Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:16:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Replacement strikers  (Read 17544 times)

karldew

• Forum Member
Re: Replacement strikers
« Reply #60 on July 31, 2019, 11:09:48 pm by karldew »
Can’t believe no one has mentioned Danny Hylton!!? He’d be my first choice to bring in

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 31, 2019, 11:11:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
Are Luton Town of the Championship looking to sell though for the money we would pay?

TreborRover

« Reply #62 on July 31, 2019, 11:28:54 pm by TreborRover »
It wont be anyone who is a proven scorer at this level.

Neither was Marquis when he signed..

.....but we did have Andy Williams who had scored plenty of goals previously, for us and Swindon.

I don’t call 23 goals in 92 appearances “plenty of goals” for us hound !! We haven’t had a top class striker since Lewis Guy !!

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 01, 2019, 12:26:22 am by Surrey Rover »
Would like us to go in for Bright Enobakhare, not necessarily to replace Marquis but would definitely be a good replacement for Wilks. Had a very good second half of the season with Coventry on loan from Wolves. He’s a Birmingham based lad so would hope DM is aware of him.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:31:43 am by Surrey Rover »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 01, 2019, 01:30:45 am by Colemans Left Hook »
HULL
 have two many strikers
Strikers    
       Nouha Dicko
   Manuel David Milinkovic
   Fraizer Campbell
   Chris Martin
   Jarrod Bowen
   Tom Eaves (injured)

i'd take Nouha Dicko Or Chris Martin either on loan

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 01, 2019, 07:54:47 am by Metalmicky »
Could always look at players who did well in league 2 last year:-

Tyler Walker - either loan or make a bid
John Akinde
Padraig Amond
Kane Hemming

Any of them could make the step up from what they did last year in league 2.

I've seen John Akinde a couple of times last year - large unit, but a very average football player - if it wasn't for the fact he took penalties, he wouldn't have made double figures...

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 01, 2019, 08:04:54 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Could always look at players who did well in league 2 last year:-

Tyler Walker - either loan or make a bid
John Akinde
Padraig Amond
Kane Hemming

Any of them could make the step up from what they did last year in league 2.

I've seen John Akinde a couple of times last year - large unit, but a very average football player - if it wasn't for the fact he took penalties, he wouldn't have made double figures...

This exactly he suits Lincoln but wouldn't get much of the same service with us. I thought the same of Eaves if we did get him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 01, 2019, 08:06:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
If we don't have the money to tempt players to the club perhaps we can rely on sentiment and tempt King Billy back. I imagine January would be the optimum time to make a move for him when he's fulfilled his ambition of playing in the Premier League.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 01, 2019, 08:24:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Never say never.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 01, 2019, 08:28:14 am by bedale rover »
If we don't have the money to tempt players to the club perhaps we can rely on sentiment and tempt King Billy back. I imagine January would be the optimum time to make a move for him when he's fulfilled his ambition of playing in the Premier League.

He played in the premier League with Southampton

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 01, 2019, 08:35:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
I know he did, and he still has ambitions to play there now.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 01, 2019, 08:43:33 am by Jonathan »
Billy will be desperate to play in the Premier League for his boyhood club. It’s highly unlikely he’ll be tempted away from that, and almost certainly not to League One.

We need to move on from Billy Sharp and look to bring in someone younger that can develop with us and still has something to prove. The next John Marquis or the next Billy Sharp / Paul Heffernan.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 01, 2019, 08:46:13 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Yeah lets not go back. If we reinvest this money in a player who will have no potential to develop then it's a one off and our squad will be worse for it in the future. Have to reinvest in someone who can be developed like John, hopefully 2 or 3 of those kind of players can be brought in.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 01, 2019, 08:54:44 am by Chris Black come back »
There is zero chance Sharp is going to drop down to League One.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 01, 2019, 09:17:14 am by Retdon1 »
Could some of the money be used on mark Duffy. Not a striker but we need players in attacking areas too

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 01, 2019, 09:20:52 am by Metalmicky »
Could some of the money be used on mark Duffy. Not a striker but we need players in attacking areas too

I would suggest that like Sharp, he wouldn't drop back to League One...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 01, 2019, 09:28:35 am by Bentley Bullet »
We're not just any league one club, we're Donny Rovers. I believe Sharp has great endearment for us.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 01, 2019, 09:42:26 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

We don't know about players individual circumstances and given players like Duffy are likely past their peak, they know they won't be able to command the same wages.

It's likely Duffy will be able to find a Championship club but if he wanted to ge a bigger cheese in a lower division then there's something to discuss. So I agree no harm in asking. There are  others at Blades in the same situation. Looking around at players who've been released from clubs, there are a lot in that category.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 01, 2019, 09:48:59 am by Metalmicky »

We don't know about players individual circumstances and given players like Duffy are likely past their peak, they know they won't be able to command the same wages.

It's likely Duffy will be able to find a Championship club but if he wanted to ge a bigger cheese in a lower division then there's something to discuss. So I agree no harm in asking. There are  others at Blades in the same situation. Looking around at players who've been released from clubs, there are a lot in that category.

Always thought that Duffy was a clever player - but think (even at 33) he would want to stay in the Championship. However, would be worth an enquiry - even though he has a year to run on his contract...

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 01, 2019, 10:06:54 am by Shawndrfc »
The way I see  it is that we have got a very good return on a striker with a year left on his deal and wanted to go back down south. We have plenty of options to look at and hopefully we get someone in sooner rather than later.

To the person who suggested Danny Hylton, that is a good shout.... I think there are a few strikers like Omar Bogle or Isaac Vassell that could come down from the Championship depending on how there team sees them and do a job for us.

Makes me laugh when people make comments about how DM will do it his way, of course he will, but as fans we like to look at every option and have fun putting our views and thinking up the best scenario.

Honestly I would really like Tyker Walker and if we could get him in even on loan I think it would be a good move. If it was a loan then also bring in a Clarke-Harris or Hylton or bogle or Evans etc and we would of replaced Marquis with 2 strikers with quality.

If its not before the weekend, then we get the 2 mystery players in and try and grab 3 points against Gillingham and hopefully have a striker in by the Rochdale game.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 01, 2019, 10:11:44 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The way I see  it is that we have got a very good return on a striker with a year left on his deal and wanted to go back down south. We have plenty of options to look at and hopefully we get someone in sooner rather than later.

To the person who suggested Danny Hylton, that is a good shout.... I think there are a few strikers like Omar Bogle or Isaac Vassell that could come down from the Championship depending on how there team sees them and do a job for us.

Makes me laugh when people make comments about how DM will do it his way, of course he will, but as fans we like to look at every option and have fun putting our views and thinking up the best scenario.

Honestly I would really like Tyker Walker and if we could get him in even on loan I think it would be a good move. If it was a loan then also bring in a Clarke-Harris or Hylton or bogle or Evans etc and we would of replaced Marquis with 2 strikers with quality.

If its not before the weekend, then we get the 2 mystery players in and try and grab 3 points against Gillingham and hopefully have a striker in by the Rochdale game.

Sorted. Let's do it!

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 01, 2019, 10:21:55 am by Shawndrfc »

Sorted. Let's do it!

Cant tell if that is sarcasm or not  :lol: :lol:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 01, 2019, 10:24:12 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Sorted. Let's do it!

Cant tell if that is sarcasm or not  :lol: :lol:

Definitely not. We like positivity. We have to move on!

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 01, 2019, 10:29:52 am by karlos »
ian henderson rochdale or freddy ledapo plymouth

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 01, 2019, 10:35:12 am by pib »

Ladapo went to Rotherham for half a million.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 01, 2019, 10:36:11 am by dickos1 »

He’s already signed for Rotherham

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 01, 2019, 10:41:18 am by DonnyOsmond »
A lot of people in here are loving players who are well in there 30's.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 01, 2019, 10:41:36 am by Filo »
A cheekey bid for Keiffer Moore perhaps?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 01, 2019, 10:42:15 am by Retdon1 »
Walsall just tweeted they have accepted an offer ( no club named ) for their striker Morgan Ferrier. I hope it’s not us

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 01, 2019, 10:46:33 am by pib »
Walsall just tweeted they have accepted an offer ( no club named ) for their striker Morgan Ferrier. I hope it’s not us

I believe Sunderland were reportedly in for him. Apparently he's not got the greatest attitude, and his goal record hardly sets the world alight.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012