Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 09:43:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Update on whether Doncaster Rovers will run the rule over trialists  (Read 2584 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Let’s hope some suit DM and get signed

It’s not looking great at the minute

I’m assuming it won’t be an issue and it’s in hand

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Update on whether Doncaster Rovers will run the rule over trialists
« Reply #1 on August 12, 2020, 09:03:35 am by IDM »
What’s not looking great.?

The lack of signings yet, or the sort of players coming in as trialists.?

If it’s the latter I’d be interested to hear how you know, but if as I suspect it is the former, then the fact we are planning to bring trialists in should go some way to alleviating this.?

Not having a go at you in person, at all, but can’t we just have some patience as fans, and let the club get on with it.?

Specifically this season since the pandemic has turned everything upside down.?

the vicar

• Forum Member
I think IDM, he is trying to say it is unsure if we will have any trialists or not with the testing

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
Anyone with some free time to have a pop down and see if can put some names to these trialists... the report says that when these came available the club changed there approach and they are keen to join the club so all sounds positive there.

End of the day as much as we don't like to admit it, we aren't going to be spending silly money to bring in players, we have to believe in the process. If that means signing 4 or 5 free agents and then loans on top then that's how it will be done.

Wycombe didn't do too shabby last season and pretty sure they weren't big spenders.... its having a manager with a good plan and a team that are fully behind it.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
My point was “at the minute” if we don’t get some players in soon we’re in the sxxt. If we leave it late they won’t get much pre season together

That is my worry. Not meant to be negative but if we had to start with what we’ve got at the minute we’d probably struggle. We’ve only 1 keeper to start with
For me this will hoping be the making of DM using his contacts and bringing in some decent players

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
We have exactly a month from now to the start of the season. Hopefully these trialist impress and that's 3 to 4 new faces in and now its been a couple of weeks since the PL and Championship ended, squads will be coming back in and players made available for either transfer or loan. I think from this week things should start to pick up.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 12, 2020, 10:26:15 am by IDM »
I think IDM, he is trying to say it is unsure if we will have any trialists or not with the testing

Have a look at the DFP website.  The changes reported in recent days means we can take trialists.

the vicar

• Forum Member
I know but I was just trying to say what he was trying to say

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 12, 2020, 05:22:21 pm by Janso »
Why do people always assume we're up shit creek without a paddle because we've not signed three full teams worth of players by the second day of the window?

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
Because people see what other teams do and panic..... like I said we have 1 month from today. We have enough time to bring people in and get friendly matches under their belt.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
Why worry it's the same every summer

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 12, 2020, 07:36:26 pm by karlos »
This conversation was had last year and the fact is if we had got the strikers in sooner last year it may well have been the championship we was playing in this year. But we always seem to be the team that says give it time.
Saying all that we are in different times so my own opinion could be wrong!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 12, 2020, 07:50:03 pm by IDM »
Don’t forget the ex-managers departure last summer set us back..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 13, 2020, 08:38:04 am by roversdude »
The ex manager departing after ripping the team to bits

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
My point was “at the minute” if we don’t get some players in soon we’re in the sxxt. If we leave it late they won’t get much pre season together

That is my worry. Not meant to be negative but if we had to start with what we’ve got at the minute we’d probably struggle. We’ve only 1 keeper to start with
For me this will hoping be the making of DM using his contacts and bringing in some decent players
Phil how did we start last season?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
We need as a bare minimum a keeper, some form of cover at right back, a centre back who can expect to start, one central midfielder and two if Whiteman goes, one striker.

That is all the minimum for us to have a side on the pitch. It never really worked at all, but with Sadlier going we have no longer got even a pretend stand-in up front if Fejiri is injured or suspended. Even Boocock has left so we have nowt to back up Fejiri at moment.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:31:20 am by Chris Black come back »

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 13, 2020, 09:33:41 am by CottyRover »
DM said himself that he wanted new players in for the start of preseason. Obviously that's not been possible. It's also clear that DM will wait for the right players and not rush into deals for the sake of filling gaps.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Why do people always assume we're up shit creek without a paddle because we've not signed three full teams worth of players by the second day of the window?
Nothing changes. The moaners will keep moaning.

If we signed 6 new players very early and then got say only 1 or  2 points from the 1st  5 or 6 games what do you think the reaction on here would be like with the usual suspects.

Moore OUT, Moore OUT, Moore OUT.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:42:04 am by Campsall rover »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
We need as a bare minimum a keeper, some form of cover at right back, a centre back who can expect to start, one central midfielder and two if Whiteman goes, one striker.

That is all the minimum for us to have a side on the pitch. It never really worked at all, but with Sadlier going we have no longer got even a pretend stand-in up front if Fejiri is injured or suspended. Even Boocock has left so we have nowt to back up Fejiri at moment.

I agree CBCB although I'd say we need a wide midfielder before we get a centre half. Anderson and Wright are both great options at CB and work well together, but we need someone in to take up the creative mantle vacated by Sadlier and Ramsey, even with Lokilo added to the group already.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
We only have two centre backs though. There is nobody else. In central midfield we have Whiteman, Greaves and Gomes. I would say a centre back is priority.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 13, 2020, 02:57:37 pm by Bessie Red »
We only have two centre backs though. There is nobody else. In central midfield we have Whiteman, Greaves and Gomes. I would say a centre back is priority.
And Lirak Hasani

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 13, 2020, 02:58:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
It’s not just about minimum squad. This season we start late we will probably be playing 3 games a week for the majority of time to complete the season on time. So we have at this moment discounting young professionals we have 12 players. That includes Amos. We know now we can’t expect Copps to be playing 3 games a week regularly. We will get injuries and eventually suspensions. So we will need as CBCB says a GK, right back cover, CH cover, one possibly two in the defensive midfield. The attacking three we need 2 at least and at least one forward player. I believe DM will get what we need through loans and frees ( Trialists). I believe they will be the quality we need. He may spend some of the money if Ben goes we will see. But it wont be minimums it will be players that he believes will move the club forward what ever their ages. I can see 8 players at least joining the squad a mixtue or loans and permanents
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:00:36 pm by steve@dcfd »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Copps, Taylor and Lokilo are an attacking trio behind Fejiri.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 13, 2020, 03:40:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
Copps, Taylor and Lokilo are an attacking trio behind Fejiri.
That’s right Chris whose behind them if Gomes is playing in the centre two. That’s why I believe we need another three with games we have to play.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member

I think that will be Cameron John.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 13, 2020, 03:56:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
And Lirak Hasani
Yes but he’s just 18 he missed a lot of the u18 season through injuries not sure he will be ready yet. But he is part of the squad

TinyPortal © 2005-2012