Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:36:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 2692 times)

Sarge

• Forum Member
Tommy Rowe
« on April 15, 2022, 08:00:46 pm by Sarge »
Stayed to clap the team off today.

What struck me, as the players walked around the south stand goal, it looked to me as Tommy on several occasions tapped the badge and “Looked” to be saying he wasn’t going anywhere next year

Fingers crossed as he’s one of only a few I’d like to see in a Rovers shirt next season, whichever division were in from the current squad
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 08:03:28 pm by Sarge »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2022, 08:01:51 pm by GazLaz »
Stayed to clap the team off today.

What struck me, as the players walked around the south stand goal, it looked to me as Tommy on several occasions tapped the badge and “Looked” to be saying he wasn’t going anywhere next year

He won’t leave.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2022, 08:05:01 pm by ctay »
I have been told he won’t be here next season.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2022, 08:06:37 pm by Canadian Rover »
Agreed Captain Rowe here to stay... give him a midfield position next season please and keep him there!! CB, LB, LWB, CDM, CM, AM, LW...and even CF at one point this season?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2022, 08:09:04 pm by mushRTID »
9 goals in this shamble of a set up, half of which from left back.

Deserves better than league 2.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2022, 08:09:43 pm by GazLaz »

By who?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2022, 08:12:49 pm by drfchound »
Agreed Captain Rowe here to stay... give him a midfield position next season please and keep him there!! CB, LB, LWB, CDM, CM, AM, LW...and even CF at one point this season?

By a country mile, our best player this season.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2022, 08:37:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Excellent little back header that set up our goal.

It's no exaggeration to say that without Rowe, this would have been a statistically worse season than 97/98. The fact that we have any mathematical hope at all at the moment is hugely down to him. 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 15, 2022, 08:39:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I doubt many teams will take a punt on a contracted 34 year old.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 15, 2022, 09:35:08 pm by RugbyRover »
make a good manger for someone

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 15, 2022, 10:24:02 pm by Silkscarf »
He's been fantastic this season in whatever position he's been in. Player of the season by a mile. He could play for us for another 5 years if he wants.

I love him in attacking areas best though. When he gets going down the left towards the box he reminds me of McIndoe sometimes in the way he manages to keep control of the ball just when you think he's lost it and then moves on a bit further daring the defender to stick a foot in. He makes things happen. we don't have enough players like that.

Among several players we really need in the summer is a decent left back, then TR will not be wasted there any longer.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2022, 12:47:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
He's been fantastic this season in whatever position he's been in. Player of the season by a mile. He could play for us for another 5 years if he wants.

I love him in attacking areas best though. When he gets going down the left towards the box he reminds me of McIndoe sometimes in the way he manages to keep control of the ball just when you think he's lost it and then moves on a bit further daring the defender to stick a foot in. He makes things happen. we don't have enough players like that.

Among several players we really need in the summer is a decent left back, then TR will not be wasted there any longer.

Bang on.

The only other example in 50 years of a player being so far ahead of the rest of the squad in basic professionalism, ability, leadership and hard f**king work is Lee Warren in 97/98.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2022, 07:25:14 am by andyst79 »
Brilliant back header to set up our goal and been outstanding all season. However switched off for their 2nd goal yesterday

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2022, 07:31:31 am by Chris Black come back »
He is everything that the rest of the squad should seek to be but clearly are not - he’s started 41 of our 43 league games this season and has a further substitute appearance. He alone has played more league games than Anderson, Close, Taylor, Fejiri and John combined. Absolute engine of a player. Our top scorer mainly from left back.

Almost all our players I can’t bear to watch during the game given their abject and pathetic failures time and time again, but Rowe is pretty much alone in putting in his all throughout the season and having high personal standards of effort, commitment and application.

God only knows what he thinks of the rest of them.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 07:50:08 am by Chris Black come back »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2022, 07:41:27 am by dickos1 »
He’s been our best player by a mile this season,
But if that was anyone else for that second goal he’d be getting some abuse

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2022, 08:32:38 am by Padge_DRFC »
He's gone down and come back up with is before. Hopefully do it again. However a team going in for Rowe is hardly a punt just because of his age. He would walk into the majority of league 1 teams. Glad we have him contracted to hopefully fend of other teams.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2022, 12:22:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He was at fault for the second goal.

But those sort of faults have been few and far between from him this season.

Compare and contrast to the number of back post headers we've conceded at the other side of the goal.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2022, 01:55:25 pm by turnbull for england »
make a good manger for someone

Away with a manger idea

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 16, 2022, 01:56:50 pm by DRFCSouth »
Would certainly be a coup if we can hold onto him.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 16, 2022, 01:57:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Compare and contrast to the number of back post headers we've conceded at the other side of the goal.

Even that's a bit harsh. It was a deep cross and he was holding his position at the far post  Had it not been so deep he would have cleared comfortably, just unfortunate he couldn't back track quickly enough but credit to Sadlier for the rasping finish from the acute angle.

Would echo the comments about Rowe this season. Gone up in my estimation as I've been a critic of him in the past switching on and off at times. He's given everything this season and led by example.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 16, 2022, 02:02:06 pm by Danmckay456 »
Only one of a handful of players I’d keep in all fairness some big earners have to go , injury prone and the ones who are just crap and plenty of them

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 16, 2022, 02:18:07 pm by Campsall rover »
Been very consistent and given 100% every game.

Has to be player of the season.

1) Rowe
2) Smith
3) Olowu

I would be surprised if 75% of people did not agree with those 3  could swap 2. & 3 round I suppose. Under GM Smith has been a revelation. Under RW very average. Olowu has just got better as the season has progressed.

Really hope we can persuade Smith to stay with us next season. Olowu is under contract I am pretty sure for another year.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 16, 2022, 02:26:01 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He’s been like the Lee Warren type of player that played in the Richardson years. Solid and dependable. Build around him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 16, 2022, 02:33:58 pm by drfchound »

Even that's a bit harsh. It was a deep cross and he was holding his position at the far post  Had it not been so deep he would have cleared comfortably, just unfortunate he couldn't back track quickly enough but credit to Sadlier for the rasping finish from the acute angle.

Would echo the comments about Rowe this season. Gone up in my estimation as I've been a critic of him in the past switching on and off at times. He's given everything this season and led by example.

You are not kidding about being harsh on Tommy there.
The cross was perfect and sometimes you have to acknowledge that an attacker has done something good that even the best defenders in the world would struggle to deal with.
All goals are preventable.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 16, 2022, 06:26:26 pm by roversdude »
Great cross and excellent finish from Sadlier

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 16, 2022, 06:42:11 pm by mushRTID »
Cracking goal from Sadlier who generally I thought was rubbish yesterday.

Just shows the individual match winners it seems every other team has in this league except us. I can’t remember one flash of brilliance from anyone really.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 16, 2022, 11:01:50 pm by drfchound »
Mush, I don’t recall many moments this season when I have experienced those edge of the seat situations.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012