Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:10:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wellens  (Read 38460 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: wellens
« Reply #150 on September 04, 2015, 11:57:32 am by drfchound »
To be honest Cramby, you have just started it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on September 04, 2015, 01:30:16 pm by DonnyRTID »
Heard he's got a driving ban, that would explain why he wants a club nearer home.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on September 04, 2015, 01:34:47 pm by Filo »
Heard he's got a driving ban, that would explain why he wants a club nearer home.

It's not much of an excuse for me, theres plenty of people up and down the Country on far less money than he is with young families, that commute by train and work longer hours, it's not like Doncaster is on a rural line is it?

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on September 04, 2015, 01:37:17 pm by DonnyRTID »
Not everyone likes commuting on public transport though

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on September 04, 2015, 01:53:10 pm by Filo »
Not everyone likes commuting on public transport though

Ask anyone that commutes and I'd say almost everyone hates it, but it's what they have to do, they get on with it

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on September 04, 2015, 02:05:57 pm by Askern_reds »
He said he's not 100% because he's hoping to move next week.
If anybody was desperate for a move then obviously they wouldn't be fully committed, be worried about getting injured.
Dickov has said he fully understands his reasons but they're private ,

Seems to me you're just reading what you want to
I wouldn't play him, just look at what vangal did to degea there not focused when they want to move

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on September 04, 2015, 02:17:18 pm by DonnyRTID »
Yes but if they could get a similar job closer to home, they would.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on September 04, 2015, 02:18:36 pm by DaveDRFC »

It's not much of an excuse for me, theres plenty of people up and down the Country on far less money than he is with young families, that commute by train and work longer hours, it's not like Doncaster is on a rural line is it?

True, but if a 'normal' person (ie not a footballer) got offered a job on similar terms that was closer to home and meant they didn't have to commute anymore they'd jump at the chance. I know I would, and I only work in Sheffield. Why should Wellens be any different?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on September 04, 2015, 02:22:23 pm by Filo »

True, but if a 'normal' person (ie not a footballer) got offered a job on similar terms that was closer to home and meant they didn't have to commute anymore they'd jump at the chance. I know I would, and I only work in Sheffield. Why should Wellens be any different?

You would probably be required to put in a months notice that your were leaving, not a day. Why should Wellens be any different? ;)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on September 04, 2015, 03:07:44 pm by dickos1 »
Clubs can also get rid of players by selling them on when the employee hasn't done anything wrong.
You can't really compare footballers with other normal jobs it's different in many ways

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on September 04, 2015, 03:10:53 pm by Filo »
Clubs can also get rid of players by selling them on when the employee hasn't done anything wrong.
You can't really compare footballers with other normal jobs it's different in many ways

A club can only get rid of a player under contract by selling them if that player consents to the sale

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on September 04, 2015, 03:12:54 pm by dickos1 »
They can consent yes but there are many that won't be happy and surprised that they've been sold.
The Real Madrid goalie was balling his eyes out the other week when they sold him

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on September 04, 2015, 06:04:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't think so Steve...I think you will be surprised,I bet we start playing a bit quicker for a start...but time will tell..

I think it will help the team moving Wellens on, he just doesn't fit what Dickov wants to achieve and this is my big problem with Dickov in that he doesn't always seem to bring in players that suits what he wants to do.

Wellens is history both in terms of ability and status here, letting him leave is not a bad thing.  Whatever the reason (I'll be stunned if it's travel) him leaving is no issue.  I fully believe he's hindered us a lot the past year as he just isn't that good all round.  Technically he has a lot of ability but the guy can't move...

Amen
Technical he still has it. That is the last thing to go. But we rarely played well last season when Keegan wasn't doing the job of 2 men fetching and carrying to compensate for Wellens's lack of movement. The Crewe game away was the eye opener for me. Keegan must have covered 4 times the ground that Wellens did and he ran his boos to water, having to be substituted after 60-odd minutes. That arrangement has to stop eventually.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on September 04, 2015, 06:13:06 pm by Capmeister »
As it stands Wellens is still our best creative midfielder. Chaplow isn't fit and never will be. Keegan is all about breaking play up. Copps is a forward and I'm not convinced about Middleton but he's just green. Couple that with our defensive approach to games which is surprising given Dickov was a forward it's important our midfield is strong. Sadly it ain't.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on September 04, 2015, 06:43:04 pm by Draytonian III »
If and only if he has a driving ban he has only himself to blame. In other walks of life/jobs he could be sacked and as a previously said on here "Doncaster is hardly on a branch line "

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on September 04, 2015, 06:47:29 pm by The Red Baron »
If he had been banned I would have expected it to be in the papers. He did have an "automobile-related incident" many years ago, but that was in his Man United days.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on September 06, 2015, 01:11:11 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He owes us nothing, he is contracted to play for us to the best of his ability, i believe he is doing this but the years of purring through the midfield like a rolls royce engine are over.
No doubt about it at his best one of the best technical players we have ever had in the time i have watched Rovers, but as it is he has been given permission to speak to other clubs, and i think it will suit both parties to split.

He has always been a player who needs plenty of runners around him, he see's passes others in the team are not capable of, his brain is Premier league, his legs are league two.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012