Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:22:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Scunthorpe game  (Read 13560 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Scunthorpe game
« Reply #60 on December 14, 2018, 08:34:25 pm by drfchound »
He are our latest preview and predictions for League One:

http://d3d4football.com/league-one-preview-predictions-15th-december-2018-by-ian-bradley/

How can Herbie Kane not be in that L1 team of the season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 14, 2018, 08:37:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
Problem with this early kick off is risk of frozen pitch. Small, but it has been a rapid temperature descent. Quicker going down perhaps than Lewis Guy in the last few months of his contract.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 14, 2018, 10:14:42 pm by RoversAlias »
He are our latest preview and predictions for League One:

http://d3d4football.com/league-one-preview-predictions-15th-december-2018-by-ian-bradley/

How can Herbie Kane not be in that L1 team of the season.

I raised this issue, apparently it was done based on statistical analysis and Kane wasn't far off the team. Marquis only one point off too. I think it proves that stats aren't everything myself.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on December 15, 2018, 06:49:51 am by Donnywolf »
Problem with this early kick off is risk of frozen pitch. Small, but it has been a rapid temperature descent. Quicker going down perhaps than Lewis Guy in the last few months of his contract.

Latest forecast is +2 c overnight then + 1 until ko

High pressure clashing with Low Pressure producing snow in the North West and / or Scotland.

For us it is nothing more that rain and the forecast shows we may start the Game in totally dry conditions - and then from HT - 1pm we get Light Rain / Rain / Sleet

Here is latest BBC F/cast  https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2651123

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 15, 2018, 07:42:50 am by Campsall rover »

Latest forecast is +2 c overnight then + 1 until ko

High pressure clashing with Low Pressure producing snow in the North West and / or Scotland.

For us it is nothing more that rain and the forecast shows we may start the Game in totally dry conditions - and then from HT - 1pm we get Light Rain / Rain / Sleet

Here is latest BBC F/cast  https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2651123
I always think the met office forecast is mor precise and accurate than the BBC one.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 15, 2018, 08:06:36 am by Donnywolf »

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on December 15, 2018, 08:53:05 am by Barmby Rover »
The danger may be after the game ends, warnings on the A1 last night about freezing rain, normal rain until it hits the floor, then it freezes, drive carefully if you're a commuter to games.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on December 15, 2018, 10:31:43 am by Filo »
Hate early kick offs im never up for it.

Any statisticians out there to say how we generally do with early kick offs?

It’s not that early you know, unless you mean early afternoon and you’re a lazy t**t 😀😀

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 15, 2018, 03:35:13 pm by Donnywolf »
Great to work Scunny over. A game largely ruined by an incompetent Ref (AGAIN) who seemed to think we had come to see him. However I have assassinated him on Rate the Ref

Great - get up and at them from the Kick off and going 2 up in 11 minutes or so is what Teams should do against a team low on confidence - we did but then did not go on to really screw them over

I laughed as 5 Fans of their came in late just as we scored and a few minutes later as it went 2-0 the same 5 left the Ground. :bbscarf:

Most of our Team did well and a few were in for MOTM. After going 2 up we just drifted out of the game for a while aided and abetted by "look at me" Ref Woolmer. We were more at it in the second Half and scored one Goal but we could have had more

For me the only down side (apart from the freezing conditions and the Ref ) were the Bookings again.  True their left backs foul just before Half Time should have been a Yellow but JM should have resisted tripping their bloke a minute later when  he was going nowhere - and when they all got involved BW should have kept his head as well. Both picked up Yellows - and for some it will show passion but for me they were needless Cards. Notice their Keeper who threw his weight around in the same incident and had his hands raised first did not get a Caution . Strange that

So well done again Rovers - convincing win - and badly done Ref - once again you were a complete idiot and your West Stand lino too
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 03:38:23 pm by Donnywolf »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 15, 2018, 03:38:10 pm by drfchound »
Same as what Wolfie said.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 15, 2018, 03:42:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
IMHO, Scunny played the football and we scored the goals. Lawlor had one save all game. We were very good for the first 20 minutes and then we just lost our way. JM’s goal killed the game.

Officiating - the worst I can remember! Inept doesn’t even touch the sides.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 15, 2018, 03:43:41 pm by Filo »
Great to work Scunny over. A game largely ruined by an incompetent Ref (AGAIN) who seemed to think we had come to see him. However I have assassinated him on Rate the Ref

Great - get up and at them from the Kick off and going 2 up in 11 minutes or so is what Teams should do against a team low on confidence - we did but then did not go on to really screw them over

I laughed as 5 Fans of their came in late just as we scored and a few minutes later as it went 2-0 the same 5 left the Ground. :bbscarf:

Most of our Team did well and a few were in for MOTM. After going 2 up we just drifted out of the game for a while aided and abetted by "look at me" Ref Woolmer. We were more at it in the second Half and scored one Goal but we could have had more

For me the only down side (apart from the freezing conditions and the Ref ) were the Bookings again.  True their left backs foul just before Half Time should have been a Yellow but JM should have resisted tripping their bloke a minute later when  he was going nowhere - and when they all got involved BW should have kept his head as well. Both picked up Yellows - and for some it will show passion but for me they were needless Cards. Notice their Keeper who threw his weight around in the same incident and had his hands raised first did not get a Caution . Strange that

So well done again Rovers - convincing win - and badly done Ref - once again you were a complete idiot and your West Stand lino too

My lad stewards in the North Stand, he said three Scunny fans left the ground after 10 minutes 😂😂😂

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 15, 2018, 03:44:14 pm by WheatleyRover »
Im confused at how the Club Doncaster website showed blocks on the South as sold out and there were empty seats still

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on December 15, 2018, 03:44:45 pm by CottyRover »
The ref certainly wasn't a homer! Their no 20, Goode should have been in the book more than once.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 15, 2018, 03:45:00 pm by drfchound »
Scunny had the best of the midfield areas but could not get the better of our back four.
Butler and Anderson were dominant there.
For some reason today we were unable to get the ball down and play our usual fluent passing game.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 15, 2018, 03:47:48 pm by WheatleyRover »
The ref was stop and starting play constantly when the Scunny players kept throwing themselves to the floor

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 15, 2018, 03:57:12 pm by Cramby10 »
The ref certainly wasn't a homer! Their no 20, Goode should have been in the book more than once.
Biggest sh*thouse I’ve seen come to Keepmoat since a certain Mr Kitson.
Reet boiled my p*ss with his diving antics, constant fouling, niggling at our players and his whining to the ref.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 15, 2018, 04:05:43 pm by drfchound »
He nearly removed Butlers shirt right under the refs nose as the players were running back into position following an incident on the edge of the Scunny box in the second half.
Ref just waved it away as if nothing had happened.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 15, 2018, 04:11:39 pm by WheatleyRover »
Sunday league ref that guy

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on December 15, 2018, 04:12:00 pm by selby »
   Another great three points, and the best start to a game we have made for a long time, and credit to Stuart McCall for changing their set up very early, and making it somewhat of a scrappy ill tempered affair of it after the first twenty minutes, not great to watch, but Scunthorpe did get a foothold in the game and competed.
   The referee aided  by the west stand linesman added to a bad tempered period in the game by being inconsistent and in some cases completely wrong in their decisions, so at least the game was not boring, although it must be said that Marquis and Whiteman's bookings were completely avoidable and needless. The inconsistency arising  when  the referee booked Kane for a bad tackle, and did  not book a Scunthorpe player for a similar tackle, and that was not his only example of similar decisions.
  After the opening excitement the game was a slog until Marquis finally put the result beyond Scunthorpe who had made a game of it after looking like they were in for a  hammering.
  My MOM Crawford while he was on the pitch, Anderson and Butler being solid all the game,  Butler making a tremendous block to stop a certain goal in the second half.
  A great result, if not the best display of football we have given this season, but we have goals in us from more than one area of the team, goals coming from shots outside the area from distance, something we were very reluctant to do in past seasons, let's hope we can keep it going and put the teams above us under pressure.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 15, 2018, 04:18:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
Didn’t think ref was totally atrocious. Couple of decisions he definitely got wrong but none of them serious. Wilks handled at one point and that was missed. Would give ref 6/10.

They could still be playing next week and not score. Not up to much going forward but reasonably best elsewhere.

We are very clinical these days.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 15, 2018, 04:37:13 pm by silent majority »
Im confused at how the Club Doncaster website showed blocks on the South as sold out and there were empty seats still

It's unreserved seating in the south so how can they show blocks as sold out? Maybe it's there just to give an indication of the number of tickets sold.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 15, 2018, 04:47:08 pm by drfchound »
Is it because they randomly show the seat numbers as being sold so they can indicate what space there is left in that area.
In the recent Black Friday sale the tickets were sold as seat numbers even though they were for the South Stand.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 15, 2018, 04:51:32 pm by Scooter »
Did anyone see their number 7 (Lund I think) intentionally hit out at Alfie as he went to celebrate Marquis’ goal? Should have at least been in the book if not a red
Cynical set of niggling moaning gets. I hope they get relegated

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 15, 2018, 05:18:33 pm by WheatleyRover »
Plymouth won today, not looking good for Scunny right now

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on December 15, 2018, 05:28:36 pm by eastender »

It's unreserved seating in the south so how can they show blocks as sold out? Maybe it's there just to give an indication of the number of tickets sold.

It does show Blocks as sold out.

The tickets office must sell tickets one block at a time , even though people can sit anywhere they like.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on December 15, 2018, 06:04:13 pm by Campsall rover »
I thought we were a very long way off our best today and we still won comfortably. It is a sign of a very good side that wins 3-0 and doesn’t play well.
Teams that can do that usually get promoted. :thumbsup:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 15, 2018, 06:14:19 pm by silent majority »

It does show Blocks as sold out.

The tickets office must sell tickets one block at a time , even though people can sit anywhere they like.

It was pretty much what I was trying to say, albeit badly!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on December 15, 2018, 06:19:37 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Plymouth won today, not looking good for Scunny right now

They'll be playing a certain Status Quo song pre-kick off soon and I don't have to tell you which one

contains the words " down down deeper & down" 

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on December 15, 2018, 06:31:23 pm by since-1969 »
This game should dedicated to ALL those who wanted McCall at the Keepmoat, this what we could be playing like if you lot had your way 🥴

TinyPortal © 2005-2012