Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:20:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today  (Read 1753 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Today
« on April 03, 2010, 07:33:26 pm by MrFrost »
Today showed how we lack strength in depth. 4 outfield players on the bench and nothing available to try and change the game.

Martis gave the worse defensive display i've seen for a long time.

But having said that, we've performed miracles to even be in this position, with our limited resources, and our ever growing injury list this season.

I do worry for next year, unless some serious business can be done in the close season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Re:Today
« Reply #1 on April 03, 2010, 07:38:03 pm by SkellowRover »
Well if JR is serious in wanting us to push for promotion next season then some serious wheeling and dealing needs doing and i think himself, dick and terry might need to put their hands in their pockets.

Having said that there is a rumour doing the mill that stock is on his way to the blades in the summer with Billy & Montgomery coming this way, no idea if there is any substance to this though.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 03, 2010, 07:42:48 pm by MrFrost »
SkellowRover wrote:
Well if JR is serious in wanting us to push for promotion next season then some serious wheeling and dealing needs doing and i think himself, dick and terry might need to put their hands in their pockets.

Having said that there is a rumour doing the mill that stock is on his way to the blades in the summer with Billy & Montgomery coming this way, no idea if there is any substance to this though.

I just can't see Billy in a Rovers shirt next season. Neither can I see the board getting the wallet out.
This season has shown what can be done without spending a penney on transfer fee's, and I reckon the board will think it can be done again.

We needed Heffernan today. I don't care that people think he can't cut it at this level. He's proved he can. We didn't have an out and out striker on the pitch today, and without Sharp, there isn't one at the club, unless Brooker gets fit.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 03, 2010, 07:44:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not often do I agree with MrFrost, today I do.  Similar to the Boro game, lack of options costs you game.  Are we really that poor that we can't afford to bring back the loanees or have enough youth players with quality to make up the bench and provide an option?

chesterfieldrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 03, 2010, 09:25:40 pm by chesterfieldrover »
Poor performance.  Tip tap, pass pass and then lose the ball without ever threatening the goal. And what was it today with all the set pieces?  All wasted. Always one pass too many and we don't get the ball into the box.  I am not particularly impressed with JET as he does not work hard enough, but at least he shot in the second half.

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 03, 2010, 09:30:53 pm by NathanDRFC »
MrFrost wrote:

I just can't see Billy in a Rovers shirt next season. Neither can I see the board getting the wallet out.
This season has shown what can be done without spending a penney on transfer fee's, and I reckon the board will think it can be done again.

The Board have spent this season. Just look at the wages on Sharp (we are paying the full amount), Shackell (we paid a large %age of his wages) and JET, plus the transfer fee for Martis.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 03, 2010, 09:44:38 pm by MrFrost »
I wad reffering to transfer fee's alone. I was under the impression Martis was signed for free. I really hope he was after today.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 04, 2010, 01:19:37 am by BobG »
SkellowRover wrote:

I really do hope that rumour has got lots of legs Skellow. Bite their bloody hands off. Right now.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012