Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:45:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nial mason 6 months suspended prison sentence!!!!  (Read 46214 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Nial mason 6 months suspended prison sentence!!!!
« Reply #390 on February 08, 2019, 09:07:57 pm by drfchound »
He still has the potential.
To be sacked

I didn’t say who with bedale.

If it isn’t with us it will be elsewhere.
He is a very good player.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #391 on February 08, 2019, 09:19:06 pm by knockers »
Two year deal for me otherwise we’re chucking a million away. We’ve all been young and stupid!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #392 on February 08, 2019, 09:27:08 pm by IDM »
I don’t think the bigger situation is about Mason himself, it’s about how the club deals with having a player on the sex offenders list.. IMHO of course, and that’s no reflection of how we came to be in that situation..

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #393 on February 08, 2019, 09:51:51 pm by 5minstogo »
I don't think it helps that he's out of contract at the end of the season. If he gets a new deal (which he certainly would have before this) it could be seen as a reward. It's tricky for the club who now seem destined to lose a valuable asset.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #394 on February 09, 2019, 08:46:50 am by sha66y »
Drinking alcohol clearly has important effect on social behaviors, such as increasing aggression, self-disclosure, sexual adventuresomeness, and so on. Research has shown that these effects can stem from beliefs we hold about alcohol effects. Less is known about how alcohol itself affects these behaviors. A cognitive explanation, that alcohol impairs the information processing needed to inhibit response impulses--the abilities to foresee negative consequences of the response, to recall inhibiting standards, and so on--has begun to emerge. We hypothesize that alcohol impairment will make a social response more extreme or excessive when the response is pressured by both inhibiting and instigating cues--in our terms, when it is under inhibitory response conflict. In that case, alcohol's damage to inhibitory processing allows instigating pressures more sway over the response, increasing its extremeness. In the present meta-analysis, each published test of alcohol's effect on a social, or socially significant behavior was rated (validated against independent judges) as to whether it was under high or low inhibitory conflict. Over low-conflict tests, intoxicated subjects behaved only a tenth of a standard deviation more extremely than their sober controls, whereas over high-conflict tests they were a full standard deviation more extreme. The effect of conflict increased with alcohol dosage, was shown not to be mediated by drinking expectancies, and generalized with few exceptions across the 34 studies and 12 social behaviors included in this analysis.

Alcohol = adventuresomeness = public apology = forgiveness = new contract and possible life path change = justice has been served..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #395 on February 09, 2019, 09:30:51 am by IDM »
You cannot excuse a sexual assault to drinking..

Yet again the issue isn’t now about the particulars of the offence, more how the club deals with a player on then sex offenders list, whatever people think about how that has come about..

Had this have been a conviction for assault as in having a fight, I assume it would have been much less of an issue for the club to deal with..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:21:51 pm by IDM »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #396 on February 09, 2019, 10:17:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Drinking alcohol clearly has important effect on social behaviors, such as increasing aggression, self-disclosure, sexual adventuresomeness, and so on. Research has shown that these effects can stem from beliefs we hold about alcohol effects. Less is known about how alcohol itself affects these behaviors. A cognitive explanation, that alcohol impairs the information processing needed to inhibit response impulses--the abilities to foresee negative consequences of the response, to recall inhibiting standards, and so on--has begun to emerge. We hypothesize that alcohol impairment will make a social response more extreme or excessive when the response is pressured by both inhibiting and instigating cues--in our terms, when it is under inhibitory response conflict. In that case, alcohol's damage to inhibitory processing allows instigating pressures more sway over the response, increasing its extremeness. In the present meta-analysis, each published test of alcohol's effect on a social, or socially significant behavior was rated (validated against independent judges) as to whether it was under high or low inhibitory conflict. Over low-conflict tests, intoxicated subjects behaved only a tenth of a standard deviation more extremely than their sober controls, whereas over high-conflict tests they were a full standard deviation more extreme. The effect of conflict increased with alcohol dosage, was shown not to be mediated by drinking expectancies, and generalized with few exceptions across the 34 studies and 12 social behaviors included in this analysis.

Alcohol = adventuresomeness = public apology = forgiveness = new contract and possible life path change = justice has been served..

I think I've just lost my last scrap of faith in the benefits of the internet.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #397 on February 09, 2019, 11:45:49 am by bobjimwilly »
I have got drunk many, many times. I have never once sexuality assaulted a woman, including groping bums, breasts or anything else. Alcohol does lower inhibition, but you also have to have the character to do certain things, therefore alcohol is not an excuse.

I think the club want to keep their image as a family friendly club, and this controversy is too damaging to that image. Mason will be let go.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #398 on February 21, 2019, 07:07:47 am by DRNaith »
Have I missed anything announced about Mason, or is it still an ongoing matter with the club?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #399 on February 21, 2019, 07:23:41 am by Donnywolf »
I am on here and all other Media and have seen nothing announced and when it is I expect it to be front and centre NOT hidden away in any way

I am being patient because I feel as I probably said on here somewhere  (Edit - reply #377)  this is a colosally difficult decision for all involved BUT whichever way the Club decide will be fine by me.

After all the Flag doing the rounds v Palace said " In Rovers we trust"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:30:09 am by Donnywolf »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #400 on February 21, 2019, 08:27:23 am by the vicar »
I don’t think the bigger situation is about Mason himself, it’s about how the club deals with having a player on the sex offenders list.. IMHO of course, and that’s no reflection of how we came to be in that situation..
I think more nieve more than anything

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #401 on February 21, 2019, 08:56:04 am by IDM »
Vicar your response to my quote does not follow at all..

How does any naivety affect how the club deals with having an employee on the sex offenders register.?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #402 on February 21, 2019, 09:09:16 am by selby »
The club will handle it how they see fit, And all we have to do is trust them that when they have gone through the appropriate system, know all the facts, they will make the right decision.
   One thing I did notice was that in the programme versus Peterborough,  all trace of him being in the squad was missing, no photograph or write up on the squad.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #403 on February 21, 2019, 09:20:01 am by MachoMadness »

You're right mate. Who among us hasn't gone out for a few pints and ended up on the sex offender's register?

Oh, that's right... everyone. Jesus wept.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #404 on February 21, 2019, 09:40:57 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Can't see the point in resorting to wild speculation again or testing other peoples moral compass. As Selby says, we should just trust the club on this matter.

Personally, I don't think they owe me any form of statement. I don't need to know. Our preparation for the next game goes on. Business as usual until someone tells us any different.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #405 on February 21, 2019, 10:09:35 am by Donnywolf »
Exactly right. I thought we had done ths to death already

All will be revealed when there is anything to say and at the moment there is nothing new we can add here imo

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #406 on February 21, 2019, 10:20:58 am by grayx »
I wouldnt be surprised to see him given a new deal under reduced terms. Hes a good player but his options now will be very limited due to his own stupidity. Seems to be an occupational requirement amongst footballers at times🙄.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #407 on February 21, 2019, 10:49:11 am by 5minstogo »
I wouldnt be surprised to see him given a new deal under reduced terms. Hes a good player but his options now will be very limited due to his own stupidity. Seems to be an occupational requirement amongst footballers at times🙄.

Why would he accept reduced terms? He'll just go somewhere else on probably a better deal than he already has. He's good enough, he'll get a second chance in football.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #408 on February 21, 2019, 11:08:20 am by tommy toes »
I think if the club were going to sack him they'd have done it by now.
As for Niall, his options are severely limited.
So I hope that Rovers give him a new deal and bring a contrite Mason back into the team some time next season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #409 on February 21, 2019, 11:11:04 am by IDM »
As has been said, let’s wait and see..

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #410 on February 21, 2019, 11:48:37 am by jamesrover17 »
I picked up on Radio Sheffields interview with McCann after Palace when questioned why Matty Blair played at RB over Lewis, his response was along the lines of Matty deserved it following on from other FA cup performances and he has '2 good players in that position' presumably referring to Matty Blair and Aaron Lewis...

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #411 on February 21, 2019, 12:25:28 pm by graingrover »
I think misdemeanours should be dealt with in Court and judgements of the act made there .Subsequent judgements not of the act but of the individual on social media often say more of the posters than of the individual judged .

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #412 on February 21, 2019, 12:49:55 pm by swintonrover »
Looks likely to me that rather than sack him and go through all the paperwork with the PFA, they're just going to keep him on the books until his contract expires in the summer and it gives Rovers an easy out.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #413 on February 21, 2019, 01:30:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Looks likely to me that rather than sack him and go through all the paperwork with the PFA, they're just going to keep him on the books until his contract expires in the summer and it gives Rovers an easy out.

My thoughts exactly.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #414 on February 21, 2019, 07:05:23 pm by sha66y »

You're right mate. Who among us hasn't gone out for a few pints and ended up on the sex offender's register?

Oh, that's right... everyone. Jesus wept.

I’m sure you are aware that this is a cut and paste job from the internet and not necessarily my own viewpoint...

I do tend to add humour to a volatile subject to give it balance...

I saw a guy in a pub in Donny bury his face in a woman’s hair as she squeezed past him..... I’m wondering what that is classed as ? 

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #415 on February 21, 2019, 07:14:57 pm by roversdude »
Is there any value in putting NM on some sort of course (I know this has been done for racially motivated assaults in the past) - I’m by no means trying to lessen the crime

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #416 on February 21, 2019, 09:01:36 pm by since-1969 »
Is there any value in putting NM on some sort of course (I know this has been done for racially motivated assaults in the past) - I’m by no means trying to lessen the crime
His contract is up at the end of the season , so they either offer him terms or someone else WILL.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #417 on February 21, 2019, 09:57:01 pm by roversdude »
Yep I know, just thought that offer of a contract dependant upon completion of a course could satisfy everyone

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #418 on February 22, 2019, 08:41:03 am by GazLaz »
He will be probably be due a loyalty bonus when his contact expires as well.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #419 on February 22, 2019, 01:40:54 pm by phil old leake »
I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned before on this thread but a major factor whether he is offered a contract might be other players.  No one knows what some of them feel about playing with him   There could well be some issues in the dressing room

TinyPortal © 2005-2012