Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:23:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Replace Butler now!  (Read 12043 times)

Cramby10

• Forum Member
Re: Replace Butler now!
« Reply #30 on April 02, 2021, 02:55:55 pm by Cramby10 »
Oh come on! We were hopeless for a good period before Butler took over. The wheels had already come off. Think we need to take a long look at some of these players.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 02, 2021, 02:56:54 pm by normal rules »
I may have missed this in a previous post, but why is Butler not player manager? It may be a bit old school, but surely he still has something to offer and may bring something to the defence again. He looks like a fish out of water on the touch line.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 02, 2021, 02:58:12 pm by vaya »
I may have missed this in a previous post, but why is Butler not player manager? It may be a bit old school, but surely he still has something to offer and may bring something to the defence again. He looks like a fish out of water on the touch line.

I think he stepped back from playing by his own choice when took the manager's job.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 02, 2021, 02:58:37 pm by Lincoln Rover »
AB said he did this once ( player manager) v Wolves and he missed too much.... hence the decision to not play again this season.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 02, 2021, 02:58:42 pm by EasyforDennis »
Redarmy. Out of interest what is cheap ?
What wages do you call cheap? Genuine question and I eagerly await your response.
Derek you are wasting your time.

Some seriously clever people on here. You me and all the other real supporters on this forum are totally out of our depth.

So are you suggesting that the only real supporters are those who blindly follow everything that is put in front of them and can see no faults?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 02, 2021, 02:59:30 pm by no eyed deer »
What wages do you call cheap? Genuine question and I eagerly await your response.

Some seriously clever people on here. You me and all the other real supporters on this forum are totally out of our depth.

There's a difference between a real supporter and blinkered !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 02, 2021, 02:59:45 pm by Filo »

I think he stepped back from playing by his own choice when took the manager's job.

He must have thought he was good at this manager lark after managing a minor league Womens team

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 02, 2021, 03:00:42 pm by Michael Shaw »
If Sheff Wed can nick Moore in a few days why can't we get another manager in before Easter is over? A manager that isn't a mate to the players and will kick ass when needed.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 02, 2021, 03:00:59 pm by normal rules »
The team are missing a leader on the pitch. It’s very apparent there is no glue sticking the team together on the pitch. The whole team looked clueless for large parts of the game. Incomplete passes in midfield. Passes into areas when there were no players, haphazard defending at times. Time for him to get his boots on again perhaps ?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 02, 2021, 03:01:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm currently on the fence but will probably sway over the next 2/3 games.

I did ask these two questions in the match thread and wasn't given any answers, maybe that was telling.

1. We were in shit form before Butler took over, if someone more experienced (a "proper" manager :|) took over and produced the exact same results due to the negative momentum and lack of confidence of the squad would you all be calling for their head too?

2. This squads done well to be in and around the play offs and I would have wanted them to get automatics or win the play offs if given the chance, however, how many of our own players are capable of playing in the Championship? Other teams challenging for the top few places have at least a handful each, I'm currently struggling to think of one.

Oh so quiet.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 02, 2021, 03:01:29 pm by River Don »
Alright it's mad but I suggested this in lucky pint so I'll put it out in here too.

Put Copps in charge until we find a new appointment. I know but he's got a lot of experience under a lot of managers and coaches. He comes across as an intelligent lad, why not put it to him?

Realistically nothing is expected of the team at the moment, if the poor form continues, we'll then its not Copps fault. It's just a difficult job, someone is coming in.

But if he pulls off a couple of wins, then playoffs aren't out of sight. It would buff up his crown nicely.

Would it be such a mad gamble?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 02, 2021, 03:02:43 pm by tyke1962 »
Of course Butler has to come in for criticism , he's the manager after all .

However the players too have to be held responsible too .

Amongst the young lads out there this afternoon you had Anderson , Bostock , Coppinger and Bogle who are all vastly experienced players .

These young lads need those players to help them through tough games and I didn't really see any evidence of that today .

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 02, 2021, 03:04:45 pm by Prez »
Butler inherited a team that, even when playing badly always looked dangerous.

We now look utterly devoid of any attacking plan.

In the last 6 games, we have scored 2 goals, both in that 4 minute spell at Gillingham. Those apart, I'm struggling to think of a serious chance in 536 minutes.

What a catastrophic decision to give Butler the job. We were all but nailed on for the playoffs and we are going to end up 11th or 12th.

Well i dont recall many fans on this forum at the time AB was given the job, complaining or saying it was a catastophic decision. Lets face it we were on the whole happy for AB to take over.

Its not worked, but for me this is a blessing in disguise.

Just like when fergie, snake and Moore left we will have to build yet again, with an experienced manager.

Butler is not to blame, Moore is.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:07:06 pm by Prez »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 02, 2021, 03:05:46 pm by RoversAlias »

He must have thought he was good at this manager lark after managing a minor league Womens team

Is there any need for this?

I get criticisms of how Butler has done, and myself am having serious doubts about the decision to give him the job now but to have a go at his character like that is needless and unfair. He was asked to take the reins at his boyhood club when the manager left suddenly, he has coaching experience (albeit limited) and wants to make a career of it. He is trying his best and isn't intentionally sabotaging us.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 02, 2021, 03:06:18 pm by since-1969 »
To be fair to Butler he was suddenly dropped in it with the sudden departure (in what seemed overnight) of Darren Moore. So why is it Rovers have to take 7 weeks over an advertising and interviewing process? The board need to get another manager in before we are in a relegation battle, or probably it is too late anyway. I can't see any easy wins now with a team that lacks motivation.
Is there something behind the scenes we don't know about that pissed off Moore and the players?
He was dropped in it ... by the board who immediately announced that it was his job until the end of the season , instead of offering it out to an experienced manager on the SAME terms . Doh!!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 02, 2021, 03:06:24 pm by coventryrover »
I didn't know our play off chances are over.    Best pack up then

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 02, 2021, 03:06:35 pm by goalkick »
Hope we do  something to show positive steps to have everything up and running for the start of next season.please let us not drag our heels till the last minute. Don’t want the situation where there will be an effect on season tickets sales.we have a habit to leave everything to the last minute.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 02, 2021, 03:09:50 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I didn't know our play off chances are over.    Best pack up then

The players have they must know something we don’t

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 02, 2021, 03:10:54 pm by Filo »

I get criticisms of how Butler has done, and myself am having serious doubts about the decision to give him the job now but to have a go at his character like that is needless and unfair. He was asked to take the reins at his boyhood club when the manager left suddenly, he has coaching experience (albeit limited) and wants to make a career of it. He is trying his best and isn't intentionally sabotaging us.

Show me where I said he was intentionally sabotaging us, my point is he is well out of his depth, we saw nothing today to show he is capable of turning this around, no change of tactics, no change of shape, we just watched the same shite for 97 minutes

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 02, 2021, 03:13:05 pm by Michael Gibson »
Fully agree with tyke, and his comments, bostock was shit scared to put a tackle in, Robertson was shocking.....there’s a massive problem in the changing room it’s obvious ..

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 02, 2021, 03:15:32 pm by EasyforDennis »

Show me where I said he was intentionally sabotaging us, my point is he is well out of his depth, we saw nothing today to show he is capable of turning this around, no change of tactics, no change of shape, we just watched the same shite for 97 minutes

I do feel sorry for AB. Today he picks two hopeless strikers as we have nobody else. We desperately needed a change up front but we don't have another striker on the bench. What chance has he got.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 02, 2021, 03:15:39 pm by RoversAlias »

You implied he's arrogant in that post I've quoted, your points on the team are valid but to just make a comment like that about Butler himself is uncalled for and that's what I'm challenging.

Football fans are so fickle. Butler is a club legend here and nearly all of us were happy enough to let him have a go at the job when Moore left us high and dry. One month later he is getting slated and I think that's completely unfair, to turn on him as a person so quickly.

Maybe it isn't working, maybe he shouldn't be in charge of the team, but let's be reasonable. I don't think Butler is an arrogant person and he will be as frustrated as all of us that the form has gone off a cliff.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 02, 2021, 03:16:12 pm by Filo »
Bostock needs to have a word with that God fella he keeps banging on about

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 02, 2021, 03:17:01 pm by StocksArmy »
I beg this club to prove to the supporters that they want promotion this season.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 02, 2021, 03:17:23 pm by the vicar »

So are you suggesting that the only real supporters are those who blindly follow everything that is put in front of them and can see no faults?
for me that is burying there heads in the sand.  We are all good Rovers fans but we just see things different, just cos some want things to change doesn’t make you a none fan or them a better fan than you just makes you different
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:20:34 pm by the vicar »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 02, 2021, 03:18:20 pm by since-1969 »
Keep religion out it , it never ends well !!

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 02, 2021, 03:19:00 pm by sheffield exile1 »
I really don't see giving Copps the job is any solution. He has never shown any managerial ambition, also has less experience than Butler, and seems a nice guy-probably not what DRFC need just now. Advertise, or poach someone like Coleman at Accrington, know it's not been our way but perhaps being the nice little family club isn't doing us any favours?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 02, 2021, 03:19:22 pm by Filo »

You implied he's arrogant in that post I've quoted, your points on the team are valid but to just make a comment like that about Butler himself is uncalled for and that's what I'm challenging.

Football fans are so fickle. Butler is a club legend here and nearly all of us were happy enough to let him have a go at the job when Moore left us high and dry. One month later he is getting slated and I think that's completely unfair, to turn on him as a person so quickly.

Maybe it isn't working, maybe he shouldn't be in charge of the team, but let's be reasonable. I don't think Butler is an arrogant person and he will be as frustrated as all of us that the form has gone off a cliff.

I implied nothing of the sort, it was a sarcastic comment, I have said in a post n the previous match that he’s a nice bloke but not cut out for the job

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 02, 2021, 03:22:07 pm by EasyforDennis »
Keep religion out it , it never ends well !!

Well looking back at most of Moores signings it is ending badly isn't it?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 02, 2021, 03:27:19 pm by NickDRFC »
Bostock plays over 80% of his passes sideways or backwards and most of his other passes never find there target. I just don’t see what everyone sees in him

I said this in the lucky pint thread. Neat and tidy but doesn’t actually do a lot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012