Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:18:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Backing up new Laptop  (Read 767 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Backing up new Laptop
« on February 12, 2017, 01:46:02 pm by Donnywolf »
Another couple of "dumb a**" questions to most people but here goes !

New Laptop - Has Windows pre installed but I have no Windows Recovery Discs or similar. So following the Manual I bought a Flash Drive and made a "Recovery" on it. It seems to have worked as it has data on it now and almost filled the Drive the size of which was specified. Hopefully I will never need it but is there a way to check it is there ?

Q2 - I have read more and more about people hacking your PC and then locking you out until you pay a ransom (and then you probably dont get the stuff back anyway) so I have been trying to back up my stuff with File History. I read the stuff from Google but still cant get happy that I have got what I want because the Data generated does not seem that big

I have an external Hard Drive which is 1Tb and that is nearly full so I was not expecting to get File History on it as well AND I have run File History a few times now but any one know what it saves and how big would the Back up actually be.

Cheers "useless" - me not you of course

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ballysbackin

Re: Backing up new Laptop
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2017, 12:58:42 pm by ballysbackin »
JT Doing a back up is a lengthy event and if you save to CD it may be about 4 or 5 discs.  For safety I would be inclined to purchase another 1TB external hard drive and save it all together separately from anything else or possible virus,

ballysbackin

Re: Backing up new Laptop
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2017, 01:00:51 pm by ballysbackin »
Windows now operate a NO DISC (So no sell on or copying available) everything is on line and as my son found out if you make a mistake after entering the bar code number, then you have to buy another Office Suite as once the number is used they do not believe it is a mistake.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012