Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 04:12:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: fowls forum  (Read 2700 times)

thornerover94

• Forum Member
fowls forum
« on February 15, 2010, 04:12:12 am by thornerover94 »
i was just browsing through bored and fancied a laugh there was another donny fan on there and they were claiming how big they are compared to rest of yorkshire clubs he came back with some stats
sheff wed last season average 21541
sheff utd last season average 26023
leed utd last season average 23812
says alot doesnt nearly 5k in the difference between u n blunts n your still bigger are ya
brammal lane capacity 32,702
yours 39,812
bigger ground and less fans we may not be able to ours but you only just fill yours 50%
compared to us at around 66%
so really what have you got to shout about????
big club big club sorry your not
highest attendances lets see
leeds 34214 v NORTHAMPTON
sheff utd 30786 v FOWLS
you 30658 v CARDIFF

not sure if they are correct but they failed to reply after seeing this i thought it made good reading

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
Re:fowls forum
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2010, 08:11:16 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
I'm sorry but I don't buy into all this 'we fill a bigger % of our ground than you'

I'd rather average 20k and have a half full stadium than 10k and have a two thirds full stadium....

Sombrero

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2010, 08:55:16 am by Sombrero »
I'd have to agree with wizards, also when looking at attendances there are many factors.

Leeds is a one club city, Sheffield two clubs, Doncaster a large borough but spread over a particularly large area. All this impacts upon attendances and that is before you start investigating prices, what was at stake on the day, previous/forthcoming games that supporters could have spent money on.

Far too much emphasis is placed upon attendances, wizards is quite correct in what he says

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2010, 09:28:07 am by Drover »
So what about us and Darlington?would you rather we had been built a near 30,000 stadium and fill 30% and have all the extra costs to cover for the rest of thye stadium every game with most of the seats never used and then leading to not opening 1 or 2 of the stands to keep costs down.I was disappointed when our original plans for the Moat were scaled down from around 20,000 to 15,000 but I tell you what they were spot on with that one.The keepmoat is the perfect size for us for now and the foreseable future,hopefully we will continue to progress and eventually need to expand but that would be atleast 10-20 years away IF we do continue our great rise.I know people moan at the atmosphere at the keepmoat but it would be far worse if our capacity was 20,000!Look at the old girl Belle Vue? 10,000-11,500 capacity but when full/near full on those Cup games/Derbies for example the Atmosphere was awesome.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012