Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:00:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reminiscent of a.....  (Read 3518 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Reminiscent of a.....
« Reply #30 on December 29, 2019, 06:23:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
Wilks and Kane were able to cut sides apart last season. We don’t have anyone who can do that. Taylor is probably the closest but it is a lot to place on his shoulders. Otherwise we are very pedestrian and predictable. Kane and Wilks brought real dynamism.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 29, 2019, 06:37:18 pm by GazLaz »
That wasn’t frustrating, we lost to the better team. No wonder with the squad we have, which will be one fewer for the next game, with Cameron John getting injured.
cameron John is a very good centre half but he’s being made to look foolish at left back. He was awful today.

I can’t understand why DM has moved him to left back. I can’t understand why he did it at half time vs Accrington. Having said that, I can’t understand a lot of things that man does.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 30, 2019, 07:47:41 am by Alan Southstand »
For me, moving John to left back was to protect the ‘far post headers’ on that side of goal, what with Wyke plundering goals from that sort of tactic. It was just a height thing, I reckon. It will not be used for a while, now, as it appeared Cameron’s hamstring went, second half.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 30, 2019, 08:36:48 am by Donnywolf »
Dickov game (not quite as bad). I know the coaching manual probably says playing out from the back is good but has it really worked for us yet? All we do is go long a pass later and with our players spread out so they naturally win the 1st and second ball easy and can attack us from there!

Moore needs jan and the summer to sort us out but there’s some worrying signs for the future with our tactics or lack of.

its crazy isn’t it. We play out from the back pretending to be a cultured footballing side yet we find ourselves under such pressure that we ended up hurriedly hacking it forward to their giants at the back!!

.... who then either hack us down - wrestle us off the Ball - or start a solo game of volleyball on the Half way line

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 30, 2019, 08:51:21 am by dickos1 »
For me, moving John to left back was to protect the ‘far post headers’ on that side of goal, what with Wyke plundering goals from that sort of tactic. It was just a height thing, I reckon. It will not be used for a while, now, as it appeared Cameron’s hamstring went, second half.

He played there against Peterborough aswell though, and for part of the Accrington game

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 30, 2019, 09:52:23 am by Chris Black come back »
Given way he was limping yesterday I doubt we will be seeing him at all against Oxford United.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 30, 2019, 10:02:00 am by Campsall rover »
As you said he was there for his height and physicality.
I think DM is somewhat tactically more astute than most on here.
In case some hadn’t noticed they are very strong on set pieces.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:19:12 am by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 30, 2019, 10:21:21 am by Campsall rover »
Given way he was limping yesterday I doubt we will be seeing him at all against Oxford United.
Cramp I think CBcb that’s all. He was stretching his leg when getting treatment on the pitch.
You don’t do that if it was a hamstring.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 30, 2019, 10:30:38 am by roversontheup »
I did comment midway through second half that CJ looked to be tiring. He wont have played left back much in his career and involves a bit more running than he does at CB.
Hope it's just a tight hamstring.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 30, 2019, 10:34:51 am by IDM »
Sunderland must have been underperforming in their other fixtures because yesterday they fought for everything.. sometimes unfairly but in the main they wanted it more..  let’s see what happens to them from now.?

We never got to fight for the second ball, meaning our time in possession was bitty and sporadic.  We couldn’t get going and therefore players like Whiteman and Copps looked poor.

I think it was more that Sunderland made us look poor than the other way around.

Yes it is disappointing that we didn’t compete enough.  I don’t know why that was, but that’s the issue I take away from the games.

All the negative comments on the squad etc made yesterday came before today’s transfer news, clearly..

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 30, 2019, 10:46:28 am by Bessie Red »
Sunderland must have been underperforming in their other fixtures because yesterday they fought for everything.. sometimes unfairly but in the main they wanted it more..  let’s see what happens to them from now.?

We never got to fight for the second ball, meaning our time in possession was bitty and sporadic.  We couldn’t get going and therefore players like Whiteman and Copps looked poor.

I think it was more that Sunderland made us look poor than the other way around.

Yes it is disappointing that we didn’t compete enough.  I don’t know why that was, but that’s the issue I take away from the games.

All the negative comments on the squad etc made yesterday came before today’s transfer news, clearly..
I said that yesterday. That must have been their best performance of the season bearing in mind their league position. Although tbf they didnt need to do a great deal to beat us.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 30, 2019, 10:48:13 am by IDM »
Yes and no - had Sunderland performed to a lesser degree there would have been more time on the ball for our players to perform better..

We were second best on the day. Disappointing but not the end of the world..

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 30, 2019, 10:49:13 am by Chris Black come back »
Their away record before yesterday was abysmal. Sadly our home performance was even worse.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012