Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:22:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reminiscent of a.....  (Read 3519 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Reminiscent of a.....
« on December 29, 2019, 05:12:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Dickov game (not quite as bad). I know the coaching manual probably says playing out from the back is good but has it really worked for us yet? All we do is go long a pass later and with our players spread out so they naturally win the 1st and second ball easy and can attack us from there!

Moore needs jan and the summer to sort us out but there’s some worrying signs for the future with our tactics or lack of.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Re: Reminiscent of a.....
« Reply #1 on December 29, 2019, 05:15:29 pm by afro goal machine »
We are so slow by time we've played it the opposition has regrouped and on the back foot

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 29, 2019, 05:18:17 pm by TheFunk »
Outthought by a footballing dinosaur.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 29, 2019, 05:19:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
We lost to Sunderland at home last year and it was no different really it was a very frustrating game also.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 29, 2019, 05:25:33 pm by Alan Southstand »
That wasn’t frustrating, we lost to the better team. No wonder with the squad we have, which will be one fewer for the next game, with Cameron John getting injured.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 29, 2019, 05:26:51 pm by Cramby10 »
Dickov game (not quite as bad). I know the coaching manual probably says playing out from the back is good but has it really worked for us yet? All we do is go long a pass later and with our players spread out so they naturally win the 1st and second ball easy and can attack us from there!

Moore needs jan and the summer to sort us out but there’s some worrying signs for the future with our tactics or lack of.
its crazy isn’t it. We play out from the back pretending to be a cultured footballing side yet we find ourselves under such pressure that we ended up hurriedly hacking it forward to their giants at the back!!
Everything about today felt wrong. We may as well have been away. From the big crowd comfortably drowning out our fans, to playing on the back foot and seeing Sunderland striding out in their home colours whilst we turn out in green!
It’s also breaking my heart watching these hopeless non league standard signings turning out for us week in week out.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 29, 2019, 05:27:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
We played some good stuff at times but aside from ten mins in first half and ten mins in second half we struggled to put them under pressure. They got stronger as game went on, we got weaker. Need to stop messing around with the ball at the back. Dieng is a top keeper.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 29, 2019, 05:28:53 pm by Cramby10 »
That wasn’t frustrating, we lost to the better team. No wonder with the squad we have, which will be one fewer for the next game, with Cameron John getting injured.
cameron John is a very good centre half but he’s being made to look foolish at left back. He was awful today.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 29, 2019, 05:30:48 pm by bpoolrover »
Very frustrating Sunderland for me were a class above us all over the pitch today, everytime a team presses us from the front we have no idea what to do so end up hoofing it up around 6 3 defenders, for me I would ditch playing 2 holding midfielders and play to our strengths which is going forward

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 29, 2019, 05:31:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
They had Grigg to come on if losing. We had Thomas who wouldn't get in any EFL team. Solihull knew what they were doing.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 29, 2019, 05:31:45 pm by bpoolrover »
We played some good stuff at times but aside from ten mins in first half and ten mins in second half we struggled to put them under pressure. They got stronger as game went on, we got weaker. Need to stop messing around with the ball at the back. Dieng is a top keeper.
I’m not normally this negative but I find it hard to find the good stuff we played today on more than a couple of occasions

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 29, 2019, 05:32:41 pm by pib »
Sunderland are a poor side at the moment and were there for the taking, but we made it too easy for them today. They had 3 big centre backs, and as everyone else has said we didnt do anything to move them around or get in behind them, we just lumped it forward and lost the aerial challenge every time.

Didn’t help that we didn’t win enough second balls either.

The only real decent move we put together all game led to the goal, and before and after that we didn’t really seriously trouble them.

Really disappointing. We all know we need a striker, but we desperately need another centre midfielder as well. Gomes and Sheaf are not the answer based on recent performances. It would be nice to have some sort of attacking options on the bench too - Moore had his hands tied really as his only options to change the game were Kwame Thomas and a youngster in Watters.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 29, 2019, 05:32:58 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

its crazy isn’t it. We play out from the back pretending to be a cultured footballing side yet we find ourselves under such pressure that we ended up hurriedly hacking it forward to their giants at the back!!
Everything about today felt wrong. We may as well have been away. From the big crowd comfortably drowning out our fans, to playing on the back foot and seeing Sunderland striding out in their home colours whilst we turn out in green!
It’s also breaking my heart watching these hopeless non league standard signings turning out for us week in week out.

For me in football you should play in the oppositions half and the best way to do that with the players we have is go long and fight for the second ball and play from there.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 29, 2019, 05:35:03 pm by goalkick »
Beaten by a stronger side.they looked could score at every attack.copps did not seem to be in game.not to forget a ref who had not a clue.we seemed to let ourselves be bullied by them.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 29, 2019, 05:37:15 pm by wabtec »
Kwame Thomas,Bingham,Alfie May,Gomes,Daniels.If DM thinks these players are good enough for league one this club is going nowhere.We have not got long before we find out.Sunderland have nt won many this season but the gap in class stood out a mile.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 29, 2019, 05:41:25 pm by Lesonthewest »

Your last sentence says it all for me, add to that being out fought aswell as having no plan B made it so frustrating. That was my first game for a while given the lack of player investment & I really do hope we have some signings lined up. We were clueless second half against a very very average but workmanlike Sunderland side.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 29, 2019, 05:41:44 pm by sha66y »
You have to look at the managers tactical acumen,
It took 10 mins to realise that the 2 peacock show ponies were not going to have a big part to play against a hungry Sunderland side that used their strength to win almost Everything...
Gomez...really???
Whiteman...really ???
My mother could have put in a harder working shift than those wage stealer

If 5000 or more can see that the playing out from defence and the defensive midfield strategy is not working then it just isn’t...

It appears that our manager is just being lucky that we are beating teams who play worse than us...because when it comes to playing teams that want to beat us...they usually do..

Very disappointed that NOTHING was done or at least ATTEMPTED to change our weak midfield that was being constantly over run..

I’m finding myself losing interest in this hobby....

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 29, 2019, 05:42:05 pm by The Beast »
Let’s be realistic, although Sunderland are mid table, they’ve got quality players all through the squad, their bench was ridiculous. It was always going to be tough, I don’t know what people expect.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 29, 2019, 05:42:32 pm by Filo »
Over run in midfield, struggled against the press, Copps was poor today, Sadlier may as well have come and sat next to me, we lost possession  numerous times. A Sunderland side there for the taking and we churn out that shite, it was obvious first half that our midfield was struggling, sometimes I just don’t know what Moore is seeing

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 29, 2019, 05:43:35 pm by sha66y »
Very frustrating Sunderland for me were a class above us all over the pitch today, everytime a team presses us from the front we have no idea what to do so end up hoofing it up around 6 3 defenders, for me I would ditch playing 2 holding midfielders and play to our strengths which is going forward

They don’t exactly hold anything, both are weak, both are slow to link play, both can’t tackle....

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 29, 2019, 05:43:58 pm by Lesonthewest »

Your last sentence says it all for me, add to that being out fought aswell as having no plan B made it so frustrating. That was my first game for a while given the lack of player investment & I really do hope we have some signings lined up. We were clueless second half against a very very average but workmanlike Sunderland side.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 29, 2019, 05:47:38 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
That’s what worries me for the future. Is Moore actually a good manager or does he just follow the coaching manual blindly. I hate stubbornness for the sake of it especially when it costs points that’s what I hated about DF and I liked about GM who seemed to just care about winning.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 29, 2019, 05:50:35 pm by pib »
Whilst I agree today was poor, you can only work with what you’ve got, and we’ve got a lot of work to do in the transfer market until DM has got the same sort of quality squad that DF and GM had.

Not to mention he’s only 6 months into the job. I think I’ve seen enough so far to believe that DM will prove to be a good manager for us (in time) IF he is able to get the right players in.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 29, 2019, 05:50:52 pm by Alan Southstand »
I have no idea what some of you expect? Who have we got to come on and make a difference?

The summer was a joke and what was even funnier was the Board claiming we’re still going for top 6.

Major investment needed, not ‘tinkering’.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 29, 2019, 05:55:04 pm by steve@dcfd »
Kwame Thomas,Bingham,Alfie May,Gomes,Daniels.If DM thinks these players are good enough for league one this club is going nowhere.We have not got long before we find out.Sunderland have nt won many this season but the gap in class stood out a mile.
DM brought in Daniels as cover for the injured Baptiste he brought in Thomas and Bingham on short term contracts mid transfer window for cover for injured Ennis and Sterling. Alfie May and Gomes were signed before DM came to the club. We all hope that in the transfer window we can sign better loans, frees or buying players. That will be down to DM and club officials to achieve.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 29, 2019, 06:00:32 pm by sha66y »
Whilst I agree today was poor, you can only work with what you’ve got, and we’ve got a lot of work to do in the transfer market until DM has got the same sort of quality squad that DF and GM had.

Not to mention he’s only 6 months into the job. I think I’ve seen enough so far to believe that DM will prove to be a good manager for us (in time) IF he is able to get the right players in.

Hope ya right, but he needs to get better tactically...too many things we are seeing that don’t work week in week out....yes the team may look weak, but the tactics employed don’t help...

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 29, 2019, 06:06:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
Whiteman did not have his finest game today.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 29, 2019, 06:14:05 pm by Cramby10 »
Whiteman did not have his finest game today.
correct, but what should we expect when he has Gomes along side him? He has the job of two men to do.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 29, 2019, 06:20:24 pm by TheFunk »
The hardest thing to accept is that yet again we never came close to matching the oppos work rate and effort.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 29, 2019, 06:23:37 pm by RedRover »

Why does Moore need Jan and Summer transfer window, the problem is very obviously not personnel, it's the way he's sending the players we do have out to play! Anyone saying he needs to be able to bring in his own players or he can only work with what he's got need to think about who he's going to bring in. We're hitting long balls up to a big man up front so he's going to bring in players better suited to that, is that what you want to pay to go and watch? Not me, no thanks.

I'll tell you what Moore needs, his P45 as quite simply it won't get any better from here. How can it, is he gonna to read a coaching manual over the summer or go on an FA course and suddenly be transformed? With him at the helm I can't see us staying in this league, it is really that bad.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012