Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:08:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Replace Butler now!  (Read 12041 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Replace Butler now!
« Reply #60 on April 02, 2021, 03:30:31 pm by NickDRFC »
I'm currently on the fence but will probably sway over the next 2/3 games.

I did ask these two questions in the match thread and wasn't given any answers, maybe that was telling.

1. We were in shit form before Butler took over, if someone more experienced (a "proper" manager :|) took over and produced the exact same results due to the negative momentum and lack of confidence of the squad would you all be calling for their head too?

2. This squads done well to be in and around the play offs and I would have wanted them to get automatics or win the play offs if given the chance, however, how many of our own players are capable of playing in the Championship? Other teams challenging for the top few places have at least a handful each, I'm currently struggling to think of one.

Oh so quiet.

1. You’d expect an experienced manager to have more of an idea of how to turn things around having had some exposure to dips in form before and managing players’ confidence. We’ve not seen anything from Butler, either between games or in-game, that suggests he can do this. If we’d had a new, experienced manager in and had identical results there would have been some grumblings and some calls for his head but also probably a bit more expectation that they could turn it around.

2. We’ll have to rebuild the squad whichever league we’re in. I’d rather do it in the Championship than in League One.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 02, 2021, 03:30:47 pm by dickos1 »
Moores recruitment is a big factor,
We’ve very little experience in that side, nobody at all in midfield or up front with any physicality about them.
As matt mills said it was men against boys, we need some proper footballers that work hard win the ball and give it to the flair players
We’ve a side full of flair players and that’s down to Moore

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 02, 2021, 03:36:00 pm by Campsall rover »
Redarmy. Out of interest what is cheap ?
What wages do you call cheap? Genuine question and I eagerly await your response.
Derek you are wasting your time.

Some seriously clever people on here. You me and all the other real supporters on this forum are totally out of our depth.

So are you suggesting that the only real supporters are those who blindly follow everything that is put in front of them and can see no faults?
No I didn’t say that did i.
Look I am not happy about the current situation believe it or not.  As it turns out Butts isn’t the right man it would seem. Hindsight eh. Most on this forum thought it was a sensible interim appointment when it was made. Now it has gone pear shaped it was a ridiculous appointment in the beginning.
It’s the hypocrisy I can’t stomach.

What I can’t accept is some of the comments made which are just aimed at the way the club is run.
Same few people week after week. Nothing constructive just slagging the board off and every decision they make or don’t make.
So easy sat behind a key board just coming out with this negativity.
Only ever post when things are going badly. You know who i mean.  Same 4/5 people.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 02, 2021, 03:40:54 pm by StocksArmy »
What wages do you call cheap? Genuine question and I eagerly await your response.

Some seriously clever people on here. You me and all the other real supporters on this forum are totally out of our depth.

So are you suggesting that the only real supporters are those who blindly follow everything that is put in front of them and can see no faults?
Look I am not happy about the current situation believe it or not.  As it turns out Butts isn’t the right man it would seem. Hindsight eh. Most on this forum thought it was a sensible interim appointment when it was made. Now it has gone pear shaped it was a ridiculous appointment in the beginning.

What I can’t accept is some of the comments made which are just aimed at the way the club is run.
Same few people week after week. Nothing constructive just slagging the board off and every decision they make or don’t make.
Only ever post when things are going badly. You know who i mean.  Same 4/5 people.

Thats like buying a car you like the look of, engine falls out 5 weeks after and you saying..... ah well it still looks nice, lets see if it fixes itself.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 02, 2021, 03:47:55 pm by Campsall rover »

Thats like buying a car you like the look of, engine falls out 5 weeks after and you saying..... ah well it still looks nice, lets see if it fixes itself.
What on earth are you talking about. Butts was made manager to the end of the season.
So who should have the job now. Who is available that is the right person.
Have you done the research and do you know who is going to make a success of it.
Come on clever what do you know that know one else knows. Sorry 3/4 others know apparently also.

Suggest you form a consortium, buy the club off Bramhall & co with your Monopoly money.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 02, 2021, 03:51:27 pm by colincramb »
I’m sorry, but anyone who still thinks we are seriously capable of winning a two-leg playoff and then a final with this team needs to give their head a wobble.

Shockingly poor. Thank good we have points on the board or it could be a lot, lot worse

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 02, 2021, 03:54:17 pm by StocksArmy »

What on earth are you talking about. Butts was made manager to the end of the season.
Have you done the research and do you know who is going to make a success of it.
Come on clever what do you know that know one else knows. Sorry 3/4 others know apparently also.

Suggest you form a consortium, buy the club off Bramhall & co with your Monopoly money.

LOL

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 02, 2021, 03:54:29 pm by Filo »
This is turning into a copy of our last L1 freefall, thankfully we have the points to survive this, and not to mention we failed to win L2 in a one horse race, I just don’t see where our next win comes from

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 02, 2021, 03:59:02 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Butler can see out the season for me we'll probably lose every game, but look at us, I can't see us getting the playoffs or doing anything in it whoever the manager is.

The important thing is that we start looking for the right person now for next season not waiting till this season has finished. It needs to be now and in place before summer so we don't miss half of another transfer window to manager upheaval.

Been done to death but Butler as caretaker was a good idea. Giving him the full job and not bothering to look for alternatives was a very bad move. By now we could have had an experienced manager in to try push for playoffs or at least make informed decisions on future contracts. Looks like the new manager will have those contract decisions made for him now

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 02, 2021, 04:00:59 pm by Campsall rover »

Suggest you form a consortium, buy the club off Bramhall and co with your Monopoly money.

LOL
Is that the best you can do LOL.   ;)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on April 02, 2021, 04:01:09 pm by StocksArmy »
This is turning into a copy of our last L1 freefall, thankfully we have the points to survive this, and not to mention we failed to win L2 in a one horse race, I just don’t see where our next win comes from

Forget the last 6 performances Filo because we beat Pompey and Plymouth under Butts. So you are just fickle and not a real supporter. How dare you say something negative after another shit performance!?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 02, 2021, 04:01:55 pm by StocksArmy »

Suggest you form a consortium, buy the club off Bramhall and co with your Monopoly money.

LOL
Is that the best you can do LOL.   ;)

Yeah. You win.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on April 02, 2021, 04:02:45 pm by Filo »

Forget the last 6 performances Filo because we beat Pompey and Plymouth under Butts. So you are just fickle and not a real supporter. How dare you say something negative after another shit performance!?

Like catchphrase, say what you see

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 02, 2021, 04:03:12 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
At least we've got a nice pitch.

f**king bottle jobs.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 02, 2021, 04:06:59 pm by EasyforDennis »
Butler can see out the season for me we'll probably lose every game, but look at us, I can't see us getting the playoffs or doing anything in it whoever the manager is.

The important thing is that we start looking for the right person now for next season not waiting till this season has finished. It needs to be now and in place before summer so we don't miss half of another transfer window to manager upheaval.

Been done to death but Butler as caretaker was a good idea. Giving him the full job and not bothering to look for alternatives was a very bad move. By now we could have had an experienced manager in to try push for playoffs or at least make informed decisions on future contracts. Looks like the new manager will have those contract decisions made for him now

Based on recent performances I'm not sure anyone is worth a new contract.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 02, 2021, 04:08:10 pm by Filo »

f**king bottle jobs.

Yeah we are easy on the eye as well apparently

We’re not f**king easy on my eyes thats for sure

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on April 02, 2021, 04:09:49 pm by StocksArmy »

f**king bottle jobs.

Yeah we are easy on the eye as well apparently

We’re not f**king easy on my eyes thats for sure

I thought Matt Mills nailed it both at HT and FT.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 02, 2021, 04:11:21 pm by redarmi66 »

Who are the flair players??

Moores recruitment is a big factor,
We’ve very little experience in that side, nobody at all in midfield or up front with any physicality about them.
As matt mills said it was men against boys, we need some proper footballers that work hard win the ball and give it to the flair players
We’ve a side full of flair players and that’s down to Moore

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 02, 2021, 04:11:55 pm by colincramb »
We could still be playing now and I doubt we’d have scored. The lack of any kind of creativity or patterns of forward play is staggering.

We appear to have completely given up. Going through the motions and I think it’s going to be a long and slow painful end to the season. We’ve got 2 games now against sides currently in the bottom 4. If we don’t win at least one of those then we should be ashamed

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 02, 2021, 04:12:46 pm by Getridorit »

I did ask these two questions in the match thread and wasn't given any answers, maybe that was telling.

1. We were in shit form before Butler took over, if someone more experienced (a "proper" manager :|) took over and produced the exact same results due to the negative momentum and lack of confidence of the squad would you all be calling for their head too?

2. This squads done well to be in and around the play offs and I would have wanted them to get automatics or win the play offs if given the chance, however, how many of our own players are capable of playing in the Championship? Other teams challenging for the top few places have at least a handful each, I'm currently struggling to think of one.

Oh so quiet.
No, because simply it couldn't be any. Worse, and at least if we had a proper manager, we could look forward to the summer rebuilding process with a stable base . Instead of the current lack of stability, organisation or forward planning.

Really think Baldwin and blunt have f**ked up with this, and the loan policy.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on April 02, 2021, 04:17:19 pm by StocksArmy »
Sorry if im wrong but have the board not said this job is Butlers til the end of the season regardless or are they prepared to make changes if necessary?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 02, 2021, 04:18:11 pm by colincramb »

Oh so quiet.
No, because simply it couldn't be any. Worse, and at least if we had a proper manager, we could look forward to the summer rebuilding process with a stable base . Instead of the current lack of stability, organisation or forward planning.

Given Covid I don’t think we had any choice but to persist with the loan policy this season. In normal times we might have been able to invest the whiteman money into permanent players but that isn’t possible. Anyway, getting the likes of Simms on loan has worked well and we mostly get good loans in. How they are being managed and coached into a system is the problem for me

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 02, 2021, 04:25:18 pm by Getridorit »

Oh so quiet.

Given Covid I don’t think we had any choice but to persist with the loan policy this season. In normal times we might have been able to invest the whiteman money into permanent players but that isn’t possible. Anyway, getting the likes of Simms on loan has worked well and we mostly get good loans in. How they are being managed and coached into a system is the problem for me
This ridiculous loan policy Was here long before covid.

There is a problem top to bottom at the club.

Zero leadership at board level, and no leadership at dressing room level.

It's pathetic.

Charlton, Sunderland and pompey are 3 clubs in our division with ambitions on promotion.
They appointed experienced managers to take over.
But we appointed our ladies team coach, who's only done that 5 minutes, and has zero football league managing experience.

Absolutely insane decision at board level, unless of course they just wanted the cheap easy option.

They've thrown it away.
Naive at best, incompetent at worst.

Something not right here

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 02, 2021, 04:27:58 pm by tyke1962 »
Understandably fans look for scapegoats when there's disappointment around .

Rovers fans this season have had their expectations raised only to fall away so knee jerk reactions are bound to be broadcast .

There isn't a scapegoat in my opinion more rather a collection of events that have turned the season in the wrong direction and gone against you .

Whiteman and Moore leaving were huge blows and unfortunately it appears the young loan lads haven't been able to be consistent enough over a full season .

It does look pretty fragmented at the moment but it probably goes much deeper than simply hanging the interim manager out to dry as inexperienced as he is .

Just my opinion but I feel Rovers need to identify a style of play they want to progress with , hire the manager best placed to deliver that style of play and recruit accordingly .

This at least offers some stability even when managers and players leave because the stability is in the style of play .

Rovers at this moment look very exposed to people leaving the club and it doesn't necessarily have to be so if the playing style is identified and you stick with it .

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 02, 2021, 04:31:28 pm by DonnyNoel »
I always think if a caretaker from within starts to struggle then sadly its time to get rid quicker than a regular manager. If you know the players and the dressing room you've got a jump on an external appointment so when it starts to go south, like it did with Rob Jones and seemingly now with Butler then its a sign they're out of their depth. Still think play offs can be achievable.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 02, 2021, 05:03:17 pm by Canadian Rover »
Butler gets my full support and backing.

Should the board have had a plan B in place - probably.

Should the board have appointed a more experienced manager in my opinion yes.

They didn't - we have a young inexperienced manager who knows and loves the Club and town. He gets my full support and I think he's earned that of all Rovers fans. Enough negativity:  back Butler please.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on April 02, 2021, 05:05:26 pm by Filo »

They didn't - we have a young inexperienced manager who knows and loves the Club and town. He gets my full support and I think he's earned that of all Rovers fans. Enough negativity:  back Butler please.

This is the same Butler that turned down a contract at the club he loves to go to Scunthorpe, then only came back after Scunthorpe didn’t tenew his contract, we owe him nothing!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 02, 2021, 05:09:04 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
This is the time when AB could shine. He needs to pick up a bunch of players that are off form, not fuly engaged. He may need to grow some at this point, take no prisoners, be the leader he can be.

I also suspect the club may have irons in the fire and end of season is where they'll be forged.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 02, 2021, 05:10:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »

This is the same Butler that turned down a contract at the club he loves to go to Scunthorpe, then only came back after Scunthorpe didn’t tenew his contract, we owe him nothing!

Wasn't that because he didn't want to play for McCann and was offered a big wage cut?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 02, 2021, 05:10:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Irrelevant to be fair. You're not looking at many very obvious aspects of that, ones that you do know.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012