Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:52:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Curtis Main  (Read 10906 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Curtis Main
« Reply #30 on January 07, 2016, 10:30:37 pm by RedJ »
I've been watching darts on telly today. It broke my heart thinking that I'd missed the boat by packing the game in. I think back to the half a dozen times when I hit 180 during my 25 years of playing the game.

That proves to me that I had exceptional ability, but I'd clearly not been crafted into a darts player!

Watching BDO darts makes me think I could still make it. :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 07, 2016, 10:35:07 pm by DRFC »
One Rovers fan will give him all the time he has left after getting his signature tattooed on him in the Summer. What a numpty! 😉

Our fans are amazing, aren't they?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 07, 2016, 10:37:52 pm by Mike_F »
I must admit I was quite amazed by it!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 07, 2016, 10:57:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
f**king hell!

I'm all for marking your beliefs to market, but there are limits!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 08, 2016, 12:38:18 am by les@donr »
I hope I'm proved wrong but Main could prove to bea luxury player we can do without like Forrester.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 08, 2016, 12:59:37 am by Sammy Chung was King »
''It has never been proved that Ferguson can walk on water'', but if he can get Main performing, i will start to believe it!. He might end up our secret weapon!. :unsure:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 08, 2016, 01:05:46 am by les@donr »
''It has never been proved that Ferguson can walk on water'', but if he can get Main performing, i will start to believe it!. He might end up our secret weapon!. :unsure:

Sammy, I hope you are right. Curtis want to do well at Rovers and has his heart in it, unlike Forrester. However, does he fit into Fergie's system and has he the talent to unseat either Williams or Tyson? Time will tell. I can see him going out on loan to get some first team football, maybe in Lg2, and then see how he does to decide if he is in Fergie's plans for next season.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 08, 2016, 01:19:41 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Sammy, I hope you are right. Curtis want to do well at Rovers and has his heart in it, unlike Forrester. However, does he fit into Fergie's system and has he the talent to unseat either Williams or Tyson? Time will tell. I can see him going out on loan to get some first team football, maybe in Lg2, and then see how he does to decide if he is in Fergie's plans for next season.

He can do things off the cuff that are outstanding, then at other times he doesn't look a player. My reasoning on it, he has spent far too much time training and not playing first team football, he is a touch behind players of the same age.
 The things you pick up with experience, he hasn't and that's why he plays well one minute terrible the next. Like any player he needs faith shown in him, i am just not sure how he can force his way into the side, unless hoping it doesn't happen we get a terrible injury run with the strikers.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 08, 2016, 05:16:19 am by roversdude »
Accrington could be a good move for Curtis then move up to Rangers

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 08, 2016, 11:39:51 am by drfchound »
I've seen worse players at Rovers.

Lewis Guy.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 08, 2016, 11:44:04 am by Copps is Magic »
Lewis Guy has become the go to example of a player who failed to deceive but you can't take that performance away at Derby from him. He was great that day.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 08, 2016, 11:47:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Copps

That is precisely why so many of us have that opinion of him. He DID have a lot of talent. But he wasted it because he had a heart the size of a pea and preferred to look for the dive as a first option every time he got into the box.

Even if he had been consistently brilliant, I would still have despised him for the diving aspect to his game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 08, 2016, 11:48:13 am by drfchound »
True, and he scored against Cardiff the following game, then didn't even get close to scoring until he was left out 20 games later.

I still laugh when i remember his wide eyed interview on the telly after that Derby goal.
He looked like a little boy who had just won first prize in something or other at school.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 08, 2016, 12:18:34 pm by RoversAlias »
To be fair, Guy was clean through on goal away at Barnsley before Darren Moore rugby tackled him.

Bizarrely, his red card enabled us to go on to lose 4-1 in that game. If only Lewis had gotten through and slotted home...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 08, 2016, 12:59:32 pm by IDM »
Lewis Guy destroyed Port Vale away too, where we won 3-1

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 08, 2016, 04:54:46 pm by Yorkiered »
Maybe I should give Curtis and shove in the right direction and suggest he has a Loxodonta's touch!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 08, 2016, 06:47:32 pm by les@donr »
Where is Lewis Guy, I knew he played for Franchise for a while, but don't know if he is still at a club?

neil grainger

« Reply #47 on January 08, 2016, 07:13:16 pm by neil grainger »
I've always had faith in Curtis and I believe he will prove his doubters wrong.

Rovers fans can be very critical. Consistently good, prolific strikers are few and far between and are seldom going to pitch up at clubs like ours.
Curtis has got ability, he can score goals, but like the majority of footballers (and in particular strikers) he needs confidence. And he needs support, so let's do our bit and give him it!

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 08, 2016, 07:14:04 pm by DRFC »
Amen, Neil.

:aok:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 08, 2016, 07:40:58 pm by drfchound »
Where is Lewis Guy, I knew he played for Franchise for a while, but don't know if he is still at a club?

I googled "Lewis Guy Footballer" and my computer crashed.
Anyway, i have it back on again and apparently he is at Chorley now in the National League North.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 08, 2016, 07:47:30 pm by les@donr »

I googled "Lewis Guy Footballer" and my computer crashed.
Anyway, i have it back on again and apparently he is at Chorley now in the National League North.

Cheers, Hound. I thought he would be higher up the pyramid. Talent wasted.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 08, 2016, 10:12:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Maybe I should give Curtis and shove in the right direction and suggest he has a Loxodonta's touch!

Nice one. Me and thee deserve medals when we go up this year. We've both taken one for the team and been made to look dicks for it.

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=254774.msg583351#msg583351

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 09, 2016, 01:48:20 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I remember seeing him walking towards the changing rooms at Belle vue, before one of the big cup games, he had on a wool coat, the club had some sort of deal with somebody from Bawtry, he looked like a tailors dummy!.
 All you could see in the semi darkness, was a midget with a set of teeth that would put any hoss to shame and as white as Simon Cowells, bouncing across the rutted belle vue carpark, everytime he dropped into a hole i could only just see him!.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 09, 2016, 01:51:21 am by les@donr »
BST, you were right at the time of writing. I also shared your concern for our club. Amazing how a new manager can turn us around from a bunch of wailing Ezekiel's into the Donny Rovers Gospel Choir, singing Oh, Happy Day :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012