Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 02:03:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Catering nothings changed  (Read 33093 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Catering nothings changed
« Reply #240 on September 17, 2017, 06:59:07 pm by idler »
A good pint of real ale in the Cheswold normally. I normally have one or two pre-match.
It's been the highlight of many home matches over the last few years.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on September 17, 2017, 07:46:47 pm by 5minstogo »
Give it a rest nobody is forced to buy anything , just bring your own and save the rant for things that may just get sorted .

Might as well just close that revenue stream entirely hey? Saves on staff costs. For me and lots of others it forms part of the matchday experience.

But your right I'll bring my own hotdog next time.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on September 17, 2017, 07:51:01 pm by RedJ »
Waiting ages for shite overpriced food and shite service, both of which you KNOW is going to be shite, is part of the matchday experience is it?

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on September 17, 2017, 07:51:39 pm by mattco »
The bitter 1876 was awful today in BVB, cloudy and sour. I took my 2 pints back and they were changed without any argument. However, the replacements were exactly the same. Normally any decent landlord would realise there was a problem with the barrel and would change it, not continue to serve sour beer.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on September 18, 2017, 01:44:46 pm by ravenrover »
never had a problem in West stand with my pre match cup of tea. Even had a sausage roll at 1 of the friendlies and that was  OK too

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #245 on September 18, 2017, 05:23:50 pm by silent majority »
The bitter 1876 was awful today in BVB, cloudy and sour. I took my 2 pints back and they were changed without any argument. However, the replacements were exactly the same. Normally any decent landlord would realise there was a problem with the barrel and would change it, not continue to serve sour beer.

It was probably 3 years out of date.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #246 on September 18, 2017, 05:34:26 pm by not on facebook »
never had a problem in West stand with my pre match cup of tea. Even had a sausage roll at 1 of the friendlies and that was  OK too

I keep on banging on on how good the sausage rolls are .they are really really nice and Iam sure it's the exact same sausage rolls that you get in greggs but cost far more pounds and pence,but the price is what it is.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #247 on September 19, 2017, 08:29:32 pm by silent majority »
From a Scunny fan.......

Always enjoy going in that bar at the ground, pie and pint £5, pie was good too. Good system of getting served too. Well done Donny.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on September 19, 2017, 09:24:36 pm by 5minstogo »
From a Scunny fan.......

Always enjoy going in that bar at the ground, pie and pint £5, pie was good too. Good system of getting served too. Well done Donny.

My problem was with the kiosks in the south stand. I never have an issue pre match.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on September 19, 2017, 10:02:18 pm by roversdude »
From a Scunny fan.......

My problem was with the kiosks in the south stand. I never have an issue pre match.

Agree with bar my problems have been West Stand kiosks

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on September 19, 2017, 10:45:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »
So the BVB and Corporate is ok as has been said on numerous occasions, it looks as if its the concourses that are the issue still.
 I will still dispute the main price lists! they purely say Lager etc   they do  not state whether its asda 2% piss water or  Kronenberg 1664 at 4.5% or so,  the customers need to know what they are buying,  I don't know  but  yet again I would suggest  this is illegal nowadays.
As far as I'm aware the price list has to stipulate what you are buying with regard to alcohol

and as Ive previously said I normally don't bother now as Ive had cold coffee, awful tasting beer, 10 chips, cold burgers etc etc that is my personal previous experience with the concourses.

What is being served is absolutely nothing like the samples that were served up at one of the "Meet the Owners" meetings when this really started to kick off

However my experiences in the BVB and Corporate are totally different,  says it all really!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:52:30 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #251 on September 19, 2017, 11:12:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BVB is better since it added more seats, but it still needs more.

It's ironic really that in the ground you generally have to sit down, and aren't allowed alcohol, and are segregated from away fans, but in the BVB you are allowed alcohol, but generally can't sit down because the seats are often taken up with away fans!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #252 on September 20, 2017, 10:00:58 am by bobjimwilly »
BVB is better since it added more seats, but it still needs more.

Maybe more high chairs with tall tables, but please don't add more large tables, there's not enough room as it is when the place is full! From my observations many of those who choose to sit down only go to the bar once and take up more room than those standing as well

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #253 on September 20, 2017, 10:35:04 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yes, definitely more high chairs with tall tables, preferably in place of the large tables.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on September 20, 2017, 12:45:55 pm by Mike_F »
I often have pie, peas and gravy in the BVB so I like the lower tables and chairs as they're more convenient for eating. I think the balance is about right at present. And I have two or three pints in there pre-match whilst sitting at one of those tables so that's probably about average.

As per above, no issues with the BVB. Always a decent pint and fairly quick service thanks to numerous staff and the tensabarrier queuing system but the same 1879 beer bought on the concourse is vile and I can only put it down to the pipes not being maintained properly.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #255 on September 20, 2017, 02:48:46 pm by bobjimwilly »
I think we can all agree it the concourse outlets that are the issue; unfortunately they are the outlets the see the most custom on a matchday - why can't you just f*ck up meals served to boxes and VIPs instead, Centerplate!?!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on September 21, 2017, 08:04:44 am by Donnywolf »
Arsenal Catering

Well on the face of it not bad except they had run out of Tetleys Bitter (despite knowing the Away support  that was expected) at 7pm when I tried to buy

It would have been way more expensive than at home as were all other Drinks. £6 for a small Wine instead. Sorry I like at drink but was not that desperate

Coffee and Tea same system as ours but hardly room to add milk and sugar and the area had no Bins and looked a pig sty

Half time saw the Kiosks rammed to capacity and I fancied another Coffee and managed (just) to get one before the second half started and only managed to do it by taking the Milk Sugar etc back to my Seat

The other mans grass is always greener ? I dont think it was that much greener

Big praise for the "Bogs" though of which there were many both inside and outside. The outside ones would be very useful to those wanting to stay outside for a tour or to meet friends etc and were all around the Ground

Inside the units were again of a sensible number and type and were clean tidy and respected by the look of it. So that was a BIG plus   

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on September 21, 2017, 08:28:40 am by Chris Black come back »
20 minute queue to go for pee at half time! Never seen owt like it.

"Only" 44k there but walking up to ground you see scale of operation they put on. Hundreds of stewards all way down road to tube, barriers up all way down road for hundreds of yards. Costs they must be carrying are absolutely massive. Huge.

Let me be clear. There are NO benefits of having an out of town stadium. They should be in middle of towns or cities. Part of the fabric and not shoved out alongside Toys r Us and Freddie's soft foam funhouse. However you can see benefits of doing that if you are major club. Far easier to manage getting folk away afterwards.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on September 21, 2017, 09:09:37 am by 5minstogo »
£6.40 for a Jerk hotdog but by then I was ravenous. Quality was better but at inflated prices, that's London I guess.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on September 21, 2017, 10:48:26 am by Superspy »
Credit to them for doing an early bird deal of pie and a pint or pie and a large soft drink for a fiver 45 minutes before kick-off. Basically made the pie 10p on top of the price of the pint.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #260 on September 21, 2017, 10:59:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
The sheer volume of people made it impossible to adequately cater for all those wanting to use the toilets at half-time. It's one aspect of football where they are not too eager to take the piss.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on September 21, 2017, 02:09:27 pm by Drover »
Credit to them for doing an early bird deal of pie and a pint or pie and a large soft drink for a fiver 45 minutes before kick-off. Basically made the pie 10p on top of the price of the pint.

Damn,I read about an early bird pie and a pint on an online fans ground guide to the Emirates,But when I asked 2 staff at the kiosks,they said they don't do one and I could'nt see any sign,so I took their word for it,that they was'nt doing it.I could have saved £7.60 for me and my lad.The sod's.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on September 21, 2017, 02:22:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Think sometimes is just pot luck which piss pot you choose to use. Guess I was lucky to get to a urinal at H/T without queuing too long and also had enough time to find a kiosk without a massive queue to purchase a pie.

Just like home, they had run out of steak pies so had the Chicken Balti. No real difference in quality but noted the pies were served in a wrapper which seems to keep them fresher!

So many more staff manning the kiosks but hey, it's a bigger club dealing with far greater numbers week in week out. No doubt a bigger pool of workers to choose from!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #263 on September 21, 2017, 02:29:21 pm by Jenny »
Having contactless payment last night no doubt sped things up a little too. Not relying on halfwits trying to figure out how to give you the right change.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on September 21, 2017, 02:38:05 pm by eastender »
I was one of the first in at 6pm and had to remind them about the £5 Pie & Pint deal as only the Kiosk manager seemed to know anything about it.
We told a lot of folk a round us , who then went back with their receipts  and got a refund.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on September 21, 2017, 05:51:06 pm by Drover »
I was one of the first in at 6pm and had to remind them about the £5 Pie & Pint deal as only the Kiosk manager seemed to know anything about it.
We told a lot of folk a round us , who then went back with their receipts  and got a refund.

I kept my receipt for our pints,but think my lad will have thrown his for the pies,only found out it was early bird after reading superspy's post today,I have emailed the club,you never know.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #266 on September 22, 2017, 04:51:17 pm by deebee »
We got a really nice burger with all the trimmings for £3.50 across from the stadium cooked fresh and very hot. With no queues.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #267 on September 22, 2017, 05:02:31 pm by Pancho Regan »

I kept my receipt for our pints,but think my lad will have thrown his for the pies,only found out it was early bird after reading superspy's post today,I have emailed the club,you never know.

Drover, I only knew about the Pie & Pint offer after reading about it on the information for away fans on the Arsenal website. There were no signs at the kiosk I used, but there was no problem when I asked the server if they did it.
What time did you order? The offer was only valid up until 7.00pm.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #268 on September 22, 2017, 06:25:29 pm by Superspy »

Drover, I only knew about the Pie & Pint offer after reading about it on the information for away fans on the Arsenal website. There were no signs at the kiosk I used, but there was no problem when I asked the server if they did it.
What time did you order? The offer was only valid up until 7.00pm.

Was the same story for us...I'd seen it on the info site. Clearly the staff weren't trying to push it (not that I'd expect them to try and up-sell a loss-leader) but certainly no issues once we asked about it.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #269 on September 22, 2017, 08:24:17 pm by besty »
The man burger after the game was the best burger ever!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012