up front with May competing with him so, my thought process thinks it may be someone with a little more experience as cover for Marquis. Just a little insurance policy.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=268100.msg819283#msg819283

Pretty poor effort really. I thought the Ressies were playing Port Vale today but I haven't seen any mention of it.

Yes poor effort by the team chosen and poor effort by the media side of DRFC.

you've just let the cat out of the bag we were trying to keep it quiet and sign their striker on loan along with Scott Minto

a Nuttall & Minto  strikeforce would be a mouthful for teams to swallow
--------

i was actually deadly serious when I "apparently" jokingly mentioned nuttall & Minto

i've seen this "trick done before" score loads against a team then join them

yes slightly different but same theme and the player was the one and only Keshi Anderson

"After scoring a hat-trick in 6 minutes while on trial at Brentford against Crystal Palace, the latter club signed him in February 2015.[4] He scored on his debut for the Palace under-21 team,[7] and a day later Palace manager Alan Pardew stated that Anderson would be in his senior squad for the forthcoming game away at Leicester City on 7 February.[8][9]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keshi_Anderson

bl00dy deja vu gets everywhere

now do you see why the match wasn't reported ??

By the way this Blackburn under 23 striker Nuttall was let out of the bag against Millwall on Saturday scored a goal that he didn't know much about!  - he also came on as a sub lastnight on the left second half for Blackburn in the FA Cup against Newcastle. Blackburn have a lot of injuries so may explain why he didn't go out on loan  anywhere yet ?

No disrespect to Tiler  "Watt" Smith but I believe Nuttall was the original target (guessing as usual).

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=86684&season_id=151

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on August 02, 2019, 11:48:55 am by Barmby Rover »
Right, definite WUM then.
Very good! 5th out of how many strikers/midfielders in Lg1? Better that than having somebody outside the top 5.

donnyguy

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on August 02, 2019, 01:21:55 pm by donnyguy »
Kieffer Moore going to Wigan.Barnsley have accepted bid of £4 million

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on August 02, 2019, 01:22:45 pm by Jim Dobbin »
A cheekey bid for Keiffer Moore perhaps?

Off to Wigan for £4 million...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on August 02, 2019, 01:44:40 pm by DonnyOsmond »
They're signing a few strikers. Maybe they're losing Joe Garner to Donny Rovers?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on August 02, 2019, 01:47:40 pm by Dare to dream! »
They're signing a few strikers. Maybe they're losing Joe Garner to Donny Rovers?

I would take Garner, alays rated him.

Toney will head to Barnsley now.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on August 02, 2019, 01:57:52 pm by jamesrover17 »

I would take Garner, alays rated him.

Toney will head to Barnsley now.

I would be over the moon if we signed Joe Garner, always rated him when he has played against us

TinyPortal © 2005-2012