Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:58:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reminder for Barnsley  (Read 3090 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Reminder for Barnsley
« on March 25, 2010, 02:36:02 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
That it is all ticket and no pay on day available.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re:Reminder for Barnsley
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2010, 05:19:06 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
2138 sold. Just updated on KM website.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2010, 05:21:11 pm by MrFrost »
Struggle to take 2500. Very poor.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2010, 05:55:46 pm by roversdude »
BLOODY HELL, struggle to take 2500 we regularly had less at home games

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2010, 06:16:43 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
MrFrost wrote:
Struggle to take 2500. Very poor.

I'd be happy with 3300 to match what they brung.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2010, 06:25:22 pm by MrFrost »
roversdude wrote:

That was then, this is now. When in recent years we've took over 5000 and 4000 to Barnsley.

We've not taken 3000 to an away geame yet this season, and at this level that is poor.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2010, 06:45:58 pm by donnievic »
Agree with you Frosty (must be a 1st)should be taking more than that for local derbies especiallywhen we get fans moaning they can't get tickets for Newcastle away because we sold out

Donnyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2010, 07:20:19 pm by Donnyboy »
That \"update\" can't be right surely they haven't updated the blackpool one for ages thats still at 97 i wouldn't trust that for one second, however i agree with Frosty though we have 7,000+ season ticket holders and not even 50% of them want to travel 19 miles to Barnsley for a local derby? Shocking

How many teams even give away teams an allocation of over 3,000? i can only think of Wednesday and Barnsley

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2010, 07:44:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The main reason why sales will be down ..... Lincoln meeting at Donny this weekend.  Always has a big effect on our crowds does the racing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2010, 08:06:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
not even 50% of them want to travel 19 miles to Barnsley for a local derby? Shocking

I'm skint. Wanna buy me a ticket ? Plus next season's season ticket got to be paid for soon.

Don't care if its 19 or 190 miles away, the bank manager says NO !!

Biggles

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2010, 08:19:06 am by Biggles »
Just decided i'm going to the Barnsley match, do they still sell tickets at the town centre club shop or will i have to get my arse down to the KM?

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2010, 09:12:43 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
I hate it when people get on their high horse and label our support as shite. Everyone has a moan that crowds are rubbish etc, yet by doing so, they just alienate the fans that may not be able to go for one reason or another.

Personally, I go to the football to watch the game, I enjoy a really good atmosphere, but to be honest, I couldn't give a shit how many fans are creating it, especially at away games when its not like our own club is benefiting financially.

So what if we take less than 3,000, so what if we take less than Barnsley brought to us. If you hadn't all noticed, the game is played on the pitch and not in the stands, and the last time I looked, we were above Barnsley, 'shite' away support or not!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2010, 09:42:40 am by SkellowRover »
MrFrost wrote:
roversdude wrote:

That was then, this is now. When in recent years we've took over 5000 and 4000 to Barnsley.

We've not taken 3000 to an away geame yet this season, and at this level that is poor.

Jog on sunshine and give it a rest. Times are hard for a lot, i'm lucky as i can afford to go and i've just paid for 4 season tickets too, but i have mates that aren't as lucky and aren't going to away games so they can buy season tickets for next year. If it's a choice of an away game at barnsley or your season ticket what would you choose? afterall you we're the one banging on about how times are hard for your friends the other week when it came to renewing season tickets, so get off your hypocritical high horse.

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2010, 10:00:17 am by Goldthorpe Rover »
Totally agree with the last comment it is a nice to have going away to other grounds but our priority as fans is to fill our own seats first.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2010, 11:54:13 am by coventryrover »
MrFrost wrote:
roversdude wrote:

I guess the recession hasn't hit Mr Frosts household then?

With two home games just gone how many people could afford another game on top of those within the space of a week?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2010, 12:26:24 pm by MrFrost »
coventryrover wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
roversdude wrote:

I guess the recession hasn't hit Mr Frosts household then?

With two home games just gone how many people could afford another game on top of those within the space of a week?

A few weeks ago I was shot down on here for suggesting people wouldn't be able to afford season tickets by people saying it's their own fault and they should have saved up. I have to laugh now that people are using the very same excuse to defend poor away ticket sales.

The two home games in a week doesn't make no odds either as if you have a season ticket your tickets for these games were paid for a long time ago.

Skellow if you are trying to patronise me with the jog on sunshine comment then you have failed. It's about time some of our fans took off the rose tinted specs off.

After a trip to the ticket office earlier I'm not surprised we've sold so few either. But I won't bother telling anyone what I witnessed as I will be accused of moaning etc etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012