Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:08:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reo Griffiths  (Read 10561 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Reo Griffiths
« on March 06, 2023, 08:07:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Joined Yeovil on loan until the end of the season.

He must be absolutely dreadful in training to get nowhere near even our bench.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karldew

• Forum Member
Re: Reo Griffiths
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2023, 08:10:32 pm by karldew »
Might be more fitness levels rather than quality. Who knows?

How long has he got left on his contract?

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2023, 08:12:59 pm by ChrisBx »
Might be more fitness levels rather than quality. Who knows?

How long has he got left on his contract?

Summer 2024 I believe.

His career trajectory to date is a real shame.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2023, 08:20:39 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Think it’s more down to fitness that he’s not in DS plans atm. Obviously got potential but due to injuries he hasn’t been able to get a run of games with us, hopefully he goes there and smashes it and then comes back to us a better player.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2023, 08:21:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
Yeovil Town relegation candidates who have scored 28 league goals, by far the lowest number in the National League. He’s up against it there to find form.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2023, 08:22:13 pm by Rovers91 »
Hopefully he gets a few goals for them, seems a bit daft at same time us loaning a striker out when currently our strikers couldnt score in a brothel.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2023, 08:28:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
They play with two up top even though they might be in a relegation fight he might show what he can do.
We only play one up front which doesn’t suit Miller Lavery Agard or Griffiths they need another player either next to them or a player just behind which we do not play.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 06, 2023, 08:52:48 pm by roversdude »
Has he got another year left ?? Really
I was buzzing when we got Reo but it’s just not worked, been very unlucky with injuries

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 06, 2023, 09:41:54 pm by Upton Rover »
Another shocking decision by the club, we can’t score goals, not got a decent striker so what’s wrong with giving the lad a chance? We don’t deserve to get to the play offs

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 06, 2023, 10:02:51 pm by drfchound »
I was buzzing when we got Reo but it’s just not worked, been very unlucky with injuries

I had never heard of him when we signed him.
So I looked him up and he didn’t have a particularly good pedigree but I was prepared to give him a chance and judge him on what I saw, as I always do anyway.
In all honesty he didn’t impress me at all.
I hope he goes on to have a good career though and sometimes a change of club can do wonders for a player.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 07, 2023, 06:07:59 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The manager can’t be seeing enough from him in training. It’s an opportunity for him to get some games and confidence at a good club.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 07, 2023, 07:05:57 am by ncRover »
Another shocking decision by the club, we can’t score goals, not got a decent striker so what’s wrong with giving the lad a chance? We don’t deserve to get to the play offs

It’s not shocking at all. He doesn’t have the fitness levels to play in this team. If no one better than Yeovil is after him on loan he’s not going to be our solution for now.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 07, 2023, 07:24:31 am by Upton Rover »

It’s not shocking at all. He doesn’t have the fitness levels to play in this team. If no one better than Yeovil is after him on loan he’s not going to be our solution for now.
So if he’s not got the fitness levels to play in this team, then we need fitness coach sacking, I’m sure there’s lots in this team that haven’t got the fitness levels or the skill set to play in this team, so should be given a chance

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 07, 2023, 07:33:17 am by roversdude »
He needs games and the only way to get that is on loan

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 07, 2023, 09:09:04 am by Metalmicky »
He seems keen to get going at Yeovil...... scroll down and there is his interview

https://footballclubforums.com/yeovil-town-fc/

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 07, 2023, 10:58:29 am by steve@dcfd »
He wants to play football and is happy to be at a club that wants him.

Commenting after his signature was secured, Reo said; “It feels great to be here. I’m happy the club has given me an opportunity to get going, play some football and hopefully score some goals.

“I just want to be happy, playing football at a club that wants to see me do well.”

The problem we have we only play one striker and his injury record as put down. The pecking order.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 11:00:36 am by steve@dcfd »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 07, 2023, 11:17:35 am by Metalmicky »
I see Yeovil play at home tonight against Eastleigh and then have a game away at Chesterfield on Saturday, followed by a trip to Barnet the following Tuesday and another away trip to Halifax on the Saturday............ so RG will be putting in a shift on the buses...!!!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 07, 2023, 11:43:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Our recruitment from Jan 2021 to Jan 2022.

Christ on a bike, if someone had infiltrated us as an enemy agent they couldn't have done a better job of screwing us over.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 07, 2023, 12:04:09 pm by pib »
Bostock
Bogle
Balcombe
Simoes
Robertson
Williams
Hiwula
Barlow
Gardner
Dodoo
Cukur
Dahlberg
Vilca
Agard
Younger
Clayton
Griffiths
Odubeko
Jackson

Bookended by Ed Williams, Ray Tulloch, Joe Lumley (summer-autumn 2020), and Long, Tomlin, Andrews, and Woltman (summer 2022).

Pick the bones out of that lot.

(Above is a non-exhaustive list excluding the few successes)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 07, 2023, 12:33:10 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

ditto  (.i got taken in . )same here ....after that goal he scored at Sunderland .

from what i read some French team nicked him from Tottenham youth - then he never palyed for the French team !!!

Players are also humans believe it it or not - some with personal problems -- 

Take Kachunga of Bolton a month ago - a defender pulled his shirt in the penalty area and to my amazement Kachunga did a "Colemans Right hook" on him.   The ref prompltly took pity on him and sent the wrong man off.

Bolton's manager said afterwards Kachunga was having personal problems and that the club would help him. PRESUMABLY HE HAD KEPT THEM FROM THE MANAGER ?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12795019/ref-watch-how-did-the-referee-send-off-the-wrong-bolton-player-for-violent-conduct

He is obviously going to a club now "on the level" in area where the pace of life and presumably the "distractions" are less.

We have made two mistakes letting strikers go in the last few years  selling May for peanuts and letting the other bloke go for free who ended up at Crawley .

So the loan move is a no brainer and WHEN he bags a few he will have a saleable value ?.

The question is why has it taken so long to happen ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 07, 2023, 12:52:55 pm by GazLaz »

Christ on a bike, if someone had infiltrated us as an enemy agent they couldn't have done a better job of screwing us over.

The recruitment is still poor. Absolute screams guess work and finding a name and building a positive narrative to convince themselves they are good to me.

The nice, honest, northern white lad approach isn’t working.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 07, 2023, 01:05:05 pm by MachoMadness »
Another player who disappeared into the treatment room and was never the same. I thought he showed flashes of potential last season, one of the few to do so. Remember people raving about him after his goal at Sunderland. But something's not right, either his head's gone or his legs have after his injury. I'd be surprised if we see him in a Rovers shirt again.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 07, 2023, 02:07:59 pm by Campsall rover »

The recruitment is still poor. Absolute screams guess work and finding a name and building a positive narrative to convince themselves they are good to me.

That last paragraph GazLaz  ???   Would you like to explain that one.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 07, 2023, 02:29:09 pm by Spud »
Other than the goal at Sunderland I can't remember him doing anything good. He seems to get given the benefit of the doubt by so many on here cos of where he came from, the exact opposite of Mitchell.
Good luck to the lad but I'll be disappointed if he's still on our books next season.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 07, 2023, 02:35:02 pm by timdrfc »
Other than the goal at Sunderland I can't remember him doing anything good. He seems to get given the benefit of the doubt by so many on here cos of where he came from, the exact opposite of Mitchell.
Good luck to the lad but I'll be disappointed if he's still on our books next season.

Totally agree, well overrated because of where he’s come from.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 07, 2023, 03:36:21 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

In my world I believe he is being sarcastic meaning he means exactly the opposite to what he has posted

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 07, 2023, 04:33:56 pm by Drover »
Bostock
Bogle
Balcombe
Simoes
Robertson
Williams
Hiwula
Barlow
Gardner
Dodoo
Cukur
Dahlberg
Vilca
Agard
Younger
Clayton
Griffiths
Odubeko
Jackson

Bookended by Ed Williams, Ray Tulloch, Joe Lumley (summer-autumn 2020), and Long, Tomlin, Andrews, and Woltman (summer 2022).

Pick the bones out of that lot.

(Above is a non-exhaustive list excluding the few successes)

Is it just coincidence our recruitment has been dour after we dropped down the spending on agents fees table? Does the spending on agents fees have a Big,small or non-existant effect on our ability to self fund?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 07, 2023, 04:48:18 pm by GazLaz »

Kind of feels like they are trying to build a team of players of a similar demographic in an attempt to build a team of people that will get on.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 07, 2023, 05:00:10 pm by pib »

Kind of feels like they are trying to build a team of players of a similar demographic in an attempt to build a team of people that will get on.

Genuine question Gaz - I note you've posted previously that you've met with Copps and have presumably discussed your ideas around recruitment. Are you able to shed any light on that at all? i.e. whether there was any appetite to adopt a more statistical approach, or any compelling reason why current processes are prevailing.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 07, 2023, 05:24:59 pm by GazLaz »

Genuine question Gaz - I note you've posted previously that you've met with Copps and have presumably discussed your ideas around recruitment. Are you able to shed any light on that at all? i.e. whether there was any appetite to adopt a more statistical approach, or any compelling reason why current processes are prevailing.

I think I’d you were to ask people at the club they would say they use data during the recruitment process. It’s clear character has been identified as the most important aspect in a player, well, trying to find players that may gel and with a very low potential to be hard to manage. Obviously this is important, but being good at football and having the potential to play at a level above I’d the most important thing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012