Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:34:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Not worried  (Read 5415 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Not worried
« on September 09, 2023, 05:04:51 pm by Canadian Rover »
I know Gavin said the same last year ...but with this team and coaching staff I am not worried about the season ahead.

We will go on a winning run. Some real promising signs.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Batleyred

• Forum Member
Re: Not worried
« Reply #1 on September 09, 2023, 05:06:50 pm by Batleyred »
Agree with that

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 09, 2023, 05:07:06 pm by In the box »
McCann isn’t stupid he will be working overtime every day to bring in the players needed to turn chances into goals !!

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 09, 2023, 05:08:06 pm by ncRover »
McCann isn’t stupid he will be working overtime every day to bring in the players needed to turn chances into goals !!

You want more players? There’s only so many you can have in an EFL squad

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 09, 2023, 05:08:39 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Well we will have a bit of a wait if that's the case given the transfer window has just shut.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 09, 2023, 05:08:53 pm by Copps is Magic »
We played alright today, so I am not going to slate the performance. But there is a clear problem.

We look like a squad full of young, naive kids who have too many mistakes in them and take too many bad decisions. We're just 3-5% off the opposition every week in terms of decisions and being clinical.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 09, 2023, 05:10:29 pm by Donnyjim »
I admire your optimism but winning runs have been absent for years now. Even if you go on one, a losing run usually ensues. Staying up this season is our one and only goal at the moment.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 09, 2023, 05:11:44 pm by ncRover »
Next 4

Forest Green (A)
Gillingham (H)
Barrow (A)
Crawley (H)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 09, 2023, 05:11:52 pm by mushRTID »
WEVE GOT MCCANN

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 09, 2023, 05:13:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
Largely decent performance today. We probably deserved a draw. Didn't think they were much cop tbh.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 09, 2023, 05:13:52 pm by Fal »
I’m also not concerned, it’s coming.

We have also played 5 of the the current top 7 in the league.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 09, 2023, 05:17:17 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
It’s so frustrating because the performances are largely there but we are getting absolutely nothing out of the games

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 09, 2023, 05:18:28 pm by In the box »
Largely decent performance today. We probably deserved a draw. Didn't think they were much cop tbh.
Performances are improving but Ironside is just not effective enough . Strikers need opportunities and he’s had a fair few and isn’t looking like taking them consistently. Faal is the same . I’m sure McCann solve the problem but it’s a mid table finish at best if he can’t  finds someone who can convert soon !

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 09, 2023, 05:19:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We're playing well but we just are not scoring enough goals.  Goals change games and we just aren't getting them.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 09, 2023, 05:19:46 pm by MachoMadness »
Good patterns of play, which is more than we got last season admittedly, don't mean much if you don't create enough, don't score when you do create something, and give away at least one, usually 2 soft goals every game.

Very naive to think we can't go down with these issues still going unaddressed.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 09, 2023, 05:22:38 pm by philsky »
Likewise.

Getting better each match.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 09, 2023, 05:23:30 pm by ncRover »
Performances are improving but Ironside is just not effective enough . Strikers need opportunities and he’s had a fair few and isn’t looking like taking them consistently. Faal is the same . I’m sure McCann solve the problem but it’s a mid table finish at best if he can’t  finds someone who can convert soon !

What big chances did he miss? 2 opportunities for a final ball to him that if executed properly from Marsh and Molyneux mean you aren’t saying that.

The lack of goals is not Ironside’s fault

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 09, 2023, 05:24:29 pm by TonySoprano »
The clubs been abysmally ran for years, not even mcann with a few quid can turn that around quickly.

The start to the season has been a disaster, but he needs time.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 09, 2023, 05:25:55 pm by StocksArmy »
Its not about being concerned. If you are concerned watching us over the past 4 games you are a bit silly but, as a supporter you are either the type who are happy to win a couple and lose a couple or you want to get out of this league. I don't know if anybody has noticed but, the money clubs are throwing at it now, it will just keep getting harder and we will get lost amongst it and be stuck here for quite some time.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 09, 2023, 05:26:01 pm by jmt23 »
Look let nobody try and associate this team with the last two to three years - we look like we are finding a real groove. Todays loss is nothing to do with performance or players. Today is another day the finials have cost us, cancelled goal, indisputable second yellow for Lee, who went on to score their winner.
Seriously poor officiating.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 09, 2023, 05:29:29 pm by EasyforDennis »
We had TWO shots on target today. That tells you a lot.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 09, 2023, 05:30:20 pm by normal rules »
god, the wins are going to be so sweet this season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 09, 2023, 05:31:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
Generally we are more solid and structured but not enough creativity to be a threat. We’ve also moved away from Roberts and Sotana due to their inability to defend or track, which is right, but we then lose and penetration. A lot falls on shoulders of Faal who is expected in current set up to be both creator and finisher.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 09, 2023, 05:32:53 pm by Pliskin »
Depends what you're not worried about.

Relegation? No, I'm not worried about that.

But it's pretty apparent already that the club isn't going to be anywhere near where it was hoping to be before the season kicked off. So am I worried about that, and another season written off early? Yes.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 09, 2023, 05:33:58 pm by scawsby steve »
I'm not worried about going down, because I think we've too good a squad for that to happen.

My worry is of a different concern. We look like a half decent mid-table League 2 team, and I'm concerned that we could be for a few years, which would be a disaster for attendances and ST sales.

How do we stop this? Is Terry going to put even more money in next season to get us the quality we so obviously need to become a promotion side? Is he even going to put any more money in?

At the moment, we're a team that just doesn't seem to know how to be successful.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 09, 2023, 05:35:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Still people think we can win the league.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 09, 2023, 05:35:59 pm by ncRover »
Ironside and Miller is a deadly and well-balanced strike duo at this level.

Miller’s movement allows more creative options.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 09, 2023, 05:37:10 pm by tyke1962 »
Well that's the second game I've seen Rovers the other was the Everton cup tie .

Rovers enjoyed some decent spells I thought in the game but you are crying out for a cutting edge and a bit of been there experience .

Wrexham have that and to be honest that was the difference , I take the point Fletcher and Mullin are on a bob or two but none the less if Rovers had brought those two on off the bench with the game tied up at 1-1 you'd probably have won the game .

Absolutely crying out for some know how and dare I say a couple who are masters of the dark arts .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 09, 2023, 05:39:14 pm by GazLaz »
We don’t create enough chances. We need to let the handbrake off a bit. We look really concerned with keeping things tight but it’s slowing everything down in attack. All looks too slow in the final third.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 09, 2023, 05:40:26 pm by monkeytennis »
Firstly I just want to see a win. You can be not worried but still have concern that we have no wins yet after 7 games, the worst GD in the league and are rock bottom.

Yes it’s early days but this is not some tinpot league any more - every team is trying to get out of it and the bar to do so keeps getting higher and higher.

Every game I’ve seen we do seem to making incremental improvements but my worry is that is not going to be enough to have us challenging for a decent position.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012