Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:11:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reo  (Read 6568 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Reo
« on September 02, 2023, 10:03:24 am by Canadian Rover »
Grant said Reo had been ill for the past 3 weeks and he'd not seen him. This is such a bizzare story with him, something not obviously right about this lad and professional football. It's fairly obvious he doesn't wanna be at the club but honestly I don't see who will ever give him a contract. Maybe he's the one we should consider giving some sort of mutual agreement to.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thorney

• Forum Member
Re: Reo
« Reply #1 on September 02, 2023, 10:11:04 am by Thorney »
Think reo will happily sit out his contract without playing a single second.
The lads attitude appears very very poor. Will end up playing 8th tier football. And still warming the bench

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 02, 2023, 10:29:32 am by Silkscarf »
We don’t know the reasons behind what’s happened for him with us. We can speculate but it’s not helpful. Many many talented footballers drop out of the game for various reasons.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 02, 2023, 10:56:39 am by Donnywolf »
... and presumably "untalented" ones ?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 02, 2023, 11:11:18 am by Lesonthewest »
Just seen that Bolton have cancelled Kieron Sadliers contract, surprising that one.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 02, 2023, 11:15:42 am by Chris Black come back »
Gets his wages off the books. Off to Orient I think.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 02, 2023, 11:17:54 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Grant said Reo had been ill for the past 3 weeks and he'd not seen him. This is such a bizzare story with him, something not obviously right about this lad and professional football. It's fairly obvious he doesn't wanna be at the club but honestly I don't see who will ever give him a contract. Maybe he's the one we should consider giving some sort of mutual agreement to.

How do you know he's not suffering with an underlying debilitating illness? It wouldn't be the first time one of our young footballers finds himself suffering with a life changing condition.

What evidence do we have that he has a bad attitude which has led to him becoming lazy, overweight etc?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 02, 2023, 12:08:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Or a mental condition. Don't judge him or speculate, leave it at that.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 02, 2023, 02:32:05 pm by Canadian Rover »
The question was placed in a public interview about releasing him from his contract specifically and was featured on the clubs official YouTube channel, therefore I feel fully justified to be able to ask the question on here in a forum.

Further to the replies: DonnyBazRover I do have "evidence" of a poor attitude from Reo from a source that I don't wish to bring out on a public forum.

If the lad is suffering from mental health or physical problems I too wish him well and a recovery.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 02, 2023, 02:51:38 pm by 5minstogo »
I think we can probably read between the lines as to what his illness issues are and why he's not been around the club for a few weeks. Hopefully all can be resolved for the lad because he definitely has ability.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 02, 2023, 05:44:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
No idea what his issue is but we all take it granted at times how much they deal with when they are just kids. Reo gets told he is the next big thing when a teenager, then before he knows it is shipped out to play on a foreign country as a teenager where he doesn’t know anyone and highly likely doesn’t speak the language, has to grow up there, then eventually doesn’t make it there and comes back to UK mid-season and thrown into absolute shit show of a club that over course or next 2 seasons gets worse and then eventually terrible, during which he has 3 different managers and a club restructuring to deal with. He is currently recently turned 23. Think about what most lads have done in their lives by 23?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 05, 2023, 07:06:54 pm by GazLaz »
Picture of him in the gym on Instagram. Looks in decent nick to be fair.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 05, 2023, 10:08:05 pm by essexrover »
Just seen that Bolton have cancelled Kieron Sadliers contract, surprising that one.
Gets his wages off the books. Off to Orient I think.
Signed for Wycombe Wanderers.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 06, 2023, 06:12:04 am by Padge_DRFC »
Always thought he was a good weight lifter

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 06, 2023, 10:53:05 am by glosterred »
Picture of him in the gym on Instagram. Looks in decent nick to be fair.

I take it you mean Reo? If so not ill for 3 weeks as Grant said recently. Or he’s better now!

COYR

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 07, 2023, 10:07:41 pm by ncRover »
Or maybe he’s realised he needs to make it look like he’s got his arse in to gear to have any hope of earning money playing football.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 07, 2023, 10:23:49 pm by 5minstogo »
I wish I was unfit as Reo.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 08, 2023, 01:51:32 pm by RoversInSpain »
Come on Liam Hoden, let’s have an interview with him and hear what’s going on.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 22, 2024, 09:22:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
Now playing for Critics FC in the Senior Division (top tier) of the Essex Sunday Corinthian Football League. So far this season 3 appearances, 4 goals and 1 assist.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 22, 2024, 09:37:58 pm by MachoMadness »
That's quite a drop off for the lad. Always thought there was a player in there if his head and heart were really in the game. Obviously neither was.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 22, 2024, 09:51:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Probably moved back home and it's just a local team, do well there and he'll quickly climb back up.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 23, 2024, 05:31:56 pm by scawsby steve »
Probably moved back home and it's just a local team, do well there and he'll quickly climb back up.

Back up to what though? His time with Rovers has been appalling, and I can't see a future for him as a professional footballer.

I assume his contract with us has now been terminated. I can't remember if I read that somewhere.

waldron40

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 23, 2024, 05:40:09 pm by waldron40 »

Back up to what though? His time with Rovers has been appalling, and I can't see a future for him as a professional footballer.

I assume his contract with us has now been terminated. I can't remember if I read that somewhere.
Terminated 10 Nov 23 by mutual agreement

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 23, 2024, 06:27:29 pm by scawsby steve »

Terminated 10 Nov 23 by mutual agreement

Thanks, Waldron.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 23, 2024, 07:00:49 pm by GazLaz »
He will just be having a kick with his mates. Imagine turning up on a Sunday after being on the piss on Saturday night and finding out you had to mark him. You’d get back in the car and go home.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 24, 2024, 11:11:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He will just be having a kick with his mates. Imagine turning up on a Sunday after being on the piss on Saturday night and finding out you had to mark him. You’d get back in the car and go home.

Don't get me started on my Dearne Valley Sunday League / Billy Whitehurst anecdote again.

If I ever go on Only Connect, Victoria Coren will introduce me thus. "And on their team, William Stubbs-Tears who once pappered his shorts in fear while getting changed in the tap room of the Goldthorpe Hotel when someone told him he was marking Billy Whitehurst that morning".

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 25, 2024, 11:32:57 am by acacia94 »
Very fine anecdotal work BST!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 25, 2024, 12:37:59 pm by roversdude »
Did you make friends with him Billy to Billy

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 25, 2024, 04:27:55 pm by scawsby steve »

Billy Whitehurst doesn't do friends as such. If you're not too bad, he'll let you live.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 25, 2024, 04:47:34 pm by roversdude »

Billy Whitehurst doesn't do friends as such. If you're not too bad, he'll let you live.

I’m still trying to figure out how he got sent off away at Hartlepool

TinyPortal © 2005-2012