Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:11:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

They kit vote is now on, which one would you go for?

Kit 1
7 (8.2%)
Kit 2
18 (21.2%)
Kit 3
35 (41.2%)
Kit 4
12 (14.1%)
Kit 5
13 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: January 30, 2015, 05:29:07 pm

Author Topic: Away kit choices  (Read 37797 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Away kit choices
« Reply #30 on January 24, 2015, 06:27:34 pm by PDX_Rover »
3 is the best but poor choices. Why do we need another kit again??

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 24, 2015, 08:04:47 pm by RedRover45 »
3 is the best but poor choices. Why do we need another kit again??

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 25, 2015, 10:04:44 pm by bobjimwilly »
Bit disappointed there is only navy blue and green to choose from. The "african violet" has been talked about over the past few years, but failed to make it into the final five? Not really seen anyone really mention Navy blue tbh?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 25, 2015, 10:09:54 pm by The Red Baron »
IIRC there was a violet shirt in the final five last year although the design was not as good as the one chosen.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 25, 2015, 10:13:26 pm by The Red Baron »
African violet and black hoops would be the cat's pyjamas as far as I'm concerned. Though I think we are gradually being steered away from hoops generally. I find that disappointing, to say the least.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 25, 2015, 10:27:28 pm by Dagenham Rover »
African violet and black hoops would be the cat's pyjamas as far as I'm concerned. Though I think we are gradually being steered away from hoops generally. I find that disappointing, to say the least.

Because its more of a one off for the manufacturers to do hoops few teams have them, so they want to push us to the more generic choices, just a thought

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 25, 2015, 10:50:54 pm by bobjimwilly »

Because its more of a one off for the manufacturers to do hoops few teams have them, so they want to push us to the more generic choices, just a thought

There was a couple of designs with pinstripes that Lee did, but didn't see many comments, neither positive or negative, on them on here really. However they seem to have made it twice into the final 5 for the home shirts and likewise for the away shirts?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 26, 2015, 06:58:03 am by The Red Baron »

Agree with that, Daggers. I also wonder if those running the club realise how important the hoops are in defining the DRFC brand.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 26, 2015, 08:27:34 am by weststander »
Many of the comments on this subject seem to suggest the club has not really taken fans opinions into account in its discussions with the manufacturer. I wonder how many fans will reciprocate by not buying the "best" of a bad bunch?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 26, 2015, 08:42:59 am by The Red Baron »
Many of the comments on this subject seem to suggest the club has not really taken fans opinions into account in its discussions with the manufacturer. I wonder how many fans will reciprocate by not buying the "best" of a bad bunch?

I think its a bit of both. I think the manufacturer wants to drive us towards their standard templates and I'm not sure the club is pushing back hard enough. They should be saying that as far as the home shirt is concerned hoops are non-negotiable.

If we abandon the hoops I would favour a boycott of the home kit. I do feel red and white hoops are part of our identity.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 26, 2015, 08:50:50 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Kit 3 - simply because it brings back memories of Brentford and the amazing team spirit we had that season.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 26, 2015, 09:04:05 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I never buy them these days as the value for money element isn't there - I'm not going to pay over 40 quid for something I'll rarely wear when it's out of date so quick - so I just stick with old ones.

I made a point before of saying that I did not agree with the yearly changing of shirt, but that we should at least support having a positive influence in the design if that contract can't be gotten out of.  So for the choices provided to be whittled down and adjusted so much makes the whole idea pointless and outside what was the positives within the progress.  That is not IRWT at work as they claim is it?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 26, 2015, 09:06:17 am by The Red Baron »
As the voting on here is academic, does anyone know how the Facebook vote is going?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 26, 2015, 01:03:35 pm by wing commander »
   Yes,i'm sure the new guy is keeping an eye on all this...So my message to him is that we are not stupid..I would rather have no fan engagement than one that wee's up my back...So far I've spoken to a few people and not many seem impreassed it has to be said...

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 26, 2015, 01:29:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Has the manufacturer come up with these? Because I saw so many great ideas posted on the thread on here, yet all the ones on there are shit.
Can whoever is running these kit designs reply to the quote from Machomadness  as it would be nice to get an answer?

You'll have to ask the club that question. Its nothing to do with us, or the supporters I'm afraid.

That is worrying as surely having this be "nothing to do with supporters" was the whole thing IRWT was set up to avoid. Maybe one of the SLOs could pose the question as it seems there's a lot on here who aren't really happy with the kit designs whereas I remember the majority being very enthusiastic about BJW, Lee and the rest's contributions.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 26, 2015, 01:31:33 pm by The Red Baron »
Agreed, Wingco. We can have proper engagement on matters like the kit or we can go back the days when the the club made a decision and we took it or left it. A half measure, where the club pays lip service to fan engagement, is no good at all.

PS. I thought Ryan Murrant's USP was his track record on fan engagement?

PPS. Although decisions about the kit may be taken above his head or have been made before he arrived.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:00:51 pm by The Red Baron »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 26, 2015, 02:29:36 pm by wing commander »
   Well if Mr Murrants track record was fan engagement we have to see more to it than this....Come back Shaun Lockwood all is forgiven...I'm intrigued on what the vsc stance seems to be,they were quite involved in the first one but I get the impression they want little to do with this...Maybe I'm wrong in that???

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 27, 2015, 09:55:11 am by bobjimwilly »
As the voting on here is academic, does anyone know how the Facebook vote is going?

#1 23
#2 112
#3 91
#4 27
#5 39

So one of the kits that wasn't submitted to the club, and therefore must have been designed "on the fly" by someone at the club or Avec, is winning the vote  :thumbdown:
Hopefully supporters club members and anyone who votes in the club shop will choose differently.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 27, 2015, 10:23:54 am by wesisback »
How do you know it wasn't submitted to the club? You mean it wasn't submitted to the club via yourself?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 27, 2015, 10:27:16 am by The Red Baron »
2 is just a darker blue version of this season's away kit. Seems pointless changing really!

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 27, 2015, 10:31:44 am by RJHeader »

#1 23
#2 112
#3 91
#4 27
#5 39

So one of the kits that wasn't submitted to the club, and therefore must have been designed "on the fly" by someone at the club or Avec, is winning the vote  :thumbdown:
Hopefully supporters club members and anyone who votes in the club shop will choose differently.

Even if it wasnt submitted to the club by you. Its being chosen as the favourite so surely it doesnt matter?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 27, 2015, 10:34:50 am by IDM »

#1 23
#2 112
#3 91
#4 27
#5 39

Even if it wasnt submitted to the club by you. Its being chosen as the favourite so surely it doesnt matter?

Folks like me who can't get to the club shop until the next home game, who aren't on the supporters club bus to Chesterfield, and who don't use facebook don't get a vote!

I voted 3 on here, can these votes be added to the overall?  Can someone take this via the VSC to the club please?

I think it is great that the fans are involved with choosing the kits, but this year the process seems flawed.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 27, 2015, 10:59:53 am by RJHeader »

#1 23
#2 112
#3 91
#4 27
#5 39

Folks like me who can't get to the club shop until the next home game, who aren't on the supporters club bus to Chesterfield, and who don't use facebook don't get a vote!

I voted 3 on here, can these votes be added to the overall?  Can someone take this via the VSC to the club please?

I think it is great that the fans are involved with choosing the kits, but this year the process seems flawed.

I havent voted on facebook yet. I'll vote for 3 just for you IDM. Job done.  :aok:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 27, 2015, 11:11:57 am by IDM »
Why thank you..

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 27, 2015, 11:37:36 am by bobjimwilly »
How do you know it wasn't submitted to the club? You mean it wasn't submitted to the club via yourself?

Seeing as though we took it upon ourselves to start the competition this year to get the ball rolling on it, I'd be very disappointed if the club chose to accept designs from other people without even mentioning that to us at any point to us, especially as they didn't ask for designs publicly on DROS or anywhere else.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:49:20 am by bobjimwilly »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 27, 2015, 12:05:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Seeing as though we took it upon ourselves to start the competition this year to get the ball rolling on it, I'd be very disappointed if the club chose to accept designs from other people without even mentioning that to us at any point to us, especially as they didn't ask for designs publicly on DROS or anywhere else.

:) ;)

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 27, 2015, 12:10:17 pm by RJHeader »

This comes across terribly childish. Does it matter who put the kit forward? Its there and its winning the public vote

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 27, 2015, 12:27:17 pm by coventryrover »
I'm colour blind.  Are the blues similar to that of Milwall or Dundees kit?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 27, 2015, 12:39:48 pm by River Don »

Agree with that, Daggers. I also wonder if those running the club realise how important the hoops are in defining the DRFC brand.

It's not because a generic choice is easier, the guy from Just Sport told me they just print the design for the shirt on to the fabric, any design is relatively easy for them to produce. The only problem he had with hoops was it can be difficult for the children in their Bangladesh factory to line up up the designs on seams quickly enough. Their work around was to always include a blank panel on strip under the arms so precision isn't so important.

Last year they were keen that the home shirt should be hoops, perhaps the new guy at the club, can't  remember his name doesn't realise or isn't so bothered about it?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:52:18 pm by River Don »

number_19

« Reply #59 on January 27, 2015, 01:02:03 pm by number_19 »
This years was actually the first away kit I've bought, I usually stick with a home one.
I did like the last green promotion one, so I'd go for Kit 3 or 4.
Agree with most though, it'd be nice to see them stick with one for at least two seasons.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012