Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:03:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Replace Butler now!  (Read 12041 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Replace Butler now!
« on April 02, 2021, 02:28:03 pm by Filo »
He’s that far out of his depth a snorkel wouldn’t save him

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Re: Replace Butler now!
« Reply #1 on April 02, 2021, 02:29:24 pm by redarmy82 »
He's cheap though. All that matters

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 02, 2021, 02:30:24 pm by Pancho Regan »

Not as cheap as your pathetic comment.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 02, 2021, 02:31:14 pm by Getridorit »
f**king livid how this club has thrown this season away.

Absolute joke

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 02, 2021, 02:31:39 pm by rich1471 »
Totally agree ,that was absolute garbage no fight or willingness to battle and a totally spinless performance , Butlers a nice guy like Jones was , but not cut out for this job   

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 02, 2021, 02:32:20 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's so boring it's unreal.

If they want to sell season tickets they need to appoint a proper manager soon.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 02, 2021, 02:32:40 pm by redarmy82 »

Not as cheap as your pathetic comment.

Why else did he get the job

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 02, 2021, 02:33:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Sometimes the caretaker works (Penney). Sometimes it is just about enough (Flynn). Mostly it doesn't work (Jones, Cunningham, Butler).

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 02, 2021, 02:33:40 pm by EasyforDennis »
I'm afraid no matter who we appoint as manager he would struggle with these players. You can't polish a turd.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 02, 2021, 02:35:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Bramall needs to hold interviews to replace the decision makers involved in this in fact first

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 02, 2021, 02:35:52 pm by the vicar »
I have been for giving AB a fighting chance, but now it is definitely time to go back to playing for him and bring in a proven manager never mind saving money

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 02, 2021, 02:35:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Go and get a life.

You really are the cheapest thing on here with comments like that.
Supporter of DRFC give me strength.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 02, 2021, 02:36:11 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Redarmy. Out of interest what is cheap ?
What wages do you call cheap? Genuine question and I eagerly await your response.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 02, 2021, 02:37:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have failed to score in 5 of the last 6 games. We've kept 2 clean sheets in 15 games.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 02, 2021, 02:38:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Butler inherited a team that, even when playing badly always looked dangerous.

We now look utterly devoid of any attacking plan.

In the last 6 games, we have scored 2 goals, both in that 4 minute spell at Gillingham. Those apart, I'm struggling to think of a serious chance in 536 minutes.

What a catastrophic decision to give Butler the job. We were all but nailed on for the playoffs and we are going to end up 11th or 12th.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 02, 2021, 02:38:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
My frustration and concern is clearly results but also Butler talked about having time to get things working over the last few weeks.  We've gone backwards.  I haven't seen anything that demonstrates what Butler is trying to do.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 02, 2021, 02:40:21 pm by bpoolrover »
While I agree it’s time to get someone else in, we can’t just blame butler some of the players don’t even look interested, charlton wanted to win every ball every second ball we showed no passion whatsoever, the players have to take responsibility to

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 02, 2021, 02:40:44 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He's cheap as in he was already on a wage anyway. Moore no longer on a wage. Thick or what.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 02, 2021, 02:41:21 pm by Campsall rover »
Redarmy. Out of interest what is cheap ?
What wages do you call cheap? Genuine question and I eagerly await your response.
Derek you are wasting your time.

Some seriously clever people on here. You me and all the other real supporters on this forum are totally out of our depth.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 02, 2021, 02:42:52 pm by Fal »
While I agree it’s time to get someone else in, we can’t just blame butler some of the players don’t even look interested, charlton wanted to win every ball every second ball we showed no passion whatsoever, the players have to take responsibility to

Whilst I agree to a point with this, it is the manager responsibility to motivate the players to perform to their best.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 02, 2021, 02:45:12 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm currently on the fence but will probably sway over the next 2/3 games.

I did ask these two questions in the match thread and wasn't given any answers, maybe that was telling.

1. We were in shit form before Butler took over, if someone more experienced (a "proper" manager :|) took over and produced the exact same results due to the negative momentum and lack of confidence of the squad would you all be calling for their head too?

2. This squads done well to be in and around the play offs and I would have wanted them to get automatics or win the play offs if given the chance, however, how many of our own players are capable of playing in the Championship? Other teams challenging for the top few places have at least a handful each, I'm currently struggling to think of one.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 02, 2021, 02:46:50 pm by Getridorit »
We have failed to score in 5 of the last 6 games. We've kept 2 clean sheets in 15 games.

:ohmy:

But yet some on here think nothing is wrong

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 02, 2021, 02:47:23 pm by Michael Gibson »
Campsall river is quite clearly watching different games.... look at the stats, watch the performances there’s clearly an issue, players arguing and not giving a shit, if it was a team giving its all then fair enough.....  however it’s not and the season is over due to terrible decisions by the board who have no backbone either.... time to go in mine and many others opinions... we can listen to the usual Bramall supporters but it’s a result driven industry

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 02, 2021, 02:48:15 pm by Bessie Red »
I dont think he knows what he is doing. Why bring on Richard's & then put Smith as the attacking midfielder.  Why ask Bostock to play so deep when he is probably the most creative player we have.
From what I have heard from inside the camp, the senior players do not have any confidence in what Butler is doing and training is basically not worth doing!
Hopefully today's defeat has convinced the powers that be that he will not be in charge next season!!

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 02, 2021, 02:49:55 pm by StocksArmy »
You could pick the bones out of all things DRFC at the moment and not stop typing. From the bottom up is an absolute shambles. Unfortunately for Butts we cant change the players and he is completely out of his depth.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 02, 2021, 02:51:38 pm by ian1980 »
It’s was quite telling in the second half that Anderson was screaming and shouting at players in front of him. Obviously he’s not too happy with what’s happening further up the field and the effort being put in.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 02, 2021, 02:52:07 pm by Draytonian III »
Bostock plays over 80% of his passes sideways or backwards and most of his other passes never find there target. I just don’t see what everyone sees in him

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 02, 2021, 02:52:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It’s was quite telling in the second half that Anderson was screaming and shouting at players in front of him. Obviously he’s not too happy with what’s happening further up the field and the effort being put in.

To be fair players shout at each other at all teams.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 02, 2021, 02:53:59 pm by bpoolrover »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 02, 2021, 02:55:17 pm by Michael Shaw »
To be fair to Butler he was suddenly dropped in it with the sudden departure (in what seemed overnight) of Darren Moore. So why is it Rovers have to take 7 weeks over an advertising and interviewing process? The board need to get another manager in before we are in a relegation battle, or probably it is too late anyway. I can't see any easy wins now with a team that lacks motivation.
Is there something behind the scenes we don't know about that pissed off Moore and the players?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012